Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. In Branch Explorer, the alternating date-background color can be changed via a variable in a .conf file, but none of the other color schemes.

There is also the Themes feature in Preferences, but those seem to leave the Branch Explorer unaltered (even leaving it light for the dark themes)!

What we do have is the ability to color branches by attribute (conditional format) and to color changesets by user/replication-source. (But sadly, the color by replication source feature is currently broken.)

My request is to expose all the border, fill, background, selection and font colors to the user, either via .conf…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is a very useful feature for diffs with long lines.

Now that we have matching inside a line, this would be a natural follow up. With this, there would no longer be any need for horizontal scrollbars in diff view.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I like to have my branches ordered bottom-up as they are closest to release. So my issue branches are below the trunk which is below release candidates and hotfix branches.

I do this manually right now. So I have two lines für release/hotfix branches then the trunk and then everything else.
    This is fine as long as there are only 2 branches in the upper two lines. But sometimes there are more (especially when 'older' branches are updated with new data. Then they overlap.

My suggestion:
    Add a weight property to branches (maybe via conditional rules) and order the branches…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The "Cherry pick from changeset interval" is a bit confusing to me.

For example:
    I want to cherry pick from changesets cs10 to cs15.
    So, I intuitively select cs10 and cs15 and do a cherry pick interval merge. But then, I notice, that there is no cs10 involved. The merge begins at cs11 and not cs10.
    So, when I want cs10 included, I have to select cs9. But that is very unintuitive to me.

It get's even worse, when I click on the merge arrow afterwards and it shows me "Changeset interval (9 - 15)".
    That's wrong, because there is…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option for the built-in diff window to show only a few (maybe configurable) unchanged lines around each changed line.

We have some multi-metabyte files with many thousands of lines and sometimes a few lines change and it is hard to scroll or click move around with such a large file. The buttons "to to next/previous change" are useful, but it is a lot more messy to actually see the diff.

See the attached file for a comparison with Araxis merge for an example.

In Araxis, we can see more information on the same screen.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. (this is different to the existing idea 'Add git like staging').

A thing I do in git all the time is use git-gui to select individual blocks and lines to stage and commit. For example I might fix two separate issues in the same file at the same time but want these committed separately.

Plastic currently only allows committing the whole of a file at a time but I would find the git-like behaviour VERY useful.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Plastic Cloud is nice but it is today a cloud-hosted service that does not communicate with any other cloud-hosted services. I would like to see that it is possible to hook other services up directly to Plastic Cloud repos.

The most straight-forward way to do this would probably be to provide a GitSync solution -- it would immediately allow Unity Cloud Build, Slack and many other integrations to work without additional work on your part. If there are difficulties when creating a two-way GitSync solution for Plastic Cloud then a read-only Git API would enable most integrations to function.

In…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Possiblity to change the Status of a code review directly in the Code Review Window. After all files are viewed one of two buttons (Discarded and Approved) can be clicked.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've read your posting about undoing merges:
    http://blog.plasticscm.com/2014/07/how-to-undo-merge.html

The problem of the solution provided there is that the removal of the integration does not remove the merge link. Furthermore the subtractive merge is not tracked. That is, the changes introduced into the branch "Release500" (CS 180) is like if a developer has manually removed the bugfix.
    Suppose the finalization of issue32 has not made it into Release
    500. Instead, it has been integrated directly into /main after the release. At the moment you integrate Feature500 into /main you remove the fix again, maybe without noticing.
    What we need

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would you consider adding an option to check in only selected changes in a file? I once saw such option in SourceTree. At first I thought it was useless, but sometimes I actually need to check a file in without certain changes made in it.

I think you could add the feature to the diff viewer in Pending Changes. Each modified line could have a check box next to it, checked by default. What do you think?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Imagine the following scenario:

A repo with a XLink with a main branch and a child branch. Both branches have the same XLink.

Now the following occurs:

1) XLink is changed in both main branch and child branch
    2) You do a merge from main to child branch

You'll get a conflict (which is expected). However, the "Source" and "Destination" values aren't very human readable in the GUI. I'm assuming they're the GUID's of the changeset or something similar.

Could you make it more human readable? Displaying the associated changeset, branch etc?

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I know this goes against the branch per task ideology, but sometimes people work on a bunch of stuff in a branch and then merge a larger chunk of work, e.g. a bunch of helper functions etc.

It would be nice if there was a way in the GUI to automatically gather all checkin comments since last merge / branch creation into the merge comment. I could then edit this comment before merging.

So for example if I make checkins "fix foo" and "fix bar", my merge comment would be "fix foo\nfix bar".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Similar to "make active workspace" in workspaces, there should be a keyboard shortcut for switching branches.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, in the Workspaces overview, you only have columns for "Name", "Path" and "Repository". It would be nice to have another column "Current Branch".

This would make it easier to identify the correct workspace for a certain branch when having multiple workspaces with varying branches.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This happens all the time. You do some modifications, hit checkin, get told you need to merge beforehand, you do that and it's all automatic and nice and then you hit checkin again and notice the comments are gone.

The comments are of course in the history, but I have had to edit them exactly 0 times after the merge. Would be a nicer user experience if the comment was kept there by default (or at least have an option for doing so).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you sync and pull a branch from the repository from the cloud, you have to manually open the Workspace Explorer and then press Update Workspace button to update the files to the newest changeset. Our productivity would improve if the workspace files would be updated immediately upon sync and pull.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. And SSO with Crowd in the webUI.
    Or at least a way to write our own authentication plugins.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The internal source code viewer is used for displaying diffs only. Add an option to always use it instead of the "Open" / "Open with" to open a single file.

Why:
    — when browsing a changeset, displaying files that only exist in the source xor destination gives the user a totally different UX than the when a diff is displayed
    — when double-clicking on a file in the "browse repository" view, a heavy-weight application such as Visual Studio is launched, instead of a quick and easy text file viewer.

In both cases it is slow and impractical.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, finding a branch by namespace is not possible. Even worse, [find branch where name = 'main'] returns 1 branch, but [find branch where name = '/main'] returns none!

Please add full namespace support so we can find branches by complete name, such as [find branch where name = '/main/task001/subtask_1'].

This request originates from the following forum post:

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2003-add-an-attribute-to-a-newly-created-branch-changeset/

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?