Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

152 results found

1. When you diff files using an external tool, Plastic SCM creates temporary files for the revisions being compared, but generates random names for them. So when the diff tool opens, the file names it displays are like "tmp210f.tmp.vb". After a while you forget which file you are viewing and these names are not helpful :).

IMHO it would be much better if original file names were used, extended for instance with changeset numbers so they don't repeat.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the Items view, we can Cut and Paste but there is no Copy command. Cut+Paste will cause a Move operation.

Optimally, I'd like to be able to "fork" an item (at least a file) by creating a new Copy/Clone of the item that shares a common history with the original item from the cloning point and backward in time, but that has its own unique history from the cloning point and forward in time. (This was possible in SVN, where it was possible to trace the history of a copied file back into the original file where it was…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have some very old branches, which don't fit in our current branching concept. These where created when we first started using plastic scm and didn't know how to structure them.

We do have a very clean structure for our branches - finally. In the "Branches" view all branches are displayed, no date filter is applied by default. We use the tree view, as it supports our branch structure very well. The only problem is: There are these old branches, which destroy the clean look and feel of our sturctur and also confuse some users.

It would be nice to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the main Plastic GUI, display a notification if the installed version is older than the latest build available for download. Check periodically while GUI is running. For us early adopters... ;)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Xlinks in this way would point to the most recently committed changeset on the target branch branch, rather than just a specific targeted changeset. If need be this might have to be a read only Xlink.

This added functionality, especially in conjunction with partial Xlinks, would allow for very dynamic repository creation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a command "Items" to the shell extension menu (in Windows File Explorer). This command should open the Plastic Items view, drilled-down to the current directory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For read-only xlinks, the branch expansion rules have no significance. Therefore I suggest the following clarifying changes:

In the "Create/Edit xlink" dialog, when the "Writable" checkbox is not checked the "Branch expansion rules" list should be hidden (or disabled and empty). No default rule should be added and related warning boxes should not be displayed.

When checking/unchecking the "Writable" checkbox during creation, default rule(s) should be added/removed accordingly. Also, the whole rules list should be shown/hidden (or at least enabled/disabled) accordingly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the "Branch Changes" window ("View - Explore changesets on this branch"), the list of changesets is displayed in chronologically increasing order with the oldest one on top.

IMHO, it would be more consistent with the similar "View - View changesets on this branch" if the ordering was inverted so that the latest changeset was displayed on top and pre-selected. I'd think it is more common to start at the current version and work backwards through the history, as in most other views inside Plastic.

At the very least there should be a (remembered) option to invert the ordering. Personally…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be very useful if there was a way to automatically save comments entered into the Pending Changes/Comments text box such that if you reopened the Pending Changes window the previously entered comments were not lost. I believe most other SC clients do this (TortoiseHg/Svn/SourceTree).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using for instance compactsql it's very hard to get a list of deleted repositories (so they can be removed).

It would help if you had a cm command that takes a database filename and returns status (attached/detached).

Also re-attaching removed databases is a pain (as you cannot retrieve the name of the repository easily).

Yes I know I should notify the db admin (me too) to deleted the database right away (problem is it's easy to remove a repo but not to get it's associated table name afterwards).

Newer request than my previous:
    http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2775133-keep-info-on-deleted-databases

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The lrep command (and the repositories database) do not contain any information on deleted respositories, making it hard to deterimine the repository name of a removed/deleted repository database for restoring.

But if i want to restore an old one knowing which one it was might be handy. Is it an idea to add a boolean column mounted to the repository table in the repositories database (so you have record of old ones and can restore them 'more' easily)?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Apple's XCode has a nice feature I miss in PlasticSCM.

It allows you to merge your current branch into another (for instance /main) and after the merge switch to it.

In PlasticSCM the workflow is switch to /main and merge the other branch into the current (/main) branch.

XCode's added merge into feels a bit more natural if you're in a branch you want to close with a merge.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. While working in VS 2010 (run as Administrator) at some point while trying to do a checkin I get a message like:

"The type initializer for '196379271' threw an exception.
    Method not found: 'Void 1829760192.1231065091(1909317638,Mono.VisualStudio.TargetAddress)'."

From this point on I have to restart VS or use the stand alone client to do anything with Plastic.

I get a message like: "Another operation is already running".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have multiple repositories and as a company we try to name everyone's workspaces the same and put them in the same location on everyone's computer. It would be nice if there was an admin tool that would just make it so as someone loaded Plastic, it would just set that stuff up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's even impossible to list all code reviews. And it's so pity :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, there is no easy way to jump into the Branch Explorer from selected branch(es) in the Branches view.

This would be very convenient since it can sometimes be cumbersome to locate a specific task branch etc in the main Branch Explorer, while it's quick to find it in the excellent "Tree view" of the Branches view.

I'd like to have in the Branches view a (partial?) clone of the "Branch Explorer" submenu from the Branch Explorer view:
    * Show selected branches in a new diagram
    * Show selected and related branches in a new diagram
    * etc

Also, when…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to have a native package for Arch Linux that you can install with pacman.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the Plastic GUI on Windows, make the mouse wheel zoom the Branch Explorer / 2D History instead of scrolling it horizontally. It should work as in the Linux gtkplastic client.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When deleting private files from within the Plastic SCM GUI, the files are deleted from disk permanently.
    The client should delete them using windows dustbin feature. Configurable behavior would be even better.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An error popup randomly opens when I check in, explore branches or whatever.
    If I click 'ok' button then same error popup opens again.
    The only way I can fix this is kill the process.
    I'm very frustrating with this bug. Please fix.

2021-04-13 16:47:26,710 DESKTOP-PARK\PARK DEBUG GlobalConfig - Getting the repository spec for workspacepath 'c:\Space5'
    2021-04-13 16:47:26,712 DESKTOP-PARK\PARK DEBUG GlobalConfig - Getting the server config for repository spec 'Space5@MUMOSTUDIO@cloud', folder 'workspacetree', config file 'filetypes.conf'
    2021-04-13 16:47:26,713 DESKTOP-PARK\PARK WARN filters - PathValueMatcher: Error parsing line: # Plastic SCM extensions file. Syntax: <expression>:<type>.
    2021-04-13 16:47:26,713 DESKTOP-PARK\PARK WARN filters - PathValueMatcher:

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?