Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Back in old Subversion, the scenario of "Updating to a newer changeset (on the current branch) while there are Pending Changes in the workspace" was handled very smoothly and seldom caused any problems. (Sure, conflicts can arise but they are usually minor since we are on the same branch.)

I'm aware that it's recommended that each developer works on their own child branch. Nevertheless, this situation comes up, for example when two child branches are being concurrently merged back to the parent. Also, the Plastic team has already put some work into supporting this scenario:
    http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2012/02/working-on-single-branch-update-merge.html
    "While our recommended pattern…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This would prevent you from adding a file and forgetting to add it to source control before changing branch. This idea here is that you would set Plastic up to discover private files so you can see which files need adding. Any solution files or built data you would put in separate folders which aren't under source control and thus aren't detected by Plastic. This approach prevents you from forgetting to add files, i.e it'll build for you locally but not for others.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I like to have my branches ordered bottom-up as they are closest to release. So my issue branches are below the trunk which is below release candidates and hotfix branches.

I do this manually right now. So I have two lines für release/hotfix branches then the trunk and then everything else.
    This is fine as long as there are only 2 branches in the upper two lines. But sometimes there are more (especially when 'older' branches are updated with new data. Then they overlap.

My suggestion:
    Add a weight property to branches (maybe via conditional rules) and order the branches…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new "multi-screen diff" in Plastic 6.0 is excellent. It was introduced in 6.0.16.884; if you have the Plastic SCM main window open on part of your screen, and open one diff window on another part of your screen, then the diff window's contents will change when you move around in the Branch Explorer.

(Slightly related uservoice: https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/15615156-show-diffs-in-branch-explorer-and-changesets-views )

However, this has a few flaws related to cases where you don't want the "Diff changeset" window to change. To stop the Diff from updating when you click a changeset, you need more than one Diff window open. This is OK…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice to set comments in added files.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Using a dark theme with the linux build ends up with some pretty glaring white backdrops to things and lots of unreadable text.

It seems Plastic isn't using the supplied gtk theme colours, but instead has hardcoded colours for certain things.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the Changesets view, have a split view, that shows the filenames of the files in that change set.

The view could be just like you use in the Pending Changes view, where the split is resizable, with the top half showing change sets, and the bottom showing the files in the changeset currently selected. That way you can quickly arrow up/down through the change sets and see the files instantly in that set.

If you want to get to the diffing tool, you still need to double click the changeset. This is only about showing the files in the…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Branch Explorer "Options" sidebar has its "tabs" in a vertical layout, which works better when there are several tabs. Other sidebars (in the Branches and Changesets views) use horizontal tabs instead. It would make sense to unify these so the same type of sidebar component is used in all these places.

Additionally, I think the "View History" view should have a sidebar as well...

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When modify one item, mark parent directory modified.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I currently have a login for downloading Plastic SCM. I have another login for the community forum, and I have a third login for this site.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Window sizes for these windows are remembered the next time you open them, but adjusted heights of the splitter panes (comment, changes, diff) are not.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm actually not too sure how this works but it seems like there's an opportunity to provide in-context change history info via CodeLens. I see it with Git changes and it works pretty cool - see attached screenshots.

ref: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=320331

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, finding a branch by namespace is not possible. Even worse, [find branch where name = 'main'] returns 1 branch, but [find branch where name = '/main'] returns none!

Please add full namespace support so we can find branches by complete name, such as [find branch where name = '/main/task001/subtask_1'].

This request originates from the following forum post:

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2003-add-an-attribute-to-a-newly-created-branch-changeset/

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Branch Explorer, the alternating date-background color can be changed via a variable in a .conf file, but none of the other color schemes.

There is also the Themes feature in Preferences, but those seem to leave the Branch Explorer unaltered (even leaving it light for the dark themes)!

What we do have is the ability to color branches by attribute (conditional format) and to color changesets by user/replication-source. (But sadly, the color by replication source feature is currently broken.)

My request is to expose all the border, fill, background, selection and font colors to the user, either via .conf…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, the Plastic SCM installer provides an option to include plugins for various IDEs as well as Office.

The Office Plugin support is provided for 2003, 2007, and 2010. Noting that the year is 2016, and that two releases of Office have occurred since then, the plugin should be updated to work with the latest versions.

Additionally, the Office Plugin doesn't have quite the same "polish" and "style" that the rest of Plastic has when running on Windows, so it could use some touching up.

Finally, if this isn't a priority - and since it really exists to integrate with…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, to use a different repository server, you have to run the configuration wizard multiple times.

It would be much more convenient to be able to open the Plastic SCM tool and click "add new server..." or "select repositories from server..." so that the user can choose where to get a list of repositories (projects) to work with - and start creating workspaces to pull the project down to.

The following is a scenario I ran into:
    1) I created a local plastic server to replace my personal CVS server for projects that I work on at home. Using the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sometimes i type comment for a checkin but then discover some issues in the list of files that force me to close the dialog (loosing the already typed comments).

The current woraround is to open notepad and copy the comment into it for later use. But that is rather clumsy.

So request is that when you close the commit dialog without commit the typed comment is added to the dropdown list of previous comments (or is just restored when the dialog is re-opened for the same workspace).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When undoing pending changes on a very large (binary) file or a large number of files, the operation can take a considerable amount of time, especially if connecting directly to the repo server over Internet.

It seems the original file contents are re-downloaded, but that is not directly obvious so a progress indicator (just as for update/switch) would be helpful here. Otherwise one may think that the process has stopped working...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save revision as freezes the entire Plastic SCM client while it downloads the file from the server and saves it on disk. This unacceptable, especially for big files.

Progress bars must be added to Merging / Save revision as windows so users can see, well, the progress of the operation, and not wonder did it get stuck or something. Especially for people with slow internet connections.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Similar to the request to group workspaces and repositories (https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2772036-group-workspaces-and-repositories) but not quite the same.

Using submodules to group repos limits you to a single classification of a repository. Ideally you are able to tag a repository with several keywords like you do on a forum or an article. This would allow us to tag a repository with 'real-time control' or 'imaging algorithm' but also tag it with a product name that uses it or the programming language that it is written in.
    This would necessitate a new repository view in the client where instead of a list…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?