Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. There are a couple of things I'd like to see added in the "Branch history" table inside the Branch Properties view:

• The "Source changeset" cell for the "Creation point" row should include the source branch, just as for the "Rebase from" rows. This would make it easier to see where a top-level branch was forked from, and even for child branches it would be more consistent. (Only changesets on the current branch should omit the branch name.)

• In the context menu for the rows in this table there are "Diff ..." and "Browse ..." commands. I'd like add 2 more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When creating a branch from an issue tracker task/ticket, the ticket title description is added as the branch comment.

When merging back from such a branch it would be very useful if the branch comment was displayed in Pending Changes (along with the branch name on the Merge Link and on the title of the Merge Changelist). Otherwise you only see the ticket number from the branch name (/main/trac5877 or similar).

The same goes for the Diff Changeset view, and possibly some other views as well. Display the branch comment along with each merge changelist header.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Definition: when I refer to a repo "hiearchy", I mean some repo ("the top" level repo) and all of the repos xlinked below it (those repos may contain xlinks to repo, thus the "hierarchy").

Today, if you have a large and complex repo hierarchy, it make it very difficult to work distributed.

Use case: A "top" level repo than contains in it's referenced "repo hierarchy" 200-300 other repos via xlink. These other repos may be several levels of xlink deep. The purpose of all of the xlinks is component/reuse structure of coding.

While creating such a repo on a central…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In 5.4.16.694 a new option was added to diff two selected items in the 'Items 'view. This currently only works for two Controlled files or two Controlled folders.

It would be great to have this work for two Private files (or one Controlled and one Private file) as well. You would have to do some detection of txt/bin filetype on the Private files.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In 5.4.16.694 a new option was added to diff two selected items in the 'Items 'view. This option should be available in the Windows shell extension as well.

The following related uservoice should apply here too:
    http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/10027482-items-view-allow-diff-of-private-files-as-well

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like the "Home" changeset to always be shown (when at all possible) in all the branch-explorer/2D-revtree views. This would make it easier to relate the view to the current workspace contents.

In all those views, I'd like the Home changeset to be displayed regardless of date filter (possibly with a dotted parent-changeset arrow to connect it with the nearest date-filter-included changeset).

In the 2D revtree I simply want an extra U = Unchanged changeset (on the relevant branch) with the Home icon above it, in the cases where the home changeset/branch would not otherwise be included.

NOTE: Exclusion…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is a new idea inspired by another uservoice that was declined:
    https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/10300338-remember-last-entered-path-for-workspace

However, the solution suggested here supports all three of the conflicting scenarios given by Codice staff when declining the earlier uservoice: a proposed initial default path (set on first install), a configurable root path (now set from GUI) and a way to remember the last entered path (but only on demand).

There is a setting DefaultWorkspaceRoot in file guiclient.conf, but there is no way to set that from the GUI. I propose adding a link/button "Set as default path for new workspaces" or similar in the New…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When viewing changeset history I tend to think about changesets in terms like "that is the checkin where I merged/rebased from /other_branch". That kind of context is sometimes lost in the Plastic views:

• In 2D History if a merge is unrelated to the selected item then the merge arrow is not displayed.

• In Branch Explorer if the /other_branch is hidden by filter, the merge arrow is not displayed.

Not displaying the merge arrow in these cases is logical since the /other_branch is unrelated or hidden. However, I'd find it helpful to have some kind of (optional) visual indicator that an…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When starting the Plastic GUI (on Windows), the tab for the active workspace tab is selected. Below that is a "selector bar" indicating what's currently loaded (switched to) in this workspace.

If the workspace is switched to a Branch/Label, there is no immediate way to find out which changeset number is actually loaded right now.

Example: When switched to a branch, if the workspace has not been Updated recently we may not be at the latest changeset on that branch.

I propose displaying the actually loaded changeset number in this "selector bar", to have this crucial information readily available regardless…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the Items view, for a single file we have the (customizable) submenu "Open".

In the History list for a single file, we have the "Save this revision as..." command along with "Open" and "Open with...".

For consistency and ease-of-use, the "Open" submenu should be available in the 2D History view for a single file as well. Also, the "Save this revision as..." command should be added to this "Open" submenu.

