Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. We have two JIRA servers. One for development and one for QA. We would benefit from being able to bind multiple JIRA servers and projects to a single repository.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In rare cases we do check-in dll and exe files. These are thrid-party libs in most of these cases.

The diff view shows only 'Changeset', 'Size', 'Created by' and 'Date modified' for these binary files.

It would be nice if the assembly version would be also displayed.
    This will help compare the binary files and descide with one to check-in or keep while merging.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have scripts that should run to update local content whenever a checkout or update is performed. It's especially important for artists that this happens automatically. However, triggers are not possible in Gluon, because trying to add one to a Gluon workspace results in the error, "Triggers cannot be created in the cloud server".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[New] 7.0.16.2220
    The client update triggers (before & after) were only executed by the standard update operation. Now, they are also triggered by the ‘fast-update’ operation and the Gluon update (GUI & cm partial update).

4. PlasticSCM jenkins plugin doesn't support environment variable related to SCM changes like

CHANGEID
    CHANGE
    AUTHOR

Would be nice if it could do so :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be cool, if you pimp up the PlasticSCM Client, so that it has a modern fresh look.
    The main reason for that suggestion is: On screen resolutions with a DPI higher than 100%, the font becomes really blurry. (on MS Windows)
    Microsoft invented better frameworks to solve that issue (WPF, UWP).

But please, be aware that it should be a mid-term to long-term goal. I know, you could not easily replace the old GUI with a completely new modern GUI. ;-)

The current GUI works good so far, but it looks and feels a bit outdated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please change the "Server:" textbox into a dropdown, containing the most recent servers used, or the server profiles we have setup, or both!

We should not have to enter the full server URL every time we need to switch servers, it becomes really cumbersome! Also, the effort spent on adding server profiles in Preferences is a bit wasted if it's not usable in all places like this one...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reduce the length of the text on the tabs such that it always fits within the shape of the tabs.

In the attached Plastic SCM 6.0 screenshot, you can see tabs with names such as:

"Items in workspace Freed..."
    "Pending changes in works..."
    "Branches from repositorie..."
    "Branch Explorer for re..."
    "Cloud repositories"

If these had shorter names, which exactly matched the button names, I would be able to mentally identify the tabs quicker:

"Items"
    "Pending changes"
    "Branches"
    "Branch Explorer"
    "Cloud Repositories"

The long tooltips with all the details are still useful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sometimes I forget to refresh when I submit my check-in so I end up making two changesets with the same comment.

I'd like the check-in to either prompt me and tell me it's a partial check-in since I don't have everything select

or

it does a refresh before I check-in and prompts me if there are added, modified,or deleted files newly listed in the pending changes window and if i'd like to proceed with current check-in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The current TeamCity plugin doesn't support the automatic merge features in TeamCity. Please add this feature!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The current checkboxes in the regular plastic client are borderline unusable from both a usability and visual feedback perspective.

By contrast, the Gluon client hits the mark with its checkboxes. It has much larger checkbox size that are far easier to click, and checkboxes that are coloured in when checked as opposed to a tiny black tick mark that is practically impossible to see when dealing with a larger changeset (I've lost count now the number of times I've checked in files I didn't intend to include, simply because the client decided to check them automatically and I couldn't tell).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the branch explorer window, under the options panel, you have the ability to edit existing comments. And while you can right click and choose Select All, the CTRL-A shortcut for doing so does not work. Also with long bulleted lists of comments, not having a scroll bar becomes cumbersome. Perhaps you could add both of these features to the Comment textarea.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If I scroll in the diff view and switch to another application for some reason and if I switch back to the pending changes view then the diff view is also refreshed with the effect I don't see the code anymore that I wanted to see.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Whenever there are files that have been touched but actually are identical ("files are identical"), I do not want them listed under pending changes. At least it would help to have the option to "undo changes" on all files that have not changed to make them disappear from the list. Scanning through the list of pending changes is cumbersome if you have to walk through all untouched files with 200-500ms refresh time every time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We use an email service to send the assignee of a created code review a message.
    Also the creator of the code review gets a message if the review is changed (using the after-editreview trigger). This is also triggered if the assignee adds a comment to the code review, but there is no possibility to get the comment to add it to the email.

So it would be nice to add the comment (if there is any) as variable .

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[New] 7.0.16.2407
    before-editreview and after-editreview triggers: Two new environment variables are available for the before and after editreview triggers regarding the review comments:
    PLASTIC_REVIEW_COMMENT and PLASTIC_REVIEW_COMMENT_ACTION. The first one contains the comment that fired the trigger, and the second one reflects the action on the comment “Created”, “Edited”, or “Deleted”. These variables will be empty if the action that fired the trigger is changing the code review status or the assignee.

15. cm find -? directs the user to https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cmfind/plastic-scm-version-control-query-system-guide.shtml

Unfortunately, that documentation isn't nearly as useful as it could be. It lacks a conclusive list of object types, it lacks a conclusive list of searchable/printable properties, and those that it does list are scattered throughout examples and explanations. We need a simple, no-frills lookup table because we don't know the source code like you do.

cm showfindobjects seems like a step in the right direction, but it's missing object types and properties that are listed in the online documentation.

Trying to figure out something like "given a file path, how do…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It'd be nice to have quick access to the resolved workspace file path from within Gluon (maybe just another field within the file details, under Name for instance)

This would be useful for being able to quickly open or share files - currently the workaround is to 'open in explorer' and copy the path from there.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently the Custom options for "Open With ..." only work in the Workspace Explorer view. If I am performing a code review or changeset diff and there are new binary files in that changeset, then "External Diff" does not work (as there are no previous versions to diff with), so I'd like to be able to use my custom open on the binary file in order to view it. Note that my custom open requires some command line arguments, so selecting the app to open the file with is not enough.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[New] 9.0.16.4556

Windows – Plastic: use custom applications to open files in Differences and Code review
    In Plastic Preferences you configure custom “Open with…” options which then appear in the context menu for items in the Workspace explorer. We have now added the same options to the context menu in the diff and the Code review windows.

18. After you enter in the information for the new repository, and go back to the "new workspace" dialog, it still has the last selected repository selected. Automatically selected the repository just created would be nice.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Click on "Branches".
    Add a new attribute to a branch.
    Switch to the Branch Explorer.
    There is no "Attributes" tab. :(

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use branch "Comments" field as a list of new or modified SQL stored procedures. However, if I accidently click on another branch or changeset, then all unsaved changes to commentary will be erased.
    So I suggest to add a confirmation dialog before changing selected object if Comments field has unsaved changes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?