I suggest you ...

Add support for running external tools on selected item(s)

This is an extension of the Custom "Open with" feature, to be able to run external tools/scripts with the selected branch/changeset(s) etc as input arguments.

For inspiration, see the "Tools - External Tools..." implementation in Microsoft Visual Studio. In that dialog, the user can add custom commands to a list that is later displayed in the menu. For each command, you can specify Title, Command Line, Initial Directory and Arguments. For the last two you can use placeholders like $(ProjectDir), $(CurLine) etc. In Plastic we could have placeholders like %wkspace_path, %repo, %selected_changeset etc...

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Göran Wallgren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminCodice Software (Admin, plasticscm) responded  · 

Hi!

We’re happy to inform you that Plastic SCM now supports adding custom menu entries for many of its views. This new entries will run a command related to the currently selected object. To find out how this works and its many possibilities, please go to the corresponding release notes page: https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/6.0.16.1486

Thank you all for your great feedback and support!

Regards,
    Miguel

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service