Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Whenever I start Plastic SCM, I have to click the "Show diffs" button in pending changes to show diff viewer at the bottom of the window. In fact I always use it and prefer having it visible.

Would you consider preserving the last state of the diff viewer?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Branch Explorer / Options / Changeset colors - Replication Sources there is a list of every replication source that has ever been used to synchronize with.
    I'd like to remove entries of this list in order to keep it clear. This is especially usefull in highly distributed scenarios.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. UE4 Editor has source control built into it's editor similar to Unity. It would be great to be able to connect to Plastic since it's so useful for game development. It looks like a fairly straightforward plugin system (but a ways beyond my ability at the moment)

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let a workspace be activated by simply double clicking on it in the workspace list.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the branch explorer I'd like to have + / - buttons to control zoom.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For example:
    I created a branch with the name "Feature1". Now, I want to create a new branch with the name "Feature". Plastic SCM should remember, that there was already a similar branch name, but with a trailing number.
    Now, I want the possibility, that Plastic SCM can automatically append the next increment of the previous number. In that case, it would result in "Feature2".

That feature should be able to be activated/deactivated in the branch creation dialog, if a user want so.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add an option to define a custom keyboard shortcut for each of the 'open with' elements.

That would facilitate processing selected file in external apps and would be useful especially when ceratin tools are executed before checkin quite often, like SortResx etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you create a new workspace, Plastic SCM 5.4.16.654 Palencia fills in the Workspace Name and Path on disk fields automatically. It is easier now to create a workspace than it was in previous versions.

However, I would go a bit further. Firstly, the default 'path on disk' could be configurable or PlasticSCM could remember the parent directory of the last used folder and suggest it later on instead of the 'Drive:\Users\UserName\wkspaces\' path which is currently suggested as the base.

Secondly, when you click the 'Browse' button next to the 'path on disk', the folder selection dialog should navigate to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mario,

First of all, we’d like to thank you for your interest in Plastic and your feedback :)

Regarding your first issue, we decided to include a new setting inside the guiclient.conf file. This will allow you and other users to set the default workspace parent path, instead of using what you noticed: <Drive>:\Users\<username>\wkspaces. To do so, you’d just need to add a line in the guiclient.conf file (inside the <GuiClientConfigData> tag) as follows:

<DefaultWorkspaceRoot>C:\path\to\your\workspaces\root</DefaultWorkspaceRoot>

Once restarted, the GUI dialog should use this path as default.

About the second issue, the functionality you mention should be in place, but it seems there is a problem with the scroll on the browsing dialog. The written path (or its first existing parent) is actually selected, but the scroll neither moves to display it nor highlights it. We’ll look into this problem and we’ll release a fix ASAP.

Please don’t hesitate…

10. Whenever PlasticSCM is updated to a new version, the installer uses default list of components to install. So every time you make an update, you have to select the components you want installed.

Could you make the installer remember the last used list of components and use it as the default one whenever PlasticSCM is installed later on?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Windows Installer: Some components previously installed were not remembered to be re-installed when upgrading to a newer version. Affected components were:
    Windows Explorer Integration
    IntelliJ IDEA plugins
    Office plugins
    Now the issue it’s fixed.

11. When reviewing the "Pending Changes" before a commit, I view the changes of a file by double-clicking it.

A new tab opens and shows a diff. Unfortunately, the name of the file is not shown anywhere.

I suggest: show the name of the file this 'diff' belongs to.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ever since the linux installer was replaced with support for repositories, it is no longer possible to get the plasticscm eclipse plugin. Please provide an eclipse plugin update site and/or a zip file download of the eclipse plugin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creating a workspace should be as simple as selecting a repo. Why am I filling in the same, unchanging bits of info each time? I don't give my workspace a name different than the repo, that's crazy. I don't change the my c:\dev\ source root folder root, and the repo is now filled in.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be integrated in the release BL654. It is done.

That being said: it is not that “crazy” to use a workspace with a different name than the repository. In fact I do it all the time since I tend to switch repositories while using the same workspace when I have to switch from one project to another, provided they’re not too big.

14. Display the version/build in the about dialog for the GTK client similar to what the the windows/portable variant does.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Several times now I have checked in a change set missing one or two changes because I failed to click the Refresh button first. It would be nice to have an option to automatically refresh the list when the window is activated (such as how VS does it when it detects an opened file has changed on disk) or when the user switches back to the tab.

Refresh speed does not seem to be an issue for us, but if it is for some people having this as an option would be fine. At the very least having the option…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, when showing diff branch view in branch (task) with many sub-branch (sub-task) and some rebase, all merge are grouped under

"Merged from cs:##@br:{source branch name} : # items"

This is useful for rebase merge because when I diff a branch, I want to see what changes were made in the branch and having rebase changes hidden under this group is good.

However, grouping of sub-branch merge is defeating the purpose of diff parent branch. Most often, when I diff a parent branch, I want to see changes as flat changes, regardless of which sub-task the changes from.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be helpful to us to know when a checkin includes a pending merge link. There is no way to get at this information in the trigger, but in our case it is quite fundamental.

We need to have a way to force integrators to not be able to merge in there own code, since that provides a single point of failure. They can merge in each others code, or their developers' code, but not their own.

In our particular case another solution would be a before-merge trigger (which does not exist) so that we could deny them the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently if a file is selected in the pending changes view, and you click "Show Diffs" the differences appear in the lower portion of the screen.

Suppose you don't like a change that you see, return to the file and fix it, and come back to Pending Changes. Obviously the current diff does not reflect the changes. However, if you click the Refresh button it does not refresh the file which is currently selected. It appears to cache the changes.

You can select another file and return to the first one to see the new change; in fact you don't…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently the Crucible plugin just supports changeset reviews. Branch reviews would be great to have.

In our dev team we always have one branch per task. After finishing the task and before merging into the main branch we perform a review by using Crucible. Branch review would be more intuitive to just select the branch for review than to select the last changset and the base changeset from the main branch

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re very sorry to announce that this functionality is not currently supported by Atlassian Crucible.
    We’ve spent some time studying the Crucible SCM plugin API to find some way to make branches browseable from the Crucible review content screen. Sadly, the plugin API only exposes changeset and directory browsing.

But there’s another option: we recommend you to take advantage of our new GitServer functionality, which allows you to connect to the Plastic SCM server through the Crucible native git plugin to connect. You can find more information about GitServer at https://www.plasticscm.com/gitserver/

We’d like to thank you all for your outstanding interest in Plastic!

20. This would be very useful for custom integrations. Now, we have to poll regularly to find out, if any attribute of an object has been changed.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?