Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. When selecting two changesets on two different branches and choosing "Diff selected changesets", the resulting Changeset Diff view can contain identical files (files that do not differ at all between the two changesets). This could happen if the same change has been applied to a file on both branches, without a merge.

In this case I suggest that the identical files be hidden from the Diff view. The whole point of a Diff is to see the files that differ, not the ones that don't.

(NOTE: In my case, I had loads of identical files due to an import from…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It will be useful to have possibility to shelve changes made in "main" repository even if some of files which are changed are located in repository connected by read only xlink. Now shelve is treated in the same way as checkin and it is not allowed to do such operation

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In a distributed development environment (a central server with the 'good' set of source), when you use Replication to Pull a branch you can identify the source repository in the before-replicationwrite trigger from the PLASTICREPLICATIONSOURCE environment variable and the target repository from the PLASTICBRANCH environment variable. In this way you can check that the repositories match and you aren't corrupting your local repository with branches from another repository.
    However, when you Push a branch, there is no way for the before -replicationread trigger to check you aren't corrupting the central repository by matching you local repository name

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a plastic scm server plugin for Synology NAS to allow the server to be easily hosted on a NAS drive.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Extend the Toggle, Goto Next/Prev and Clear Bookmarks functionality from the Branch Explorer to the Changesets view (and possibly the Branches view) as well. The set of bookmarks should be shared between all the views and filtered accordingly...

For this to be really useful we first need to get this other uservoice fixed:

https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/13217832-persist-branch-explorer-bookmarks-between-sessions

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Here's a quick one:
    In Diff / Merge view, the "Options - Editor Options - Tabs" submenu contains only 2 options: "4 spaces" and "8 spaces".

At work, we consistently use 2 spaces. Therefore, please add a third option: "2 spaces". Or simply add all the possible choices from 1-10 or such...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. http://<server>:7178/webui/repos

The list of repositories is shown in creation order (or perhaps by repository ID)
    If you have more than a handful of or repositories, this is a pain, especially since the most used ones are likely to be the more recently created ones, and thus at the bottom of the list.

Note that in Plastic GUI the Repositories view, Select workspace dropdown & dialog; and for that matter "Open workspace" dialog lists in alphabetical order. as they should. The web should be the same.

This should be a near-trivial change with immediate benefit. Even better

• Changeable order (by clicking…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently the "virtual changeset", marked by a dashed circle around your home, will only appear if you have checked out items. However, if you use the "no-checkout"-workflow, you can have changed items that are not checked out, which are pending changes that prevent you from switching branches and so on.
    But the Branch Explorer currently does not show this to you, suggesting that everything is "clean", i.e. you do not have any Pending Changes.

IMHO, there is no reason to distinguish between "checked out" and "changed" items here, the Branch Explorer should show the dashed marker if you have either.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As mentioned in the following links, the changeset / branch Diff view from the Plastic GUI can be automatically opened to show a specified changeset or branch. This can be done either via command line / script or (on Windows) by a URL containing a special "Plastic://" protocol:

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/3061-updated-plastic-urls-to-launch-diff-windows/

http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2012/11/plastic-scm-4110372-release-is-out.html

This is very handy for automation etc. However, I'd like to see more views available via command line and URL args - Branch Explorer, 2D History, Items, Annotate etc...

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using the repository browser on specific changeset/branch, give ability to download a single folder from that view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice if there would be a hotkey for going to the home changeset in the branch explorer.

We use this feature very often and after the button was removed from the top bar, it would now be easyer to this with a hotkey instead of the "floating" menu in the branch explorer.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Taking some ideas from TortoiseBlame:

• When right-clicking a changeset/line, add a choice "Annotate previous changeset" (this is so you can trace the earlier history of the line you're interested in).

• When right-clicking a line and choosing "Diff contents of branch/changeset ...", the file that you are currently annotating should be pre-selected in the Comparison window that appears.

• Use a tooltip box to display log message (and branch, date etc) when hovering the mouse pointer over a changeset/line.

• Remove the horizontal color gradient. While a nice effect, it distracts from the per-date/author color gradient.

• Add automatic coloring of changeset text to…

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. First: I'm no expert on this, but this is how I understand it.

Debuggers (WinDbg and VS) on Windows use Symbol Servers for getting the correct .pdb file and Source Servers to get the correct source code while debugging a minidump. This enables debugging of code that you currently don't have in your workspace.

While Plastic SCM has no contact with Symbol Servers, it should have with Source Servers.
    You may read about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/source-server-and-source-indexing

In short:
    Debuggers will ask the Symbol Server for the debugging symbols and then the Source Server for the source files.
    To make this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sometimes when looking at a code review making comments against individual lines is not appropriate. The implementer might have got the design/architecture or pattern wrong. It would help to be able to record a comment at a top level against the review to allow an audit trail without having to go through all the line by line comments. For example. Design and implementation ok, no security has been considered and there are weaknesses so needs rework. Minor code comments as recorded, but review abandoned due to high level issues.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When working in the Visual Studio plugin, changed files are always Checked-out when saved. If you re-save a file after restoring it to original contents (by Ctrl+Z or tweak-untweak a value etc), it's still Checked-out and will still appear in Pending Changes with a "Files are identical" Diff. The preference "Compare file contents instead of timestamps when determining Changed status" does not help here as the file is explicitly checked out.

There is an "Undo unchanged" command but it's dangerously close to the "Undo changes" button. It would be nice to have the option to always perform a silent "Undo…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm actually not too sure how this works but it seems like there's an opportunity to provide in-context change history info via CodeLens. I see it with Git changes and it works pretty cool - see attached screenshots.

ref: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=320331

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Integration with Youtrack ???... and I simply hate to sing in and sign out all the time .

I hate that

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd like to see the changeset numbers in branch explorer in the same way they are shown in 2D version tree.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm sure it might be possible if there's a way to signal a unity3d editor script to automatically build when a commit is made to a repo/branch. So imagine me taking a secondary computer and just dedicating it to holding my repository/doing unity builds. I've heard of people doing stuff like this with jenkins, but there's probably a practical reason why unity cloud build is so popular.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Really love the progress bar when you switch changesets want to see it in more places, especially the merge from changeset screen, hard to know when my 10GB of assets that I'm merging from are finished downloading until the merge window's start popping up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?