I suggest you ...

unix diff output for file differences

It woul be useful to have the option to export files differences in the unix diff format

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alessandro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this one? This is a really important feature for me since I often have to review refactorings with hundrets of files. (e.g. method signature has changed). These are actually minor changes but with many files being changed. Back in subversion I was just reading the revision's unified diff scrolling through the changes and checking whether greater refactorings have been made here and there. This was done in 5 minutes, now I review half an hour because I have to click through each and every file!
        Setting up a command line diff tool for these operations is not an option for me. I need a one click solution without the need to reconfigure my client.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add a feature to create a path file from a change set or even a range of change sets, or a branch. Its just a button "create patch file" from diff view and a command. :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A command to output the changed lines, in unified diff format, to console. (I do not know what unix diff format is.) A patch command is unnecessary, it is part of MinGW.

Feedback and Knowledge Base