General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. There isn't anything on the AUR from the Community for Plastic and I would like to use Plastic SCM on my Arch based PC. Could you make it available on there?
    I can only use the one in Unity but it is buggy and I think it doesn't have branch support... Or another alternative that Unity is using too is AppImages!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Branch Explorer "Options" sidebar has its "tabs" in a vertical layout, which works better when there are several tabs. Other sidebars (in the Branches and Changesets views) use horizontal tabs instead. It would make sense to unify these so the same type of sidebar component is used in all these places.

Additionally, I think the "View History" view should have a sidebar as well...

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When modify one item, mark parent directory modified.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I currently have a login for downloading Plastic SCM. I have another login for the community forum, and I have a third login for this site.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Window sizes for these windows are remembered the next time you open them, but adjusted heights of the splitter panes (comment, changes, diff) are not.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Branch Explorer, the alternating date-background color can be changed via a variable in a .conf file, but none of the other color schemes.

There is also the Themes feature in Preferences, but those seem to leave the Branch Explorer unaltered (even leaving it light for the dark themes)!

What we do have is the ability to color branches by attribute (conditional format) and to color changesets by user/replication-source. (But sadly, the color by replication source feature is currently broken.)

My request is to expose all the border, fill, background, selection and font colors to the user, either via .conf…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently, the Plastic SCM installer provides an option to include plugins for various IDEs as well as Office.

The Office Plugin support is provided for 2003, 2007, and 2010. Noting that the year is 2016, and that two releases of Office have occurred since then, the plugin should be updated to work with the latest versions.

Additionally, the Office Plugin doesn't have quite the same "polish" and "style" that the rest of Plastic has when running on Windows, so it could use some touching up.

Finally, if this isn't a priority - and since it really exists to integrate with…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, to use a different repository server, you have to run the configuration wizard multiple times.

It would be much more convenient to be able to open the Plastic SCM tool and click "add new server..." or "select repositories from server..." so that the user can choose where to get a list of repositories (projects) to work with - and start creating workspaces to pull the project down to.

The following is a scenario I ran into:
    1) I created a local plastic server to replace my personal CVS server for projects that I work on at home. Using the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes i type comment for a checkin but then discover some issues in the list of files that force me to close the dialog (loosing the already typed comments).

The current woraround is to open notepad and copy the comment into it for later use. But that is rather clumsy.

So request is that when you close the commit dialog without commit the typed comment is added to the dropdown list of previous comments (or is just restored when the dialog is re-opened for the same workspace).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When undoing pending changes on a very large (binary) file or a large number of files, the operation can take a considerable amount of time, especially if connecting directly to the repo server over Internet.

It seems the original file contents are re-downloaded, but that is not directly obvious so a progress indicator (just as for update/switch) would be helpful here. Otherwise one may think that the process has stopped working...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save revision as freezes the entire Plastic SCM client while it downloads the file from the server and saves it on disk. This unacceptable, especially for big files.

Progress bars must be added to Merging / Save revision as windows so users can see, well, the progress of the operation, and not wonder did it get stuck or something. Especially for people with slow internet connections.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Currently, finding a branch by namespace is not possible. Even worse, [find branch where name = 'main'] returns 1 branch, but [find branch where name = '/main'] returns none!

Please add full namespace support so we can find branches by complete name, such as [find branch where name = '/main/task001/subtask_1'].

This request originates from the following forum post:

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2003-add-an-attribute-to-a-newly-created-branch-changeset/

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Similar to the request to group workspaces and repositories (https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2772036-group-workspaces-and-repositories) but not quite the same.

Using submodules to group repos limits you to a single classification of a repository. Ideally you are able to tag a repository with several keywords like you do on a forum or an article. This would allow us to tag a repository with 'real-time control' or 'imaging algorithm' but also tag it with a product name that uses it or the programming language that it is written in.
    This would necessitate a new repository view in the client where instead of a list…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've read your posting about undoing merges:
    http://blog.plasticscm.com/2014/07/how-to-undo-merge.html

The problem of the solution provided there is that the removal of the integration does not remove the merge link. Furthermore the subtractive merge is not tracked. That is, the changes introduced into the branch "Release500" (CS 180) is like if a developer has manually removed the bugfix.
    Suppose the finalization of issue32 has not made it into Release
    500. Instead, it has been integrated directly into /main after the release. At the moment you integrate Feature500 into /main you remove the fix again, maybe without noticing.
    What we need

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We are a large corporation with an LDAP (Active Directory) with 10's of 1000's of entries in the LDAP/AD server.
    Today, I think one of the biggest performance issues with Plastic SCM is the VERY large number of requests to LDAP to lookup SID to be able to display uid. Finding a way to speed up this operation would, I believe, be a boost to performance in many operations in Plastic SCM (especially the GUI?). Item view, changeset properties, and annotate history would improve just to name a few.
    I first thought of this problem when asking myself why the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An option to refresh the branch explorer automatically would be nice. Similar to Auto Refresh Pending Changelist Option.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. On the workspaces tab, next to "Create new workspace..." a button "Add existing workspace" would be amazing.

Use case: I recently received a new laptop and all of my working files were copied from my old laptop including a folder containing numerous workspaces that are >10gb each, I needed to work on some of these projects while out of the office but couldn't find an easy way to add them back in to Plastic and recreating/downloading them from scratch while remote wasn't an option.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently the option is instead of timestamps. It would be faster just to check the contents if the timestamps don't match (unless it already does and this is just a labelling issue).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If you use a console based diff tool such as vimdiff it can cause the GUI problems. It would be nice to be able to set different difftool preferences for the GUI and 'cm diff', possibly with a command line option:

cm diff --tool=vimdiff

It might be necessary to give tools names or id's in the GUI preferences to reference from the command line so you can easily configure the arguments.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like to be able to split existing changesets, similar to what is possible with 'git rebase'.
    Mostly this is useful for preparation for cherry-picking some functionality that is needed on more than one branch.
    I'm not suggesting that you necessarily inflict something as complexed as 'git rebase' in plastic.

Instead it might take the form of:

A. Do a subtractive merge of the commit I want to split. Allow me to then re-merge the subtractively merged commit, without generating any merge links, over the current changeset (or maybe invent some kind of new merge link that visually indicates this…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?