Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. I've read your posting about undoing merges:
    http://blog.plasticscm.com/2014/07/how-to-undo-merge.html

The problem of the solution provided there is that the removal of the integration does not remove the merge link. Furthermore the subtractive merge is not tracked. That is, the changes introduced into the branch "Release500" (CS 180) is like if a developer has manually removed the bugfix.
    Suppose the finalization of issue32 has not made it into Release
    500. Instead, it has been integrated directly into /main after the release. At the moment you integrate Feature500 into /main you remove the fix again, maybe without noticing.
    What we need

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are a large corporation with an LDAP (Active Directory) with 10's of 1000's of entries in the LDAP/AD server.
    Today, I think one of the biggest performance issues with Plastic SCM is the VERY large number of requests to LDAP to lookup SID to be able to display uid. Finding a way to speed up this operation would, I believe, be a boost to performance in many operations in Plastic SCM (especially the GUI?). Item view, changeset properties, and annotate history would improve just to name a few.
    I first thought of this problem when asking myself why the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As an indie company, we find plastic awesome but expensive to pick for our development. We would consider it if it was possible to get a self hosted option that doesn't charge us with $23/user/month.

Usually self hosted means cheaper not more expensive...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. At the bottom the Plastic SCM full GUI there is a blue badge with a button "Email support" and some promotional text "Need help? We normally answer in less than 1 hour!" Although Plastic's support is indeed excellent and people should know about it, I believe such a message is much better implemented as a tip or notification that can be toggled off.

My team feels the badge draws a lot of attention with its bright blue color and wastes screen real estate since we know about how to contact support.

I believe it would make more sense to add…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently the option is instead of timestamps. It would be faster just to check the contents if the timestamps don't match (unless it already does and this is just a labelling issue).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you use a console based diff tool such as vimdiff it can cause the GUI problems. It would be nice to be able to set different difftool preferences for the GUI and 'cm diff', possibly with a command line option:

cm diff --tool=vimdiff

It might be necessary to give tools names or id's in the GUI preferences to reference from the command line so you can easily configure the arguments.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to be able to split existing changesets, similar to what is possible with 'git rebase'.
    Mostly this is useful for preparation for cherry-picking some functionality that is needed on more than one branch.
    I'm not suggesting that you necessarily inflict something as complexed as 'git rebase' in plastic.

Instead it might take the form of:

A. Do a subtractive merge of the commit I want to split. Allow me to then re-merge the subtractively merged commit, without generating any merge links, over the current changeset (or maybe invent some kind of new merge link that visually indicates this…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scenario: You're developing a big extension within a dedicated branch. You have a lot of files and changes checked-in with only a few changesets. Now, you need a small portion of all these changes in another branch. You can't use the traditional cherry pick, because you've check-in a lot "unwanted" files with your changesets. Also you changed bigger files which contain needed and unwanted changes.

Righ now there is no way to cherry pick only some changes from specific files within a branch.

It would be a great feature, if you could generate a new changeset with only a selected…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1) highlight the current file revision in the history list GUI & command line as selected by the workspace (I had a feeling it was bold but isn't in 5.0.44.581). If the workspace revision is modified, the parent should still be highlighted.
    2) give an indication of which revisions have been merged in the history list (eg. a column for number of branches seeing this revision; merged yes/no)
    3) populate the 'Properties' panel when selecting items in the 'Version tree' (it is blank regardless of which branch or cs I select, and many of the cs numbers and names on…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When viewing the "Pending Changes" in Visual Studio plugin, double clicking a 'changed' item opens the 'Diff view'.

I think that when you double click a file it should open the file editor. This will make the behavior more consistent with Visual Studio in general and with the behavior of double clicking an 'added file'...

It will also make it more consistent with the behavior of other source controls, making the transition to Plastic even smoother.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. One big feature of SCM is to hunt down where / when a bug is introduced. It is done through a bisect feature:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection_(software_engineering)

Maybe PlasticSCM should implement the feature as well?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I believe there is a similar feature to refresh the diff window if it's open in the Pending Changes view. It would be nice if there was a refresh button/key inside of the Diff tool itself as well when it is already open in its own window. Having it refresh from the Pending Changes window will help a lot though if this is already working.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd like an alternative to date filters, so that views will not be empty by default if I look at a branch or a repo that has been is inactive for more than 3 months. I'd rather have a setting "Show 100(+/-) changesets". Sometimes you want to look at a certain time period, but I think more commonly you just want to limit the sheer amount of data being displayed?

This might need an addition to the "cm find" query language, to specify "the N latest changesets" etc, similar to SQL "SELECT TOP(N) ... ORDER BY ..."?

Also, an empty…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now I have no way to define custom rules for only one repository.
    Also it is not possible to identify the repository within the rules condition.

Workaround: add a attribute to each branch containing the repository name. (Very very nasty)

It would be nice to:
    1) have a repostoryName variable within conditions
    2) have custom rules for only one repository

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm not sure how macplastic made it out with a majorly missing feature: code reviews. I'd love if this got some priority.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Application will close if you press escape while it's out of focus. This is annoying if you do some back and forth between semantic merge and another application while doing you diff.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to be able to see diffs of selected changesets in the Branch Explorer and Changesets views. I imagine it being a toggle (like the current 'navigator', 'legend' etc. buttons), which opens a panel which just shows the changes included with whatever changeset is selected.

I used this kind of thing a lot whilst using git, through gitk, which roughly consists of 3 panels; the list of commits, the list of files within the selected commit, and the changes within the selected file.

There is another suggestion open on UserVoice for including a list of changed files…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Possiblity to change the Status of a code review directly in the Code Review Window. After all files are viewed one of two buttons (Discarded and Approved) can be clicked.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi,

there is this user voice item:
    https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/4230341-add-ignored-files
    which is about adding ignored files. We have the exact same situation from time to time.
    The way to unignore the files leads to a crowded ignore list with lots of !xyz.dll entries. Although one could remove that entry once the item is versioned this is often forgotten and the ignore list is updated with the unignored item.
    Another drawback is that people simply don't understand why they cannot add certain items. Especially when using the explorer context menu for adding items or folder structures there is no action at all. It…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Seriously, I shouldn't have to login just to get my invoices, send them to my email please.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?