Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. To make DVCS easier, allow for a local PC repo to be created during the first sync (or perhaps better during the setup of the sync pair). Default to creating the local repo with the same name as the central repo you are settting up a sync with.
    It seems natural to me, that I be able to have the setting up of a sync for the purpose of DVCS be able to create the local PC repo for me, rather than having to create it first, then setup the sync.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! I’m glad to say this have been implemented for some time now. Sorry for not keeping you updated on this!

Now, while creating a Sync View from the Repositories View (Repositories > Right click on a repository > Create new Sync View (push/pull)), or from the Cloud View (same steps as before), you can create the local or remote repositories with a single click (depending on which of them doesn’t exist).

For example, let’s suppose that you are browsing your local repositories, and you want to create a sync view using your local repository as the source, and the remote as the destination. If there is no repository in the destination server (your Cloud organization, by default) with the same name as the source one, you can create it with a single click.

If what you are browsing are the repositories in a remote server, it works the same…

2. There is great feature which allows to put automatically time, date or branch name into check-in comment.

But I have one observation - formating syntax variables are evaluated only ones when Pending Chanegs tab is opened first time.

If in meantime branch will be switched and refresh button clicked it still remains the same. So it leads to situation when both {1} (Data) and {3} (Branch name) can be complately out of sync with real check-in operation.

I propose that refresh shall also re-evaluate auto-comment string and update Check-in comment accordingly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, I have to go through one-by-one for directory conflicts and resolve them individually. This is painful when I have 144 evil twin conflicts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently the Crucible plugin just supports changeset reviews. Branch reviews would be great to have.

In our dev team we always have one branch per task. After finishing the task and before merging into the main branch we perform a review by using Crucible. Branch review would be more intuitive to just select the branch for review than to select the last changset and the base changeset from the main branch

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re very sorry to announce that this functionality is not currently supported by Atlassian Crucible.
    We’ve spent some time studying the Crucible SCM plugin API to find some way to make branches browseable from the Crucible review content screen. Sadly, the plugin API only exposes changeset and directory browsing.

But there’s another option: we recommend you to take advantage of our new GitServer functionality, which allows you to connect to the Plastic SCM server through the Crucible native git plugin to connect. You can find more information about GitServer at https://www.plasticscm.com/gitserver/

We’d like to thank you all for your outstanding interest in Plastic!

5. Currently command 'cmd find revision' for changsets which are result of merging does not display files which were included in them.

This leads to situation that if 'branch per task' approach is applied Jenkins plugin is not able to properly present modified elements in Changes chapter.

If from any reason 'cm find revision' behaviour shall be preserved than other command shall be used in Jenkins plugin (e.g. "cm diff cs:XY" and the "cm log cs:XY") as suggested on PlasticSCM forum

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add support for C#6 language features

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For integration with issue trackers there is a "Global extension configuration" feature, implemented through a special repository "plastic-global-config". This could be extended as a way to offer server-global configuration of cloaked / ignored items, revision filetypes etc.

This would be an alternative to adding .conf files for all workspaces locally on each machine, under %LocalAppData%\plastic4.

(I was told this is already on the roadmap...)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Whenever I start Plastic SCM, I have to click the "Show diffs" button in pending changes to show diff viewer at the bottom of the window. In fact I always use it and prefer having it visible.

Would you consider preserving the last state of the diff viewer?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Several times now I have checked in a change set missing one or two changes because I failed to click the Refresh button first. It would be nice to have an option to automatically refresh the list when the window is activated (such as how VS does it when it detects an opened file has changed on disk) or when the user switches back to the tab.

Refresh speed does not seem to be an issue for us, but if it is for some people having this as an option would be fine. At the very least having the option…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For example:
    I created a branch with the name "Feature1". Now, I want to create a new branch with the name "Feature". Plastic SCM should remember, that there was already a similar branch name, but with a trailing number.
    Now, I want the possibility, that Plastic SCM can automatically append the next increment of the previous number. In that case, it would result in "Feature2".

That feature should be able to be activated/deactivated in the branch creation dialog, if a user want so.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the branch explorer I'd like to have + / - buttons to control zoom.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let a workspace be activated by simply double clicking on it in the workspace list.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The client should automatically update itself. The update shall be downloaded in background and automatically be applied during next start-up.

133 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you create a new workspace, Plastic SCM 5.4.16.654 Palencia fills in the Workspace Name and Path on disk fields automatically. It is easier now to create a workspace than it was in previous versions.

However, I would go a bit further. Firstly, the default 'path on disk' could be configurable or PlasticSCM could remember the parent directory of the last used folder and suggest it later on instead of the 'Drive:\Users\UserName\wkspaces\' path which is currently suggested as the base.

Secondly, when you click the 'Browse' button next to the 'path on disk', the folder selection dialog should navigate to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mario,

First of all, we’d like to thank you for your interest in Plastic and your feedback :)

Regarding your first issue, we decided to include a new setting inside the guiclient.conf file. This will allow you and other users to set the default workspace parent path, instead of using what you noticed: <Drive>:\Users\<username>\wkspaces. To do so, you’d just need to add a line in the guiclient.conf file (inside the <GuiClientConfigData> tag) as follows:

<DefaultWorkspaceRoot>C:\path\to\your\workspaces\root</DefaultWorkspaceRoot>

Once restarted, the GUI dialog should use this path as default.

About the second issue, the functionality you mention should be in place, but it seems there is a problem with the scroll on the browsing dialog. The written path (or its first existing parent) is actually selected, but the scroll neither moves to display it nor highlights it. We’ll look into this problem and we’ll release a fix ASAP.

Please don’t hesitate…

15. Creating a workspace should be as simple as selecting a repo. Why am I filling in the same, unchanging bits of info each time? I don't give my workspace a name different than the repo, that's crazy. I don't change the my c:\dev\ source root folder root, and the repo is now filled in.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be integrated in the release BL654. It is done.

That being said: it is not that “crazy” to use a workspace with a different name than the repository. In fact I do it all the time since I tend to switch repositories while using the same workspace when I have to switch from one project to another, provided they’re not too big.

16. In Branch Explorer / Options / Changeset colors - Replication Sources there is a list of every replication source that has ever been used to synchronize with.
    I'd like to remove entries of this list in order to keep it clear. This is especially usefull in highly distributed scenarios.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently only the user name and the date can be selected as templates for custom checkin comments.
    As some build servers (such as bamboo) look into the comments when determining changes it would be nice to have at least the branch name as a template. This should be the branch prefix which is given when creating the branch + its name.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A Merge To operation perform a merge (as a classic Merge From operation) and moreover a check-in. However, no check-in trigger is fired. Please add this functionality. It is important, because without this, any custom system relying on the check-in triggers has this hole.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Whenever PlasticSCM is updated to a new version, the installer uses default list of components to install. So every time you make an update, you have to select the components you want installed.

Could you make the installer remember the last used list of components and use it as the default one whenever PlasticSCM is installed later on?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Windows Installer: Some components previously installed were not remembered to be re-installed when upgrading to a newer version. Affected components were:
    Windows Explorer Integration
    IntelliJ IDEA plugins
    Office plugins
    Now the issue it’s fixed.

20. When reviewing the "Pending Changes" before a commit, I view the changes of a file by double-clicking it.

A new tab opens and shows a diff. Unfortunately, the name of the file is not shown anywhere.

I suggest: show the name of the file this 'diff' belongs to.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?