I suggest you ...

Add ability to color changesets by User

I know it's possible to have changesets colored by replication source as part of a DrBrEx, but would it be possible to add a Display Option to color changesets by User? It seems like it might be easy to add another filter for this.

I did try the "Conditional Format" options, but this seems like it might be for branches only.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul SeaburyPaul Seabury shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul SeaburyPaul Seabury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think JakubH summarized the most important use cases well. In situations where a single server is used, the color-by-replication-source feature is wasted. To satisfy both, you could have a simple toggle between color-by-user and color-by-source.

It's very powerful to see how the team is contributing to a tree without clicking on each (dozens, hundreds?) of changesets.

Hope This Helps!

• JakubHJakubH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should mention, that we use Plastic SCM as a centralized system now. That is why users matter more than replication sources (which is only one in our case).

• JakubHJakubH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, this would be a great feature to differentiate my changesets easily. Similarly, I want to distinguish changesets which were commited by some automatic tool – our build system needs to check-in some files (regularly more or less). Sometimes, I want to highlight all changesets from one developer to quickly find all his/her changes.

• Eyal PelegEyal Peleg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I may offer to expand to idea to being able to apply a user selected color to change sets or branches. To prevent a "collision" with the Conditional Format it can be decided (or configured) such that conditional colors control border colors and user color control background color.

Feedback and Knowledge Base