JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Often I will want to share a list of my changed files in the pending changes window, but it looks like Ctrl+C doesn't do anything there. It would be great if when I highlight lines and then try to copy to my clipboard, it would export text of filenames (at least) or all the text in the selected rows as a text blurb I can then share with my coworkers. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When merging from one branch to another, in the Differences window, the only labels are "source", "destination" and the changeset for each. It would be much more helpful if it listed the branch as well, as it is sometimes easy to forget which was the source and which was the dest. Plus it serves as a google safety catch in case you merged the wrong direction.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think the search feature in the Workspace Explorer could benefit from being able to reason about file paths.

Two examples in which productivity would be boosted:

1) I have many config.ini files. If I search for "config.ini", I will find too many results. So I may want to search "MyFolder/config.ini".

2) I have a full path for a file. I want to inspect the history of this file, so I just want to quickly jump to it in the Workspace Explorer. To do that, I would like to just copy paste the full path of the file in the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I often find myself waiting for a teammate to finish with a file lock. It would be great if I could subscribe to a notification for the next time the file is no longer locked so I can sync it and begin my own work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pretty self explanatory. As it stands right now, a repository is completely secure permissions wise until a new branch is made, which may expose that data to people who shouldn't have access.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alternatively you could add separate triggers for this purpose.

Teams that use a replication workflow currently have at disposal only these triggers:

before-replicationwrite
    after-replicationwrite

before-replicationread
    after-replicationread

They are however lacking any details about what was introduced in the replication.

If you use them to connect for example with Discord, you will repeatedly receive "Replication write operation on myrepo" notifications that lack any details.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an "Actual Size" zoom button to the BrEx tool bar. Also, add three auto zoom buttons, "Fit Horizontally on Screen", "Fit Vertically on Screen", and "Fit on Screen".

On a side note: the house icon in the BrEx isn't a vector graphic, so as you zoom in it becomes pixelated. Possibly replace it with a vector graphic so it looks just as smooth as the rest of the BrEx graphics.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It happens from time to time that you think you are working on some branch when actually you are on another.

What I usually do in such a scenario is:
    1. check in on wrong branch.
    2. switch to correct branch.
    3. cherry pick from wrong to correct branch.
    4. copy the merged file(s)
    5. delete new change set created on correct branch created by cherrypick.
    6. copy the files back to the workspace (or just paste from clipboard if it was a single file).
    7. check in the changes (now properly set in the correct branch).
    8. delete the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As each branch should have a defined role and may or may not interact with other branches plastic scm needs a workflow management system (I'm inspired by Jira) which allows definitions of branch roles and let's call it "change/information flow" rules.

This would provide a way to define which branch can be merged into another branch and which can't!

Each branch then needs a role assigned at creation time. Even here the workflow rules could define which roles may be given to a branch created from another branch wich a given role.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support for LDAP queries (including OR operator) that would allow better specificity in configuring access control to repo server.

Screenshot of config wizard: http://screencast.com/t/uXZVgpUvV

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The "Explain Merge" functionality is currently only available while performing a merge, and not in retrospect when looking at an existing changeset containing one or more merges.

I suggest adding this functionality to the "Diff changeset" view as well. it could be activated by context menu on a "Merged from ..." changelist header.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to view pending changes not group by C, A, M but as a list that has the full path to the item with an icon or other indicator for status (C,A,M). Sometimes I am working on different things for debugging or testing and I want to ignore those changes. If the list was just sorted by complete filename it would be easy to see and ignore certain changes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. There needs to be a user right that controls if a user or user group can delete other peoples "Shelves".

As it could be possible to delete another person's shelf by accident, and there is no way of undoing that deletion. This would be especially important when the shelf itself contains a large number of changes which would take a while to redo.

Deleting of your own shelf is OK.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When server maintenance is due, it would be great to know if any client is still connected to the server.
    You may add a new cm-command for that or you implement a shiny info screen on the server.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pending changes view DELETE menu, add option to "remove files from version control"

IN Workspace explorer/files, Delete has two options, "delete files on disk" and "remove file(s) from version control".
    In Pending changes view, Delete will only delete on disk. However this is IMHO the more likely place you would discover files that are controlled but should be excluded!

This thread should explain: http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/1991-how-do-i-ignoreexclude-directories-that-have-already-been-checked-in/

Windows GUI and gtkplastic 5.4.16.918

[ I can't fully test exact behaviour right now because my server is offline at this moment installing updates. Lots of updates... ]

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Similar to "make active workspace" in workspaces, there should be a keyboard shortcut for switching branches.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. https://www.sonarqube.org
    This is a open source code analyser.
    It can be connected to almost every major SCM, except for platsic ;)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to be able to mirror a client's Git repository, create a new branch, and then pull changes from the Git repository without pushing my unfinished/proprietary/scratch/experimental branch.

I have also, from time to time, found myself wanting to clone just a single branch from Git, exclude some branches from Git, or pull everything without pushing anything. All of this is possible in Plastic sync view with Plastic repos, so I thought it would be better to suggest integrating the two instead of suggesting to add these features independently to git-sync.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the Plastic GUI, "Add format" provides the following options:

• Branches with pending merges
    • Active branch in this workspace
    • Custom branch query rule
    • Custom changeset query rule
    • Custom label query rule

cm find, however, supports additional objects beyond "branch", "changeset", and "query". I would like to highlight changesets that contain merge-links from a specific branch, but currently the only way for me to do that is to run the query in the command-line, use the query results to apply attributes, and then use the attributes for a rule that colors the changeset. It would be more straightforward if I could…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?