Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. In SVN there was a great feature that allowed you to select multiple files in your "Local Changed" window and the press "Show unified diff".
    This would compare all the files and show you all the changes in one window.
    It would give you information inbetween the changes to let you know which file you were viewing the changes at.

This was great when you did a "rename" on a variable on hundreds of files etc. Allowing for quicker code reviews ( that are important at our company ).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I'm managing several changelists I give them different names depending on the context. When checking in, I'd like to have the option of using the changelist name as the comment, instead of typing in the comment first and then choosing to check in the changelist.

e.g. - I might have the following:

Changelist: "Feature XYZ"
    Changelist: "Spelling error"
    Changelist: "DO NOT CHECKIN"

I'd like to check in "Feature XYZ" but not "Spelling error" (as it might be irrelevant to the feature changelist). I would like to:

1. Right click on "Feature XYZ" and select "Checkin Changelist"
    2. A dialog box pops…
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is a minor thing but one that bugs me a lot. In P4, when you have multiple files selected in the pending changes view, you have hit ctrl-d to diff all the selected files against the current revision. Plastic has the same feature except it only functions when you have a single file selected.

I find it very usefull to trigger a diff for multiple changed files so that I can review all changes without having to constantly context switch back to plastic to open the next file. Alternatively I have to manually select each file, hit ctrl-d, which…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In a distributed development environment (a central server with the 'good' set of source), when you use Replication to Pull a branch you can identify the source repository in the before-replicationwrite trigger from the PLASTICREPLICATIONSOURCE environment variable and the target repository from the PLASTICBRANCH environment variable. In this way you can check that the repositories match and you aren't corrupting your local repository with branches from another repository.
    However, when you Push a branch, there is no way for the before -replicationread trigger to check you aren't corrupting the central repository by matching you local repository name

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users with side-scrolling capability to use it in the Branch Explorer and diff viewer.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If I have a tga file selected in Gluon, I just see the windows file icon for it instead of a preview of the image. Other file types, such as png show a preview of the image when selected.

Targa is a common file format used for video game textures

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Firstly, we use the Jira integration in plastic so I only have experience in this area. I assume the same concepts apply to other trackers but I can only speak from my experience with Jira

Recently, we moved from using a number of xlinked repositories to using a MonoRepo in Plastic. It's no surprise that plastic already has good support for the MonoRepo approach.

One area we have found that is lagging a little behind is the issue tracker integration though.

Currently, the relationship for the Jira integration in plastic assumes a mapping of 1 to 1 for a repository…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A convenience suggestion. Could we get the checkout option in the context menu for items listed in checkin changes?

I find that Changed Items tends to reflect the items I want to checkout, so navigating the explore workspace tab becomes cumbersome in comparison.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, when I'm on a branch and I want to merge what I have to another branch (e.g. main) I have to right-click on my current branch/changeset, select "merge from this [] to..." and then pick the target from an endless list of all my braches.

This is incredibly error-prone, but still somewhat faster and more convenient than switching to the target branch and then merging from the branch I've just been at.

What I'd like to see is when I right-click on another branch/changeset (that I'm not on) that I get the option "Merge to this branch/changeset...".

This might…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When trying to switch the workspace to a different changeset/branch, the user is first asked if he's sure, but then gets an error if there are pending changes.

It would be great if the question dialog would show how many pending changes there are (and maybe a tooltip with a list of all changed files?). Then, if the user decides to go through with it anyway, the pending changes should be reverted (maybe have a checkbox, so the user is really sure) and the switch should be performed.

When there are no pending charges, the switch should just happen without…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support the ability to jump to a file in the Workspace Explorer from any of the file dialogs. This includes: Pending Changes, Changeset Diff and others.

Right now it is time consuming to see a file in pending changes and want to know more about the other folder contents where that file is located.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In branch explorer I zoomed a bit of, to have a greater overview. Unfortunately, the text bubbles above each branch getting smaller. So it's quite hard to read it then.

Could it be possible to adjust the size in the side panel > Display options?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Plastic integration with Jira Next-Gen projects is broken. There is no way to send data back to Jira projects from Plastic. There should be a Jira plug-in to make the set up for this not only possible but easy.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. many git and snv tools (gitextensions for example) do this and it makes writing useful commit messages much faster

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This would reduce the amount of manual permissions work massively, as I feel I am battling the hierarchical system all of the time to allow things to be enabled properly.

An example of this is when I'm trying to give access to just one branch.

At the moment, giving the repository read / view access (which is required for setting up the repository) then enables that read / view permission for every branch. I then need to manually go through each branch, disable the read and view access and repeat.

This persists down to the folders also, where we need…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think we've all been in the situation where someone checks in multiple GB of images, and nobody notices just how much of a problem that is until later, when those files are properly reformatted and probably renamed.

What happens after this point, currently, is that we wind up with an extra few GB of old data sitting around on the cloud server, costing money and making everything slower as well, but this is truly data we'd never need to see again.

There are also cases where we try something out, then decide against that approach, but we want to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I used to work with Azure Devops and what I miss the most is being able to preview a merge (or to create a draft of a merge).

The idea behind this is that you see the actual changes when a branch would be merged. I have two reasons for this request:

1. Currently with plastic you cant exactly see what the code will look like after a merge. When you currently do a code review, you don't know what the code will look after all conflicts are resolved.

2. When a (feature) branch exists for a longer time, it's common to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be really helpful to have a shortcut bound to the Undo command, like Ctrl+Z for example, or a customizable one.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It's 2022 and i still can not install Plastic on any Arch Linux based distribution. If you used Flatpak you would create a single package for literally every distribution with flatpak.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?