This is much related to another uservoice that requests adding the "Save this revision as..." command to the "Open" submenu in the Items view as well:

http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/5125416--save-as-from-browse-repository-on-this-changese

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This suggestion is a simple and minimal solution to a feature that is missing in Plastic and that we used a lot in TortoiseSVN - the ability to filter a Changeset Diff to the subtree-path that we're viewing the History of.

I have earlier suggested more elaborate changes to support this feature, but the simplest possible fix for this is as follows:

When opening a Changeset Diff from a (2D) History view of a directory (subtree), automatically populate the "Filter:" box (for the Changeset Diff) with the workspace path of the directory that the History view is working against. (This…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Just a simple (crazy?) idea. This would be very nice to have when the number of labels in a repo grows large. A hierarchical Labels view would be consistent with the rest of the Plastic UI.

• Implement "soft" namespacing for labels (i.e "Namespaced Labels/Label 1"), similar to the one for branches.

• Then add buttons "List view" and "Tree view" to the Labels view, just like the Branches view.

Technical:
    No change is needed to how label names are stored, but the forward-slash character needs to be allowed in a Label name (it isn't currently, which is great since it means…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I often bring up the 2D history tree for a directory to see what changes are done to items in its subtree. This works quite fine, but it does not show merge arrows for merges that involve items inside the relevant subtree. This makes it harder to follow what happened.

For example, I can see "C" changesets on a child branch and then later a "C" changeset on the main branch where the comment on the latter says it was merged back from the child branch, but there is no merge arrow displayed.

For a more informative view, I suggest…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I wanted to replicate a whole repository and need to map user names.
    I managed to replicate single branches using the user translation table. However, in "Sync replication", there is no such option. That is, I have to replicate each branch one by one. I have to select the translation mode in the GUI each time I replicate a new branch.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to quickly list all the xlinks in a workspace, both in the GUI and on the command line.

The "cm xlink" command lists info about one specified xlink, but how do I list them recursively (without doing a "cm ls -R | grep xlink" or using "cm fileinfo" in every subfolder)?

I think there should be a command for this, perhaps "cm findxlinks", similar to "cm findprivate". A raw list of absolute paths to xlink-folders would do fine.

Also, I would like a GUI view listing all the xlinks in a repo (similar to the Branches view).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be cool to have aliases for branches.
    The whole system builds up on branches names and you may refer to them from other programs, so you can't change the name.

Example: Branch with name 'Task0815' is a new feature called 'Branch aliases' (see what I did there? ;])

In the Branch Explorer this branch could be displayed as:
    Task0815 | Branch aliases

This would enhance the overview inside the branch explorer, because having Task001 to Task999 isn't telling you much.

At the moment this would be inside an attribute or the branch description, but both aren't displayed until you…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In Branch Explorer, it's hard to combine inclusion and exclusion rules since there is no way to adjust priority order between them, and exclusion always seems to override inclusion.

I would suggest evaluating (for each branch) the inc/exc rules from top to bottom and stopping at the first (enabled) matching rule (just as for the custom coloring rules). Then you could re-use the "move up" button for adjusting these prios (only keeping the separation of color-rules from the inc/exc rules).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When applying a new label, there is a checkbox "Label all XLinked repositories".

However, when moving a label ("Apply label to workspace contents") there is currently no way to automatically apply (or move if existing) a label by the same name in xlinked repositories.

It would be very nice to be able to do this (as an option).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If we could set individiual icons for each repository (like its possible in Jira) working with many repositories becomes more easy. Currently I have to ensure that I am looking at the correct one by looking at the name. Just quickly checking the icon would be a lot faster.
    Additionally the names do not fit into the workspace tabs, having a small version of the icon displayed there would switching workspaces much quicker.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When using inclusion/exclusion filter-rules in Branch Explorer, the active branch may become hidden. I want some way to force the active branch to be always visible.

There is a special coloring-rule (currentselectorbranch) for the "Active branch in this workspace", but there is no way to do the same in an inclusion rule. (As I don't think it's possible to locate the active branch via a simple find-branch-query?)

I propose adding a way to (optionally) always show the active branch. This could implemented simply as a new "Display option" - "Always show active branch" or as a special inclusion…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?