I suggest you ...

create shelve from changeset

You should add a way to shelve a already checked-in changeset. This way a checkin on the wrong branch could be shelved, deleted and then applied to the correct branch.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SWSBB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Göran Wallgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an excellent idea, useful not only for correcting mistakes. Only being able to shelve pending changes is limiting, you might want to shelve a change but forget to do it before Checkin. Even worse, you may plan to press Shelve (by expanding the Checkin button) but by accident or "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" you press the Checkin button instead. Then you can't shelve...

This could serve as a lightweight implementation of this request:
        https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/3742293-move-changesets-to-different-branch

One potential problem here (when used to correct a mistaken Checkin) is the fact that when you shelve a changeset, the shelve has a dependency on the changeset it's based upon. This currently makes it impossible to delete that changeset, even if there are no other dependencies. Would it be possible to (optionally?) break this shelve-dependency and have the shelve behave like a pure "patch diff"?

• psantosl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't you just cherry-pick from the cset?? Ok, to be able to delete it, correct?

Feedback and Knowledge Base