Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

152 results found

1. It is currently not possible to force Pending Changes view to ignore deletions of controlled file.
    Even if included in "hiddenchanges.conf" deletion of such object is still detected.
    It would much more convenient to either take into account hidden
    changes.conf or add hidden_deletions.conf

Regards

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Same behavior can be achieved using the cloaked.conf file.

Adding removed items to the cloaked.conf file will prevent those files to appear at the pending changes view, switching the workspace to another branch won’t trigger the download operation.

Please consider this option.

2. Every now and then I need to change the server URL which is associated with a workspace. SVN has the switch and relocate commands for this, git allows to do this by setting the origin of a repository clone. In PlasticSCM I need to delete and re-create the workspace. It would be nice if there was a relocate command for doing this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jan,

Yes, it is even possible to make the switch as you proposed, or to use aliases.

In the near future we’ll redo some of the workspace tree storage stuff, cleanly separating the repspecs from the rest of the data, so editing will be much simpler :)

At this point, I’m going to close this request since it has too few votes and it can be solved using aliases, ok?

3. Sometimes I want to view a Diff between the latest changeset on two branches. Then it would be convenient to multi-select the two branches and choose "Diff selected branches" (in symmetry with multi-selecting two changesets and choosing "Diff selected changesets").

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Repo / workspace names will not fit in the workspace tabs if using long descriptive names.

This becomes worse when using the feature of "sub-repositories". When having several subrepo workspaces we could end up with only the parent repo name visible in the workspace tab.

I'm aware that I can rename workspaces, but it would be better if the tab widths were not so restrictive.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. On Windows, whenever you can, use the recycle bin.

For example, before you've checked in a file to Plastic, and it's a pending add - if you right click on the file and click delete, it gets removed from the HD.

It would be great if one of the following was done:

• always use the recycle bin for when deleting files from the HD
    • have two options "Delete" and "Delete (via Recycle Bin)"
    4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For us, a common operation is that we have run compilation etc in a workspace and then want to wipe out all the generated output files to get a clean workspace again (similar to "make clean" in a Makefile).

This is a feature I miss from TortoiseSVN, which has a context command "Clean up". What that command does is to bring up a small dialog with cleanup-options, where I can choose things like these (translated to Plastic nomenclature):

• Refresh shell overlay icons

• Delete private items

• Delete ignored items

• Undo all changes

• Undo unchanged

• Apply cleanup to xlinks as well

Perhaps…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a command "Items" to the shell extension menu (in Windows File Explorer). This command should open the Plastic Items view, drilled-down to the current directory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Now the Plastic Client GUI allows only one server connection information. In my case I have different projects, for different companies in different servers. I need to setup it all the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In the Items view, we can Cut and Paste but there is no Copy command. Cut+Paste will cause a Move operation.

Optimally, I'd like to be able to "fork" an item (at least a file) by creating a new Copy/Clone of the item that shares a common history with the original item from the cloning point and backward in time, but that has its own unique history from the cloning point and forward in time. (This was possible in SVN, where it was possible to trace the history of a copied file back into the original file where it was…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It's very good that we have keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+N/M for prev/next Diff, but in the grander scope they are rendered sub-useful since these keys only work when one of the Diff panels has keyboard focus.

For example, in the Pending Changes view I like to review all changes before Checkin. To do this, I select the first item in the list. I can then use keys Up/Dn to walk around between changed items and the inline Diff is updated accordingly.

However, when there are many diffs in a file I want to review them all so I try the Ctrl+N/M…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is a follow-up to the following uservoice:
    http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/7422880-facilitate-creating-a-new-workspace

Now that there is a setting DefaultWorkspaceRoot in guiclient.conf, please update that with the latest one entered in the New Workspace dialog. That way a user will not have to manually edit this setting.

(BTW, when I told one of my coworker that there is a setting for this in the conf file, the reaction was: "I know, but this is ridiculous. The program should update that setting automatically!")

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t think the behavior you propose is the right one.

By default Plastic already proposes a place to store workspaces. Chances are 99% of people will simply keep their workspaces there, since it is just a place inside the home directory.

Maybe some teams need another place for this, then it is probably fine for them to edit the default.

I understand it would be fine to simply use the last path users entered, but then why should we have a configurable “root”? We did this because many teams want this to give a default setting to their users, specially on huge teams.

Then, you can probably skip and create a workspace on a different location but: should it really be the new default? Maybe you just occasionally skipped the default place but you want to keep it for the rest of your workspaces……

12. It would be great to have a native package for Arch Linux that you can install with pacman.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please find a way to sync not only changesets but names of branches, too.
    We do a lot of renaming on them and it's a total mess once synced.

Why we need to rename so often?
    Well, i'ts because of your release cycle. Every month we create a branch call RC. This branches is then tested by QA through the month and finally released with a version number, that's when we rename RC to whatever version it has.
    We don't the exact version at the beginning of the month, as we release hotfixes, too. So it might seem to be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For read-only xlinks, the branch expansion rules have no significance. Therefore I suggest the following clarifying changes:

In the "Create/Edit xlink" dialog, when the "Writable" checkbox is not checked the "Branch expansion rules" list should be hidden (or disabled and empty). No default rule should be added and related warning boxes should not be displayed.

When checking/unchecking the "Writable" checkbox during creation, default rule(s) should be added/removed accordingly. Also, the whole rules list should be shown/hidden (or at least enabled/disabled) accordingly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the Plastic GUI on Windows, make the mouse wheel zoom the Branch Explorer / 2D History instead of scrolling it horizontally. It should work as in the Linux gtkplastic client.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When trying to create a child branch from a branch that already has the same task/named child branch Plastic refuses.

Maybe this could be a question, "branch already exists, continue?" so you can still create the branch.

This is useful for bug fixing when it's inappropriate to go back to the original branch and great for keeping the JIRA updated with plastic changes, instead of workarounds like renaming branches.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The loads of text + interactive question that is spewed out in the console from the Plastic "cm" CLI command when there is some mismatch in the server certificate can disrupt any attempts at automation using the shell. If a certificate problem is expected, it would be nice if the certificate could be auto-accepted using a command line option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Most of the Plastic Server/Client configuration files reside in the installation folder of PlasticSCM (on both Windows and Macs). To change them you need superuser privileges. If you decide to reinstall/upgrade PlasticSCM these files get overwritten (e.g. when you install the Debian packages). So the settings should really go to a place where a normal user can edit them and where they will not get overwritten by an upgrade.

On Linux/Mac this is partially done for the client side with the .plastic4 folder inside the user's home, but things like the logging configuration or configuration for the CM tool still…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, there is no easy way to jump into the Branch Explorer from selected branch(es) in the Branches view.

This would be very convenient since it can sometimes be cumbersome to locate a specific task branch etc in the main Branch Explorer, while it's quick to find it in the excellent "Tree view" of the Branches view.

I'd like to have in the Branches view a (partial?) clone of the "Branch Explorer" submenu from the Branch Explorer view:
    * Show selected branches in a new diagram
    * Show selected and related branches in a new diagram
    * etc

Also, when…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add quick 'switch to this changest' icon on the context menu on changeset. it is annoying to find the switch entry in the context menu

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We tried to add the icon, but our current menu implementation is not ready to do it on Windows.

So the effort to add this feature doesn’t really make sense.

A future GUI using WPF (if we ever go to WPF fully) will get this solved.

• Don't see your idea?