Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. When listing changed files in a cs or pending changes, optionally list the number of lines changed in each file in the table. This would help in finding the important files from a large number of files.

Difficulties finding a revision to compare to make this hard to script from the command line.

It probably should ignore whitespace.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The 'clean differences' button on the compare window skips all diffs from merges. Sometimes you would only like to skip rebase merges and see the rest.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As used in SemanticMerge the build in Text Merge tool does not have keyboard shortcuts. This makes it frustrating when you can use hotkeys for SemanticMerge but not for the external tool provided with SemanticMerge.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of PlasticSCM, the merge tool has the following shortcuts:

• Select/Unselect source: Ctrl+1
    • Select/Unselect base: Ctrl+2
    • Select/Unselect destination: Ctrl+3
    • First conflict: Ctrl + Shift + -
    • First conflict: Ctrl + -
    • Next conflict: Ctrl + +
    • Last conflict: Ctrl + Shift + +
    • Previous non-automatic conflict: Ctrl+PageUp
    • Next non-automatic conflict: Ctrl+PageDown
  4. I would recommend you provide instructions for:

Meld,Beyond Compare, DiffMerge, KDiff3 but I will leave you to determine and others to determine what is appropriate.

Atlassian SourceTree has build in options for:
    AraxisMerge, Beyond Compare, DiffMerge, KDiff3, P4Merge, TortoiseMerge

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sometimes when a file is moved or renamed the pending changes view doesn't track this change as move operation, but as delete and add. It would be great if the user could tell plastic that this should be handled as a move.

You may add such an option to the context menu while one deleted and one added file are selected. It's your choise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you try to save a modified in memory read-only file in VS with PlasticSCM set as current version control plugin, VS will show you a Save As dialog instead of asking you to overwrite file or discard your changes as it normally does (without PlasticSCM plugin).

More details here:
    http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2257-unable-to-overwrite-read-only-files-with-plasticscm-in-vs2013/

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hey SemanticMerge Team,

when will other payment system be available for semantic merge?
    I doesn't have a credit card but a normal paypal account...

I really love your tool!

Thank you :)

Sanny

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using the annotate command on the GUI, it is possible to annotate files from a certain changeset.
    However, it is not possible to do so from the 'cm ann' command line. The command only refers to local files.
    Having this option will help me build a tool to automate the 'blame' process.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Whenever I want to revert a file to its historical revision, I feel I have no idea how find the revision I'm looking for. In some cases when I'm working in a branch, I need to revert all changes I made in a file in that specific branch. So I go to the revision history list of the file, and intuitively look for a revision being lower than the current one, and which is located in the main branch. But that approach is completely wrong. If you work according to the branch and merge rules, file revisions are always generated…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the synchronize with Git Repository requires that I keep entering the Repository URL along with Username and password. It would be nice if these values were persisted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you have a moderately sized team and want to scan through the branch explorer for work you did, even with changeset coloring, it can be difficult to find what you are looking for. A toggle to hide every changeset other than ones that you worked on would make this a much quicker and simpler process.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently if a file is selected in the pending changes view, and you click "Show Diffs" the differences appear in the lower portion of the screen.

Suppose you don't like a change that you see, return to the file and fix it, and come back to Pending Changes. Obviously the current diff does not reflect the changes. However, if you click the Refresh button it does not refresh the file which is currently selected. It appears to cache the changes.

You can select another file and return to the first one to see the new change; in fact you don't…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be helpful to us to know when a checkin includes a pending merge link. There is no way to get at this information in the trigger, but in our case it is quite fundamental.

We need to have a way to force integrators to not be able to merge in there own code, since that provides a single point of failure. They can merge in each others code, or their developers' code, but not their own.

In our particular case another solution would be a before-merge trigger (which does not exist) so that we could deny them the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, when showing diff branch view in branch (task) with many sub-branch (sub-task) and some rebase, all merge are grouped under

"Merged from cs:##@br:{source branch name} : # items"

This is useful for rebase merge because when I diff a branch, I want to see what changes were made in the branch and having rebase changes hidden under this group is good.

However, grouping of sub-branch merge is defeating the purpose of diff parent branch. Most often, when I diff a parent branch, I want to see changes as flat changes, regardless of which sub-task the changes from.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display the version/build in the about dialog for the GTK client similar to what the the windows/portable variant does.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ever since the linux installer was replaced with support for repositories, it is no longer possible to get the plasticscm eclipse plugin. Please provide an eclipse plugin update site and/or a zip file download of the eclipse plugin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Whenever PlasticSCM is updated to a new version, the installer uses default list of components to install. So every time you make an update, you have to select the components you want installed.

Could you make the installer remember the last used list of components and use it as the default one whenever PlasticSCM is installed later on?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Windows Installer: Some components previously installed were not remembered to be re-installed when upgrading to a newer version. Affected components were:
    Windows Explorer Integration
    IntelliJ IDEA plugins
    Office plugins
    Now the issue it’s fixed.

18. When you create a new workspace, Plastic SCM 5.4.16.654 Palencia fills in the Workspace Name and Path on disk fields automatically. It is easier now to create a workspace than it was in previous versions.

However, I would go a bit further. Firstly, the default 'path on disk' could be configurable or PlasticSCM could remember the parent directory of the last used folder and suggest it later on instead of the 'Drive:\Users\UserName\wkspaces\' path which is currently suggested as the base.

Secondly, when you click the 'Browse' button next to the 'path on disk', the folder selection dialog should navigate to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mario,

First of all, we’d like to thank you for your interest in Plastic and your feedback :)

Regarding your first issue, we decided to include a new setting inside the guiclient.conf file. This will allow you and other users to set the default workspace parent path, instead of using what you noticed: <Drive>:\Users\<username>\wkspaces. To do so, you’d just need to add a line in the guiclient.conf file (inside the <GuiClientConfigData> tag) as follows:

<DefaultWorkspaceRoot>C:\path\to\your\workspaces\root</DefaultWorkspaceRoot>

Once restarted, the GUI dialog should use this path as default.

About the second issue, the functionality you mention should be in place, but it seems there is a problem with the scroll on the browsing dialog. The written path (or its first existing parent) is actually selected, but the scroll neither moves to display it nor highlights it. We’ll look into this problem and we’ll release a fix ASAP.

Please don’t hesitate…

19. Please add an option to define a custom keyboard shortcut for each of the 'open with' elements.

That would facilitate processing selected file in external apps and would be useful especially when ceratin tools are executed before checkin quite often, like SortResx etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Branch Explorer / Options / Changeset colors - Replication Sources there is a list of every replication source that has ever been used to synchronize with.
    I'd like to remove entries of this list in order to keep it clear. This is especially usefull in highly distributed scenarios.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?