Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. This would be very useful for custom integrations. Now, we have to poll regularly to find out, if any attribute of an object has been changed.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ever since the linux installer was replaced with support for repositories, it is no longer possible to get the plasticscm eclipse plugin. Please provide an eclipse plugin update site and/or a zip file download of the eclipse plugin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, when showing diff branch view in branch (task) with many sub-branch (sub-task) and some rebase, all merge are grouped under

"Merged from cs:##@br:{source branch name} : # items"

This is useful for rebase merge because when I diff a branch, I want to see what changes were made in the branch and having rebase changes hidden under this group is good.

However, grouping of sub-branch merge is defeating the purpose of diff parent branch. Most often, when I diff a parent branch, I want to see changes as flat changes, regardless of which sub-task the changes from.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display the version/build in the about dialog for the GTK client similar to what the the windows/portable variant does.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The latest Bamboo version is 5.6.1 and there currently seems to be support for version 4 only.
    Plastic should support the latest version as it is a severe drawback not to be able to work with the existing build server.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add an option to define a custom keyboard shortcut for each of the 'open with' elements.

That would facilitate processing selected file in external apps and would be useful especially when ceratin tools are executed before checkin quite often, like SortResx etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd be great if we can make a partial undo when there's a pending merge link. It could be helpful if you have not finished work but need to checkin your merge link and/or other changes

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently if a file is selected in the pending changes view, and you click "Show Diffs" the differences appear in the lower portion of the screen.

Suppose you don't like a change that you see, return to the file and fix it, and come back to Pending Changes. Obviously the current diff does not reflect the changes. However, if you click the Refresh button it does not refresh the file which is currently selected. It appears to cache the changes.

You can select another file and return to the first one to see the new change; in fact you don't…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Feature branches support in teamcity plugin is misssing. Please implement this feature to make life for Team City users easier :)

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone!

We’re really happy to announce that our TeamCity plugin now has feature branches support since release 5.4.16.783 (https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/5.4.16.783). We encourage you to download the new plugin version and install it in your TeamCity servers to take advantage of this new feature.

There are some things you should keep in mind before the upgrade:

• Existing projects configured with Plastic SCM VCS roots will need to be reconfigured.
    • There’s an issue involving the diff of moved + changed files due to limitations on TeamCity API, pending to be adressed.
    • Server-side workspaces are no longer needed, so you’ll be able to safely remove them.

Thank you for your feedback!

10. Use case:

I browse a specific revision of my repository. I want to be able to copy files/folders to a location on the file system. Preferably, drag&drop is supported.

I do NOT want to: merge, cherry-pick, revert, ...

I just want to be able to extract files from a previous revision and copy the files somewhere to the file system.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Why don’t you just open it up with the appropriate editor and then save it where you want? You can also save as from the history view.

From the browser, as you propose, it is just a matter of opening up and saving. You can also create a custom “open with”.

11. It would be helpful to us to know when a checkin includes a pending merge link. There is no way to get at this information in the trigger, but in our case it is quite fundamental.

We need to have a way to force integrators to not be able to merge in there own code, since that provides a single point of failure. They can merge in each others code, or their developers' code, but not their own.

In our particular case another solution would be a before-merge trigger (which does not exist) so that we could deny them the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Whenever I want to revert a file to its historical revision, I feel I have no idea how find the revision I'm looking for. In some cases when I'm working in a branch, I need to revert all changes I made in a file in that specific branch. So I go to the revision history list of the file, and intuitively look for a revision being lower than the current one, and which is located in the main branch. But that approach is completely wrong. If you work according to the branch and merge rules, file revisions are always generated…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One of the options when you ignore a file looks like it gives you the option to ignore a file on a particular path. e.g. c:\path1\tempfile.txt
    However, when you look at what has changed in ignore,cnf, it shows you that you are ignoring path1\tempfile.txt and not the specific path.
    Could the option indicate that what is ignored is relative to the workspace?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PlasticSCM should provide a plugin for Jira 6. This plugin should provide a TAB on the 'View Issue' screen in Jira. This Tab should contain the Custom Field "PlasticSCM", which gets linked to PlasticSCM client

147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When user intervention is needed during a merge, the merge tool opens. If there are multiple changes in the file being merged, the first operation you need to do then is jump to the first section that needs user intervention (a 'pending non-automatic' one).

Because the program does not do it automatically, I tend to forget to jump to that section, thinking that the currently displayed one is the one that I have to correct. If the tool needs my intervention, and that's the reason it is started, why does it bother me with a correct section on startup? :-)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, if you are using VS2013 integration and the VS "Dark" theme is selected, the purple cherry pick links are virtually invisible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The article here: http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-automating-reports.aspx says it applies to Plastic SCM 2.5+, however cm fco --all is not a valid command in Plastic SCM 5.0. --all is an invalid parameter.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey guys, IntelliJ 11 is actually ancient. The current version is 13 and 14 is going to come soon. It would be good if you supported this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-how-to-configure-plastic-scm-with-mysql.aspx

^ In this article there is no instruction for how to restart the server and CONFIRM that it is connected to MySQL. Consequences for not confirming are that the user charges forward with data being written to SQLite and later has to migrate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide an option to not delete the .plastic directory in Windows when deleting a workspace through the UI. When working in a shared UNC path, deleting the workspace from one user also deletes the workspace for all other users and can cause a headache.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?