I suggest you ...

Sync Views should sync branch meta data changes

Sync views only push and pull pending changesets. However, when working with features like code reviews, new meta data is added to the branches without creating new changesets. In this situation, it is impossible for the user to know which branches have new meta data and they are forced to manually pull each branch to get the changes.

Besides the user experience issue, this breaks the concept of replication itself in my opinion, since the sync view is not keeping my local repo completely up to date with the remote.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Hernandez Cerpa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminCodice Software (Admin, plasticscm) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi David,

Yes, it probably should.

Problem is that tracking the attributes which is what I think you are missing, or the labels, to check whether the replica should be fired or not, would greatly impact performance.

Not something we are against, of course, and we should probably find a solution that is fast enough and good enough.

We need to wait for users to vote it up, though.

Feedback and Knowledge Base