Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Even though I have "Disable All Tips" checked, the "A new version is available" tips are constantly taking up the bottom half of screen because of new versions. I would like to disable the tip showing, you could notify us of new versions somewhere that is not so obstructive. If it is important that we stay up to date with the latest versions, then there should be a background downloader and installer to keep us up to date but the constant nag message taking up the bottom half of screen is too much.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop spamming this stuff every single day and in every tab, every single new version.
    The tick DOESNT DO ANYTHING.
    Please fix it, annoying as hell.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. need to set mouse capture when scrolling in source diff window. Otherwise if your mouse moves outside the scrollbar (most likely horizontally), it stops scrolling, and you need to go back and click and drag to scroll.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to see the status of bugs, features, enhancements, etc. and where they are (backlogged vs implementation, etc) and in which release candidates they are scheduled.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We will like to see the window login on every launch.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So DVCS is great but given I write code in lots of places. I would like to be able to use a single id and sync across various servers.

I use my work domain account at 1 place
    customers domain account,
    Work at home discconected from any LDAP or AD server.

I don't want to manage the users either. So it would be great if people could just login with their facebook, google, or other OpenID and I could sync using those. just like this site allows facebook or Google. Why not plastic also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When running a Diff... between changesets using Plastic GUI (say, when comparing the most recent changeset to the last published build), it would be very useful to be able to copy all new and changed files from the workspace to a specified target directory.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What do you think about adding an option to display branch owner next to each branch*? It would give us an overwiew of which people are working on a given project at a given moment. In our company the branch owner is almost in all cases the person that performs the task associated with the branch.

• I know the information is available in branch properties, but the thing is that we need a more general view without having to select branch to see its owner.
    4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The date column of the items tree is the local modified time of the file in my workspace. It would be much more useful to list the time the changeset that contains it was created. eg. how do I find the most recently modified files in a directory? Similarly a 'cm ls -lrt' equivalent would be useful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice to have an option in the branch context menu in the Branch Explorer view to hide a branch faster.

If I want to hide a newly created branch that I don't want to see, I have to switch to visibility mode first, search the same branch again and double click it. This could be fastened up by adding a 'Hide branch' option to the context menu of all branches in the Branch Explorer view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently there are merge and diff scripts available for xls(x), doc(x) and ppt(x) files, but more and more European organizations are moving to Open Document Format files as their standard.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd like to add submodules to repositories by right clicking on the repo. I would then type the name of the submodule (i.e. <submodule>), only, instead of typing <reponame>/<submodule>. This avoids possible typos when typing <reponame>.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When the preference "Other Options - Show current Plastic SCM user in the window title" is active, it always displays the username configured under "Preferences - General". If there are connection profiles stored under "Preferences - Profiles", this may not be the same user that is logged in at the active workspace. It may not even be a valid user at all, since you will be transparently connected if there is a valid profile.

To be really useful and accurate, the username displayed in the window title should be updated every time the active workspace changes - instead of blindly…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When looking at a branch, we find the "Explore changesets on this branch" window to be very useful, more so than the similar "View changesets on this branch".

In the Items view, the command "View history" is similar to "View changesets on this branch" but it is further filtered to cover only the selected subtree or single file. However, there is no equivalent to the "Explore changesets on this branch" window for the Items view.

I propose adding a context command "Explore history" in the Items view, so that the excellent "Explore" window can be similarly filtered to a subtree…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the Repositories view, very little information is displayed about the repositories listed: Name, namespace/hierarchy, server. That's all.

When I list my repositories I want to see something similar to the Branches view: Owner, Creation date, Comment

(The Comment field was requested in another uservoice: https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/8063376-repository-description)

But most importantly, I'd like to see number of branches, number of labels, number of changesets! This info could be displayed in an "extended information" sidebar, also just like in the Branches view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When you're working in distributed mode with a local development server and want to join a project, you have a lot of work ahead with PlasticSCM.

1. Open PlasticSCM, go to repositories view.
    2. Type in the name of your local plastic server.
    3. Create a new empty repository.
    4. Right-Click and create a workspace from that repository.
    5. Open that workspace.
    6. Go to sync replication view.
    7. Add your local repo as source repository.
    8. Add the repository which holds the project you want to join (clone to your local server) as destination repository.
    9. Click refresh.
    10. Pull the changes.
    11. Open your local workspace.
    12. Click update workspace.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The "View history" and "Changesets" views would benefit from having different icons for each changeset line, depending on whether there's an incoming (or outgoing?) merge etc. As it is currently, the icons in these list views are not really used to their full potential since they are all the same...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I often have more or less blank lines after debugging. When I do not like them to checked in I have to go through all changed files and add / remove blank lines. It would also be great if the menu items have a checkbox, one per option (Ignore EOLs, Ignore whitespace, Ignore blank lines).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Good afternoon,
    I have a proposal to develop of the launch of triggers before operations Checking/Merge. These triggers will be realized by C# or other. If the trigger did with error, then operation Checking/Merge would not be executed.
    The problem definition is the project files are added with specific settings during the collaborative software development into the control version, such as a remote debugging flag or inadvertently not all files are described in the project file for adding to version control. Therefore, the project on another desktop couldn’t be compiled or launched without additional corrections and rewriting of the project…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is a pity to have using the command line to get this information while it could be simply displayed by default in the properties of the selected changeset.
    Tortoise Mercurial GUI client do this and it is very easy to handle. More, the parent/child changesets can be quickly found just by clicking on the hypertext link

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?