Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Problem:
    I'm on /main and would like to know when the change of a specific piece of code has entered /main. Annotate just tells me when and where this change happened first, but it's close to impossible to track the merge path through branch explorer or revision tree.

What would really help:
    Just annotate on /main (or any other branch, should'nt make any difference) and tell me the /main changesets at which certain lines entered the game.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Really love the progress bar when you switch changesets want to see it in more places, especially the merge from changeset screen, hard to know when my 10GB of assets that I'm merging from are finished downloading until the merge window's start popping up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently the "virtual changeset", marked by a dashed circle around your home, will only appear if you have checked out items. However, if you use the "no-checkout"-workflow, you can have changed items that are not checked out, which are pending changes that prevent you from switching branches and so on.
    But the Branch Explorer currently does not show this to you, suggesting that everything is "clean", i.e. you do not have any Pending Changes.

IMHO, there is no reason to distinguish between "checked out" and "changed" items here, the Branch Explorer should show the dashed marker if you have either.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. First: I'm no expert on this, but this is how I understand it.

Debuggers (WinDbg and VS) on Windows use Symbol Servers for getting the correct .pdb file and Source Servers to get the correct source code while debugging a minidump. This enables debugging of code that you currently don't have in your workspace.

While Plastic SCM has no contact with Symbol Servers, it should have with Source Servers.
    You may read about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/source-server-and-source-indexing

In short:
    Debuggers will ask the Symbol Server for the debugging symbols and then the Source Server for the source files.
    To make this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Extend the Toggle, Goto Next/Prev and Clear Bookmarks functionality from the Branch Explorer to the Changesets view (and possibly the Branches view) as well. The set of bookmarks should be shared between all the views and filtered accordingly...

For this to be really useful we first need to get this other uservoice fixed:

https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/13217832-persist-branch-explorer-bookmarks-between-sessions

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The internal source code viewer is used for displaying diffs only. Add an option to always use it instead of the "Open" / "Open with" to open a single file.

Why:
    — when browsing a changeset, displaying files that only exist in the source xor destination gives the user a totally different UX than the when a diff is displayed
    — when double-clicking on a file in the "browse repository" view, a heavy-weight application such as Visual Studio is launched, instead of a quick and easy text file viewer.

In both cases it is slow and impractical.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When renaming a repository, workspaces created from this repository break. It would be handy if they would automatically retarget to the new name.
    Additionally, renaming a repository will also break with trigger filters, it would also be handy if they would automatically retarget :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. And SSO with Crowd in the webUI.
    Or at least a way to write our own authentication plugins.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you sync and pull a branch from the repository from the cloud, you have to manually open the Workspace Explorer and then press Update Workspace button to update the files to the newest changeset. Our productivity would improve if the workspace files would be updated immediately upon sync and pull.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently we were unable to move many of our repo to plastic because they all uses LFS.
    We could, by copying files from git "workspace" directly into the checkout workspace, overwrite those pointer files, do a checkin and get thoses files info plastic's repo.
    But that will break many of our parterner's workflow, since they still uses git, and we obviously can't force them all to use plastic.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If everything goes well, and my push of changes to the cloud server doens't have any issues, the "Replication synchronization" window should close itself. It's annoying to have to click "Close" every time I push

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Git Sync is currently hardcoded to work over SSH. Please support using a local file path to sync with bare, local repositories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A checkbox similar to the one in Gluon that allows you to keep the files locked during checkin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently our team is using Plastic Cloud since we have a mix of in-office and remote workers. But as our project grows larger the update / branch switching time grows.

We would like to have an internal office copy of the repository that frequently syncs with the cloud copy but then our external team would be pointing to a different repository which breaks the file locks which are half the reason we are using Plastic over other source control solutions.

We could have our external team VPN into our local network but our local bandwidth is not the most ideal…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I diff two changesets from different branches in Branch Explorer. Most of the time, the list of files includes entries that show NO MODIFICATION when selected. That is simply ANNOYING. If there is a use case where the list of files that received identical modifications is desired, PLEASE MAKE THIS AN OPTION rather than spamming the list by default.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We use an email service to send users a message when a changeset is labeled. We use e.g. "D" as Discarded, for labeling this changeset as bad.
    Currently you can't get the owner of the labeled changeset from the environment variable in the after-mklabel trigger. Also you can't get the id of the changeset.
    Workaround would be, to use a cm find label with the given label name and repository to fand the label and the changeset id to get the owner of the changeset. I don't know why but this is currently not working inside of our trigger logic.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I use a local repo, i should to download all branch-related data locally. Then i don't need it anymore (for example, it is rejected branch or we totally switch to the new parallel branch, or something else). But I have no ability to locally remove them. I fully understand that deleting branches from repo could cause troubles for whole tree, but what if i remove only local copy of that changesets/branches?

Of course I can locally remove all changesets and then whole branch, but it is such uncomfortable and if later i will want to switch back - it…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If you have a file in your Checkin changes tab that is Changed but not checked out, you currently have to switch to the Explore workspace tab and navigate to the file, then check it out.

I would like to be able to bring up the context menu for the file under the Checkin changes tab and choose Check out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?