We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When using for instance compactsql it's very hard to get a list of deleted repositories (so they can be removed).

It would help if you had a cm command that takes a database filename and returns status (attached/detached).

Also re-attaching removed databases is a pain (as you cannot retrieve the name of the repository easily).

Yes I know I should notify the db admin (me too) to deleted the database right away (problem is it's easy to remove a repo but not to get it's associated table name afterwards).

Newer request than my previous:
    http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2775133-keep-info-on-deleted-databases

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I cannot find a download or any action that can be taken in gitsync page other than viewing what gitsync can do. The page is:

https://www.plasticscm.com/gitsync/index.html

Maybe just me that cannot find how to download gitsync?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If you could set the visibility of files/paths in the permissions system to prevent them from being visible (checked out) by users who have been denied that permission.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Apple's XCode has a nice feature I miss in PlasticSCM.

It allows you to merge your current branch into another (for instance /main) and after the merge switch to it.

In PlasticSCM the workflow is switch to /main and merge the other branch into the current (/main) branch.

XCode's added merge into feels a bit more natural if you're in a branch you want to close with a merge.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shared Web hosts like Bluehost have Remote MySQL access but they don't give you access to opening ports like 8088 without giving them more money and upgrading to a business class. Would be nice to have a tool to support having remote databases without having to run PlasticSCM on that server (or at least making it function without requiring port 8088.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have 4 years of history in our Plastic history. We do automated syncing to a git server for CI and analysis. Currently, every git sync goes through every checkin in the Plastic history and compares it to the git history. It would be nice to tell Plastic that the history is mostly sync'd, and to only check the last 30 days of checkins.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to ask for a global configuration in the client for the encoding which diffs should be displayed.

For example, if you set the encoding in the settings to UTF-8, all diffs you display will have UTF-8 selected as default. Perhaps an individual option could be added for the encoding of the left and right diff panes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Most windows server programs will let you set a secondary server option, where you can add a second IP for the backup and if the first one is overloaded or completely down, it will use the backup. This is very helpful as our AD server is not only for plastic, and apparently gets overloaded often, but the backup controls all the overflow. I feel this would not be the most difficult update and would be very helpful for atleast my situation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We are signed up to Atlassian's services like JIRA and Confluence on their cloud. We also use Google Apps for Business. We were hoping to use Google as our central employee/user management place seeing as we can easily login to JIRA etc after linking up the Google accounts. However I found out that Plastic SCM doesn't yet support this integration with Google. I found this frustrating because I created a bunch of tasks for our Unity developers but when they went to submit their work via the Unity Plastic SCM plugin they weren't able to login using the Google-provisioned accounts.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When creating a code review with files that have been merged into the branch it (sometimes) properly categorizes them as CC "Changed in merge source and destination). However, the diff does not show which lines came from the source and which were change in the destination. It would be great to have those separated out for easier code review.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide Baseline DB Scripts with Install Files. I didn't install Firebird and it wasn't installed for me. As a result, there was no original database following a fresh install. The result was that, when I did the backend change to a SQL Server, there were no initialized databases for the dbs repositories and rep_1.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Repository A has an xlink to repository B. Repository B is renamed to C. When downloading the content of repository A to a workspace, there is an error, because the xlink points to a repository B that is no longer accessible under that name, even though it still exists.

I know you rarely change repository name, but it happens. You can of course fix all xlinks after you do that, but you won't fix the history. So if you attempt to download a historical changeset of repo A, you won't get its whole content.

Don't you think it would be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Many companies (mine included) don't store our projects and solutions within source control. There are many reasons for this, but in a nutshell, the VS formats don't play nicely when it comes to large, complex merges. Instead, we use things like Premake and CMake to generate our projects and solutions on developer machines. This is fundamentally incompatible with your VS integrations. Could there possibly be an option to store the information your tool needs in another format?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. What do you think about adding an extra column to the pending changes view, to display file version? When we merge a branch into the main one, we always start the check-in comment with the exe/dll file version. We do that to be able to find historic revisions of our projects based on file version.

And if it isn't too time consuming to implement, such column would also be useful in the file history view.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have some very old branches, which don't fit in our current branching concept. These where created when we first started using plastic scm and didn't know how to structure them.

We do have a very clean structure for our branches - finally. In the "Branches" view all branches are displayed, no date filter is applied by default. We use the tree view, as it supports our branch structure very well. The only problem is: There are these old branches, which destroy the clean look and feel of our sturctur and also confuse some users.

It would be nice to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently (using 5.0.44), settings like "Comparison Method" for whitespace are not respected for more than one Diff session.

This means that if you have a lot of whitespace changes that you want to ignore, you have to keep resetting this option every time you view a new diff (or even close and re-open a diff of the same file)

Settings like these should be automatically applied as defaults when changed (or at least have a "use current settings as defaults" option in that menu).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The conditional format and changeset colours are currently per workspace. It would be nice if all my workspaces were consistent and I didn't need to configure them all manually.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It doesn't seem possible to find the parent revision of an item on the command line. It would be useful if 'cm hst' listed the parent revision of each revision listed.

It would also be useful for the GUI history table to have a similar column.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?