Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. VS 2022 is officially released now, so plastic scm should provide an extension, just like VS 2019.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Artists may find it easier to navigate.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently the Custom options for "Open With ..." only work in the Workspace Explorer view. If I am performing a code review or changeset diff and there are new binary files in that changeset, then "External Diff" does not work (as there are no previous versions to diff with), so I'd like to be able to use my custom open on the binary file in order to view it. Note that my custom open requires some command line arguments, so selecting the app to open the file with is not enough.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[New] 9.0.16.4556

Windows – Plastic: use custom applications to open files in Differences and Code review
    In Plastic Preferences you configure custom “Open with…” options which then appear in the context menu for items in the Workspace explorer. We have now added the same options to the context menu in the diff and the Code review windows.

4. Please, code reviews on linux are not available on GTK Client, and WEBUI is subpar compared with the new code reviews system.
    Please, be so kind to implement it as linux users are very limited and forced to install a Windows VM only for plastic :(

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As far as I can tell, the version number of the Gluon client isn't displayed anywhere. I'd expect it to be in Title area where "Plastic gluon" is displayed, as there's no real menu where the About convention could be followed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done! We are happy to announce you can now check the version at the “About” from in Gluon.

[New]
    Gluon for Windows: We added an option menu button in the top right corner that allows you to display the preferences and the about dialogs.

Gluon for Linux: We added a button in the left sidebar that displays the about dialog.

6. It'd be nice to have quick access to the resolved workspace file path from within Gluon (maybe just another field within the file details, under Name for instance)

This would be useful for being able to quickly open or share files - currently the workaround is to 'open in explorer' and copy the path from there.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At least on WIn10 I can't close diff tabs (ctrl-d) using the standard keyboard shortcuts.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[Bug] 7.0.16.2878
    Plastic for Windows: The diff tab couldn’t be closed using the default shortcuts Ctrl+W/Ctrl+F4. Now it’s fixed.

[Bug] 7.0.16.2878
    Plastic for Windows: Using the tab key to navigate controls did not work in the diff viewer when it was embedded in the pending changes view. Now it’s fixed.

8. cm find -? directs the user to https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cmfind/plastic-scm-version-control-query-system-guide.shtml

Unfortunately, that documentation isn't nearly as useful as it could be. It lacks a conclusive list of object types, it lacks a conclusive list of searchable/printable properties, and those that it does list are scattered throughout examples and explanations. We need a simple, no-frills lookup table because we don't know the source code like you do.

cm showfindobjects seems like a step in the right direction, but it's missing object types and properties that are listed in the online documentation.

Trying to figure out something like "given a file path, how do…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It'd be great if ctrl+backspace could delete whole words in the commit message (as implemented in Plastic SCM), rather than unknown character symbol

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We use an email service to send the assignee of a created code review a message.
    Also the creator of the code review gets a message if the review is changed (using the after-editreview trigger). This is also triggered if the assignee adds a comment to the code review, but there is no possibility to get the comment to add it to the email.

So it would be nice to add the comment (if there is any) as variable .

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[New] 7.0.16.2407
    before-editreview and after-editreview triggers: Two new environment variables are available for the before and after editreview triggers regarding the review comments:
    PLASTIC_REVIEW_COMMENT and PLASTIC_REVIEW_COMMENT_ACTION. The first one contains the comment that fired the trigger, and the second one reflects the action on the comment “Created”, “Edited”, or “Deleted”. These variables will be empty if the action that fired the trigger is changing the code review status or the assignee.

11. Whenever there are files that have been touched but actually are identical ("files are identical"), I do not want them listed under pending changes. At least it would help to have the option to "undo changes" on all files that have not changed to make them disappear from the list. Scanning through the list of pending changes is cumbersome if you have to walk through all untouched files with 200-500ms refresh time every time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like for you to add webhooks into plastic scm cloud.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Occasionally I forget to refresh the pending changes view before a Checkin. This is annoying as immediately after the checkin operation then view automatically refreshes, sometimes revealing changes that missed the checkin!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It'd be nice if you could add a couple of extra features to plastic.transformerrules:

• wildcards (for example: rm /data/*.psd
    • space handling: rm "/data/dir with spaces/hugefile.bin"
    • handle missing files (as far as I know it stops the update process now)
    33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If I scroll in the diff view and switch to another application for some reason and if I switch back to the pending changes view then the diff view is also refreshed with the effect I don't see the code anymore that I wanted to see.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please support for Rider VCS plugin. Could be adapted easily from existing IntelliJ plugin to support Rider?

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the branch explorer window, under the options panel, you have the ability to edit existing comments. And while you can right click and choose Select All, the CTRL-A shortcut for doing so does not work. Also with long bulleted lists of comments, not having a scroll bar becomes cumbersome. Perhaps you could add both of these features to the Comment textarea.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The current checkboxes in the regular plastic client are borderline unusable from both a usability and visual feedback perspective.

By contrast, the Gluon client hits the mark with its checkboxes. It has much larger checkbox size that are far easier to click, and checkboxes that are coloured in when checked as opposed to a tiny black tick mark that is practically impossible to see when dealing with a larger changeset (I've lost count now the number of times I've checked in files I didn't intend to include, simply because the client decided to check them automatically and I couldn't tell).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The current TeamCity plugin doesn't support the automatic merge features in TeamCity. Please add this feature!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Many times I find that the most complete, or the ONLY, documentation on some features in Plastic SCM can be found in the release notes. (Example: the "multi-screen diff" feature is mentioned but nowhere explained.)

Additionally, on forums and uservoices etc a specific release note may be mentioned for reference.

Unfortunately, it seems that many of the in-between release notes disappear from the web after a while, or at least they are very hard to find.

With all this in mind, please make it easy to find every Plastic SCM release note ever issued! ;)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16