Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. When opening Annotate from the code editor in Visual Studio, pre-select the annotated line that corresponds to the cursor position in the code editor (and scroll it into view).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Switching to a changeset is something you rarely do, compared to switching to a branch which is a very common operation. It would therefore be very convenient to have the latter command available even when a changeset is selected (in the Branch Explorer).

When switching to a changeset, the workspace is pinned to that changeset and can not be updated. This was confusing for us when we had just migrated to Plastic, and we still have users doing the mistake of switching to a changeset instead of a branch. I think having both variants of the Switch command available when…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, in the Workspaces overview, you only have columns for "Name", "Path" and "Repository". It would be nice to have another column "Current Branch".

This would make it easier to identify the correct workspace for a certain branch when having multiple workspaces with varying branches.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like the branch graphics in the Branch Explorer to be shrunk but keep the text the same size.

I use the Branch explorer all the time. I need to be able to read the branch labels and date headers, but at the same time be able to see a decent amount of history.

Press (-) button until display stops changing. Then press (+) button twice. Graphics size at this level is good, but the text is unreadable. Press the (+) button one more time. Now the text is readable but the graphics are spread apart too far.

I…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The "Cherry pick from changeset interval" is a bit confusing to me.

For example:
    I want to cherry pick from changesets cs10 to cs15.
    So, I intuitively select cs10 and cs15 and do a cherry pick interval merge. But then, I notice, that there is no cs10 involved. The merge begins at cs11 and not cs10.
    So, when I want cs10 included, I have to select cs9. But that is very unintuitive to me.

It get's even worse, when I click on the merge arrow afterwards and it shows me "Changeset interval (9 - 15)".
    That's wrong, because there is…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When "Checkin changes to different branch" it would be nice if you could explore all jira task, instead of having to type the correct name.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to be able to get the custom Open With functionality from Plastic GUI over to Gluon. The ability to be able to define custom 'Open With' targets would be indispensable for our work.

For example, Autodesk Maya's versions are frustratingly difficult to configure with Windows 10 (only one option appears in the Default Apps settings), and this configures ALL Maya files to open with that one version.
    We require the ability to be flexible and open files with different versions of Maya for different projects (based on when that project kicked off, therefore maintaining project compatibility).…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add localization support to Plastic SCM / Documentation for Japanese, Chinese and Korean.

If possible, also translate your website into the above mentioned languages.

Game dev companies in Asia use Perforce. If you translate your product and site, they may see a reason to switch.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like to be able to have the option to display deleted files in the "Explore workspace" tab in Gluon.

This would greatly simplify viewing the changeset history of deleted files by supporting the same details panel workflow that is currently used for non-deleted files.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now if one user performs a checkout on a file there is no way for other users to see that without attempting to checkout the same file.

This primarily matters for files set to exclusive checkout, as files are not locked from local changes. If each file's checkout state was visible in the client automatically, fewer mistakes would occur where changes need to be undone or moved to a new file

The attached photo is the only feedback from the client on file checkout state currently

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. (The following text is specifically about read-only xlinks. I am not sure if it applies to writable xlinks as wel.)

When I use Plastic, I expect that the contents of an xlinked folder in my workspace is updated at the same time that the xlink itself is updated. Plastic currently requires me to perform a workspace update to download the changes. Me - and everyone else on my team - find this behaviour counterintuitive. I would like to see the following changes in behaviour:

1. When I create or modify an xlink, I would like that Plastic update the xlinked folder…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It's easy to forget to merge a branch after a code-review is completed.
    Change the colour-coding:
    - Blue: Review requested
    - Red: Rework requested
    - Yellow: Reviewed
    - Green: Merged

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The customextensions.conf can only be configured clientside while such extensions are often to be applied accross entire teams/companies.
    Making it available trough the global config would take away the burden of manually updating each users client file.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We'd like to be able to set a default branch without setting up triggers.

The main purpose would be to have all users default to a specific branch, so that inexperienced users don't have to manually select it. We realized this can be done through an after-mkworkspace trigger, but this would not solve the other issue (below).

For our use case, we do not have any files in /main so when looking at the repositories, it says the repository is empty which is not accurate. /main is empty, however we have other branches with data. This could be confusing for…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Image List to the workspace tab control using the images from the actions to indicate the function.

On Branch Explorer tabs then show just the repo information text vs "Branch Explorer for repository..."

Given Xlinks in a project I may have 3 or 4 Branch Explorers open at a time and the tabs all say "Branch Exporer f..."

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, the listlocks command doesn't use what's configured in the lock.conf, making it confusing when using an external lock server. See this thread for more info : http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2064-exclusive-checkout-in-dvcs-configuration/#entry13367.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to be able to search database files for their contents, and accross history.

I am picturing a use case where a user would like to download the last changeset before a particular piece of source code was deleted, for instance. The user could search the repository for files containing that particular text, and the server would return the file names, and perhaps the first and last changesets where the text still appeared in the file.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The diff tool lists the changesets being compared at the top. The tooltip for this text is the same as the text itself, it would be more useful if the tooltip included the comment.

This would be particularly useful when working with xlinks and the changeset numbers here and in history don't correspond to those in branch explorer (different repos).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love the ability to select a new button "auto comment" from Checkin Comments drop-down on the Checkin UI that would use the the semantic code engine to generate comment lines like the following:

-added update methods to InquiryRepository
    -added Username parameter to SetReferralDelivered() in ReferralService
    -deleted class MyFakeClass
    -created new enumeration MyFakeEnum

this would be the basis of every checkin comment and then the developer could add to it with specifics or just modify the text to be more explicit or supply reasoning or whatever.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. XCode has a nice feature during comparing files.

It lets you change the one on the right side (so the one from version control with a slider),

The effect is that you can easily find the spot in time where something has changed. Such feature would need the positions in both files to remain stable (so not jump to the top).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?