Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Here's a quick one:
    In Diff / Merge view, the "Options - Editor Options - Tabs" submenu contains only 2 options: "4 spaces" and "8 spaces".

At work, we consistently use 2 spaces. Therefore, please add a third option: "2 spaces". Or simply add all the possible choices from 1-10 or such...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently you have to specify each repository you that you want cm find to look at. Unfortunately if you have a lot of repositories this takes a lot of typing (we have 100+). It would be nice if you could use an identifier to tell cm find to look at all repositories. For example: cm find changesets where owner='sbaum' on repositories '*'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Right now the semantic outline only allows you to navigate to a difference, and selects it in the diff view.

If I want to launch a separate window to view the differences I have to go to the diff window and click on the little "C" icon to pop up a view of the difference.

I would like to be able to launch this directly from the outline by double-clicking, Ctrl+Click, or right-click -> context menu.

This should be a simple improvement but will make using the semantic outline much more natural

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When viewing conflicts in the mergetool, there are two navigation "widgets" in the toolbar at the top of the window. The first one is for navigating the "Pending to solve" conflicts and the second one is for the full set of conflicts. Both of these navigators consist of arrow buttons for stepping back and forth, plus a couple of numbers to indicate which conflict we are looking at. (It is also possible to navigate the conflicts by simply clicking in a conflict block in the text panels, this updates the number indicating which conflict we're looking at.

Now, there are…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. VS has the built-in behaviour of changing the colour bar (just to the left of the code) that tracks the change status of the code (yellow for unsaved code modification, green for code changed and saved this session).

It would be nice to override/change this behavior, so that code lines with pending changes are marked. If the mouse hover over the color bar the original code lines are displayed in a pop-up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It happens quite often that one locks himself out of the server. This can happen if an invalid user becomes server owner and/or some deny-settings are set inappropriately. It happened serveral times to me and I've also seen this several times in the forum. The provided solution is to reset ACL settings in the database with all its disadvantages.
    Another scenario is changing the authorization mode. We want to switch to Active Directory soon. In this case, all users in the ACL become invalid since they are unknown to the server. In order to maintain access to the server I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a file is edited in "diffs view" of "Pending changes" tab, the encoding is changed from "Western Europe (Windows) - Codepage 1252" (Shown is encoding: None) to Unicode (UTF-8) - 65001. This change is not shown automatically. So special characters will be lost after checkin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Atomic nature of Plastic is really frustrating for Artists and general users who just want to share files.

To work around this restriction can you add an option that will "touch" selected files and then they can be submitted to a single changelist in your branch and then pushed, pulled easily to/from other branches.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When the expansion rule has already been created and the dialog has already been shown, or when the Xlink is read-only, this dialog becomes an unnecessary nuisance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You can currently drag and drop files from your pending changes into a folder which is really handy when you've really stuffed up and can't shelve your changes (like deleting a changeset that you have currently selected).

But it also be nice to drag and drop files into the workspace so I can utilise the awesome search feature and replace the files I just stuffed up in the above example.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to call the plastic.exe with --pending_changes to load up the pending changes UI (the same one used in windows shell extension). this will enable some easy integrations with other IDEs like VSCode and others that allow mapping a shortcut key to a command.

I'd expect to map a command in VS Code to the command "plastic.exe --pending_changes --workspace "e:\projects\my-vscode-project" and it would show me everything changed within that wrkspace and allow me to check the changes in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. {4} = IssueID from issue tracker integration..

This further enables the previous request to add Branch Name as an option... for the same purpose, CI servers that can integrate with issue management system.

https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/6821986-to-extend-the-custom-comments-auto-text

My issue tracker branches are prefixed like "yt_TICKET-2" and that won't match on my CI server as it expects issue id "TICKET-2" instead..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In a DevOps environment developers want to have automated tests run on each checkin.
    To trigger the test runs we can use after-checkin triggers, that's great!
    Developers will then get feedback on the changes they made.
    This is via mail right now.
    But the test results will be needed by other developers, too.
    So the results should be placed inside plastic scm connected to the changeset.
    This is a additional (optional) request: It would be nice if it was possible to add test reports in HTML format to each changeset and to be able to view them inside plastic scm.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If you ignore a directory tree, unignore a file within that tree, Plastic will allow you to add and checkin the unignored file, but not any of the folders in-between it and the root of the ignored tree. This results in the file not being downloaded/checked-out by others.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. RIght now, !/foo and !/foo/** do exactly the same thing. It would give developers an extra degree of control if !/foo alone, or !/foo/, caused the directory entry foo to be unignored without unignoring its contents.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fist of all, thank you for this great tool!

When I browse through the Commit History and select a .cs file, then select Semantic diff, and then switch the commit, then depending on the file type that is selected gmaster falls back to Text diff. This is correct behavior I guess, but when I switch to the next commit and it is a .cs file again I would have expected that I get the Semantic diff again, but instead I am in text diff mode and have to switch manually.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you launch the Plastic installer when an application is running which needs to be closed, you are presented with a list of the applications which need to be closed, and three buttons:
    Refresh List - Continue - Cancel
    ... where Continue is grayed out ...

In order to proceed from that point onward, the user needs to first close the applications, then click on Refresh List, then click on Continue.

You could simplify this by combining the "Refresh List" and "Continue" operations into a single "Refresh" operation:

Remove the "Refresh List" button. Replace the "Continue" button with a "Refresh"…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When viewing the list of code reviews on the code review screen it would be great to have some indication that comments have been added to a review without having to open the review.

An extra column with an icon would work pretty well but also if each review in the list could be clicked on to expand showing a nested grid with a preview of the first 3 comments that would be helpful too...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I choose "Mount this changeset in Plastic Drive", I get a long and confusing text message because I do not yet have dokan.dll installed. The text message contains a long URL with the download location.

Even if you are not going to make the installation process automatic, you could still reduce friction by making the download URL clickable. This makes the URL stand out from the rest of the text, and makes 'the right choice' easier.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?