Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. The diff tool lists the changesets being compared at the top. The tooltip for this text is the same as the text itself, it would be more useful if the tooltip included the comment.

This would be particularly useful when working with xlinks and the changeset numbers here and in history don't correspond to those in branch explorer (different repos).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to have an option in the branch context menu in the Branch Explorer view to hide a branch faster.

If I want to hide a newly created branch that I don't want to see, I have to switch to visibility mode first, search the same branch again and double click it. This could be fastened up by adding a 'Hide branch' option to the context menu of all branches in the Branch Explorer view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd like to be able to split existing changesets, similar to what is possible with 'git rebase'.
    Mostly this is useful for preparation for cherry-picking some functionality that is needed on more than one branch.
    I'm not suggesting that you necessarily inflict something as complexed as 'git rebase' in plastic.

Instead it might take the form of:

A. Do a subtractive merge of the commit I want to split. Allow me to then re-merge the subtractively merged commit, without generating any merge links, over the current changeset (or maybe invent some kind of new merge link that visually indicates this…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to be able to search database files for their contents, and accross history.

I am picturing a use case where a user would like to download the last changeset before a particular piece of source code was deleted, for instance. The user could search the repository for files containing that particular text, and the server would return the file names, and perhaps the first and last changesets where the text still appeared in the file.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The date column of the items tree is the local modified time of the file in my workspace. It would be much more useful to list the time the changeset that contains it was created. eg. how do I find the most recently modified files in a directory? Similarly a 'cm ls -lrt' equivalent would be useful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is it possible to specify the name of the workspace that is created for a build configuration when using Plastic 5.x with TeamCity 8.x? Currently a workspace is dynamically created with the name tc### where the number actually correlates to the primary key of the vcsroot_instance stored in the TeamCity configuration. What this means is that every time we update the parameter for the build configuration that contains the name of the Plastic branch we wish to use, Plastic tries to create a new workspace. This is a problem because the same folder is being used and already…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be useful to add the various 'Show selected branches ... in diagram' from the 'Branch Explorer' tab as a context menu to the table of branches on the 'Branches' tab.

It can be hard to find the branches of interest in the explorer, but the filter for the table view makes this much easier. The table already helpfully maintains your current selections when you change its filter, so it is easy to build up the group you want.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, the listlocks command doesn't use what's configured in the lock.conf, making it confusing when using an external lock server. See this thread for more info : http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2064-exclusive-checkout-in-dvcs-configuration/#entry13367.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently the tool-tip shows the workspace path. All my workspaces are in a common directory so this isn't very useful to me. Knowing what branch it selects before switching to it would be.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be really handy to be abble to manage groups of tabs like in some "projects groups".
    It would allow on left navigation panel to create/select "groups" and it would display a set of tabs (like last openned in this group).

We are managing tens of projects and have often several repo for each. At this time we're only abble to see first character of each tab name and have to scroll most of the time.

At least several rows of tabs would be a first step of improvement :)

Jean-Luc REY

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Image List to the workspace tab control using the images from the actions to indicate the function.

On Branch Explorer tabs then show just the repo information text vs "Branch Explorer for repository..."

Given Xlinks in a project I may have 3 or 4 Branch Explorers open at a time and the tabs all say "Branch Exporer f..."

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Whenever you try to delete a repository, workspace, an attribute etc., you have to confirm that operation. But the confimation message box does not tell you what you are actually deleting. At that point I always click "No" to abort the operation, make sure I really selected an appropriate item and then attempt deletion once again.

It would be better if that kind of messages named the object being deleted. The infomation like "Deleting 1 object(s)" causes a risk of deleting something else than the user really expects.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. What do you think about adding an option to display branch owner next to each branch*? It would give us an overwiew of which people are working on a given project at a given moment. In our company the branch owner is almost in all cases the person that performs the task associated with the branch.

• I know the information is available in branch properties, but the thing is that we need a more general view without having to select branch to see its owner.
    4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I just checked out the latest feature: showing merge information in branch diff. Very nice ;)
    One little improvement would be a “collapse all” button, as my branch is kind of old and shows a lot of merges.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. If a pending merge results in no actual file changes, it doesn't seem possible to back out of the merge if it's not the desired result: the merge link can't be undone without at least one change to a file in the pending merge.

I got into this situation doing a sophisticated merge; a directory in the source branch had been deleted, but a new file has been added on the source branch in that directory that I wanted to merge over into a different location on the target branch.

I chose the merge conflict resolution of preserving the delete…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to have the ability to compare the current workspace, including pending changes, against a custom checkin. This is useful if I need to revert specific changes made in a branch back to mainline, and I want to see if the reversions I've made have been effective before checking in the code.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi,

Since the latest release it's possible to close the tabs in the caption area.

Great feature but I would like one more enhancement, a non closeable tab (preferably the first tab on the right) that contains non workspace related subtabs like Your Workspaces, Your Repositories Rss Notification and Sync replication (not sure about Shelves).

This way the workspace related tabs stay cleaner (and smaller).

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is no context menu available for changed files in the 'Checking pending changes' window. However, there is a similar view in the 'Pending changes' tab of PlasticSCM's main window and a context menu is available there.

The thing is that the context menu enables you to view changes using a diff tool you prefer (the one set in application preferences). In the window mentioned in the topic there is no such menu at all and you can view changes only using the diff tool embedded inside that window.

Most of us in our company are used to WinMerge and…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In branch explorer there is a 'goto parent changeset' context menu. A similar one for children, possibly listing multiple branches, would be useful. Navigation is quite difficult in this direction.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sometimes i type comment for a checkin but then discover some issues in the list of files that force me to close the dialog (loosing the already typed comments).

The current woraround is to open notepad and copy the comment into it for later use. But that is rather clumsy.

So request is that when you close the commit dialog without commit the typed comment is added to the dropdown list of previous comments (or is just restored when the dialog is re-opened for the same workspace).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?