Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. Every workspace shows up as a tab in the plastic client. I would like to be able to close unused ones without getting rid of workspaces.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Say you put them in a "triggers" folder, you would simply register them using a parameter, e.g

cm mktr before-clientcheckin "bob" "$workspace\triggers\checkin.py"

The $workspace would be substitued by whichever workspace caused the trigger to fire. The only exception to this would be "before-mkworkspace", since the trigger would be inaccessible.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. While you are doing a code review, you may be interrupted by a call or whatever. It is difficult to keep track of which files you have already verified in that case, especially if the code review is one of many tasks you are performing at the same time :-).

What do you think about adding a feature of ticking individual files in a code review as verified? Just to know which files you have already seen.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be very usefull to add the equivalent command line "cn" for every task you explain on the interface, so it can be automated

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This command fails if any of the items already exist. It would be more useful if it just ignored existing items. Typically I would run it on a subdirectory of my workspace.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

It has been included on release 5.4.16.704:
    Command Line Interface: The cm add and the cm partial add (gluon CLI) commands now accept a new parameter: —ignorefailed. This new parameter allows to skip items that cannot be added without rejecting the whole add operation.
    REMARK: If a directory cannot be added, none of its inner items will be added either.

6. Automatic merge fails in the following situation:

For a particular source code line on separate branches:

1) add a new line before or after it
    2) modify the line

When rebasing one of the branches from the other this fails, apparently because the new line is grouped with the other in the diff tool. If they were considered separately it should be a trivial automatic merge.

An alternative would be to make the manual resolution easier by providing a mechanism to split the merge block so each line can be selected separately (source/base/dest). I think xxdiff has this capability. Currently…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, git-sync allows a plastic client to sync with git. However, it would be handy if git could clone a repository on a plastic server. THis wqould allow integration with products that integrate with git (such as FishEye).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Powershell is growing and Windows is ensuring that admin will eventually learn Powershell (sort of Object-Oriented-Shell in Windows)

It might be wise to prepare for providing powershell-native modules as midterm strategy.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. When user intervention is needed during a merge, the merge tool opens. If there are multiple changes in the file being merged, the first operation you need to do then is jump to the first section that needs user intervention (a 'pending non-automatic' one).

Because the program does not do it automatically, I tend to forget to jump to that section, thinking that the currently displayed one is the one that I have to correct. If the tool needs my intervention, and that's the reason it is started, why does it bother me with a correct section on startup? :-)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use case:

I browse a specific revision of my repository. I want to be able to copy files/folders to a location on the file system. Preferably, drag&drop is supported.

I do NOT want to: merge, cherry-pick, revert, ...

I just want to be able to extract files from a previous revision and copy the files somewhere to the file system.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Why don’t you just open it up with the appropriate editor and then save it where you want? You can also save as from the history view.

From the browser, as you propose, it is just a matter of opening up and saving. You can also create a custom “open with”.

11. When reviewing the "Pending Changes" before a commit, I view the changes of a file by double-clicking it.

A new tab opens and shows a diff. Unfortunately, the name of the file is not shown anywhere.

I suggest: show the name of the file this 'diff' belongs to.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support for C#6 language features

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. (I believe this one is already on the roadmap...)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, the Plastic plugin for TeamCity (Continuous Integration) only supports server-side checkout mode.

This means the workspace resides on the server and after updating the workspace its contents are copied to the build agent(s). Thus, the agent does not have a complete workspace, only a copy, which means that Plastic commands can not be run in this copy on the agent.

More specifically, it is not possible to ask questions about the current changeset or workspace status on the agent. (Our build process assumes that the build is done inside a Plastic workspace.)

Could you please considere supporting the TeamCity…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In order to be able to implement a condition on merge, such as requiring a peer review before merge, or a test build completing, I would like to see the ability to have a trigger on a merge operation. Today we can trigger on the check-in after starting a merge, but then if the condition is not met we are left with having to undo the merge (remove the pending changes). It would be much easier to implement this sort of "merge gate condition" if the trigger could be on the actual merge operation.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[New] Release 6.0.16.1471

Added a new before-merge trigger. This trigger could be used to deny the merge of some branches if certain conditions are not met.

The trigger can be register using the following command:
    [code]cm maketrigger before-merge merge_gate “/path/to/script” —server=myserver:8084[/code]

Check the [link] https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/triggers/plastic-scm-version-control-triggers-guide.shtml#Chapter5:Detailedtriggerreference triggers reference[/link] to check all the available info on the merge trigger.

Remarks: the client and the server should be updated to use this functionality

16. Could you please bring back the previous/next item keyboard shortcuts that used to be available in branch diff and code review? They existed in Plastic SCM 5.4.16.663 (Yaguate), but they are no longer available in later releases. It is no longer that easy to move between files listed in the top pane.

Now that they are unavailable, there is too much clicking. We can no longer perform code reviews as efficiently as we used to. It really matters when you perform many of them on a daily basis.

Thank you in advance. We will be grateful.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In many cases when I merge branches, an xml documentation file happens to be one that needs user intervention (a manual merge). Because this file is automatically generated by Visual Studio, its content order is random. What's more, it is usually quite large and even several hundred sections in it may need user intervention.

I don't actually care about the content of that file, because it will be automatically generated correctly when I rebuild the project after merging the branches. So I just click 'Save and exit' without changing anything.

When I do that, the application asks me an extra…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a way to configure (at least be .conf file) for which file-extensions Semantic Diff will be activated.

Since release 5.4.16.701 Semantic Diff will revert to text-based diff when it fails to parse a file, but it should be possible to disable it completely for some files (C++ .h headers for example) where the implementation is not yet complete (or simply because the user prefers a standard text-based diff).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Implemented a mechanism to disable Semantic Diff for certain file extensions. A semanticexcluded.conf file can be placed inside the Plastic SCM configuration directory: HOMEPATH/AppData/Local/plastic4. This file will contain patterns to match the files to diff. Semantic diff will be disabled for files whose path matches any of those patterns.

Example: Having the following semanticexcluded.conf file:

*.h

/src/core

The semantic diff won’t be displayed for the following items (server path format):

/lib/headers/core.h

/kernel/kernel.h

/src/core/main.cpp

/src/core/modules/network.c

19. In the "Explore changesets on this branch" view, display also the author of each changeset in the list on the left. (Currently on display is cs-number, date, comment but not whodunnit... ;)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. The semanticexcluded.conf file can be used to control which file extensions are consider for Semantic Diff.

Currently, this file only has an effect if it's put in %LocalAppData%/plastic4/.

Just as for the ignored.conf file, for greater flexibility this file should work also when placed in:

• Workspace (or repository) root.

• Global config (rep:plastic-global-config, folder <repo>/workspacetree/

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?