General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. When viewing the "Pending Changes" in Visual Studio plugin, double clicking a 'changed' item opens the 'Diff view'.

I think that when you double click a file it should open the file editor. This will make the behavior more consistent with Visual Studio in general and with the behavior of double clicking an 'added file'...

It will also make it more consistent with the behavior of other source controls, making the transition to Plastic even smoother.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One big feature of SCM is to hunt down where / when a bug is introduced. It is done through a bisect feature:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection_(software_engineering)

Maybe PlasticSCM should implement the feature as well?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I believe there is a similar feature to refresh the diff window if it's open in the Pending Changes view. It would be nice if there was a refresh button/key inside of the Diff tool itself as well when it is already open in its own window. Having it refresh from the Pending Changes window will help a lot though if this is already working.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to don't be forced to always attach a comment to a concrete line. I want to have the possibility of adding general comments to the review and to files in the review

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like an alternative to date filters, so that views will not be empty by default if I look at a branch or a repo that has been is inactive for more than 3 months. I'd rather have a setting "Show 100(+/-) changesets". Sometimes you want to look at a certain time period, but I think more commonly you just want to limit the sheer amount of data being displayed?

This might need an addition to the "cm find" query language, to specify "the N latest changesets" etc, similar to SQL "SELECT TOP(N) ... ORDER BY ..."?

Also, an empty…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right now I have no way to define custom rules for only one repository.
    Also it is not possible to identify the repository within the rules condition.

Workaround: add a attribute to each branch containing the repository name. (Very very nasty)

It would be nice to:
    1) have a repostoryName variable within conditions
    2) have custom rules for only one repository

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm not sure how macplastic made it out with a majorly missing feature: code reviews. I'd love if this got some priority.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Application will close if you press escape while it's out of focus. This is annoying if you do some back and forth between semantic merge and another application while doing you diff.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice to be able to see diffs of selected changesets in the Branch Explorer and Changesets views. I imagine it being a toggle (like the current 'navigator', 'legend' etc. buttons), which opens a panel which just shows the changes included with whatever changeset is selected.

I used this kind of thing a lot whilst using git, through gitk, which roughly consists of 3 panels; the list of commits, the list of files within the selected commit, and the changes within the selected file.

There is another suggestion open on UserVoice for including a list of changed files…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi,

there is this user voice item:
    https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/4230341-add-ignored-files
    which is about adding ignored files. We have the exact same situation from time to time.
    The way to unignore the files leads to a crowded ignore list with lots of !xyz.dll entries. Although one could remove that entry once the item is versioned this is often forgotten and the ignore list is updated with the unignored item.
    Another drawback is that people simply don't understand why they cannot add certain items. Especially when using the explorer context menu for adding items or folder structures there is no action at all. It…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Seriously, I shouldn't have to login just to get my invoices, send them to my email please.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We use Source Tree today and would love to switch over to using gmaster full time. Having giflow built in would make that easier

See:
    https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2012/08/01/smart-branching-with-sourcetree-and-git-flow/
    http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

Keep up the great work on the tool!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to set comments in added files.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Problem:
    Sometimes you checkin changes that aren't necessarily corelated. Well, yes they belong to the same fix, but you could easily revert one change without the other.
    When people don't have the habbit to checkin every now and then, they need to checkin when they're done. Most of the time, this checkin contains more than one change.

In the unexpected event of a new bug, that was checkedin with these changes, it's hard to revert that one change that's causing the issue.

Suggested solution:
    This problem could be solved if there was a way to split existing changesets into new…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Every time I have to change my LDAP password on a windows machine (where the server is configured for AD working mode) - I have to download/configure a new work space, even though I already have several work spaces available from the configured server.

This could probably be achieved with adding a new column to the pastic.workspaces file:

// Known Plastic SCM workspaces
    // id name path server
    e1a3445e-68fe-4a80-a2cf-5f61dcf657c1 TwoFactorAuth c:\PlasProjects_WORK\TwoFactorAuth <myserver:port>

Baring that, it would be much better if the configuration would "stick" when the only change to the configuration is the password used to connect.

Optionally, just allow…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice if there would be a hotkey for going to the home changeset in the branch explorer.

We use this feature very often and after the button was removed from the top bar, it would now be easyer to this with a hotkey instead of the "floating" menu in the branch explorer.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am aware of PLASTICREVIEWCOMMENT and PLASTICREVIEWCOMMENT_ACTION events which seem handy for people who self-host. For us cloud-based folks, though, I don't believe there is any ability to even set up webhooks against these events.

Right now all my devops scripts for tracking code review (mostly to publish changes to our team's discord) make use of 'cm find review ...'. However, I can't figure out any way to access the actual comments associated with a review so the only useful changes I can track are changes in status and assignee.

Could you please add a feature…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On the workspaces tab, next to "Create new workspace..." a button "Add existing workspace" would be amazing.

Use case: I recently received a new laptop and all of my working files were copied from my old laptop including a folder containing numerous workspaces that are >10gb each, I needed to work on some of these projects while out of the office but couldn't find an easy way to add them back in to Plastic and recreating/downloading them from scratch while remote wasn't an option.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Searching in Visual Studio allows me to set multiple search terms separated by a space in order to better narrow my results. This is helpful if you aren't sure if the name of the file is "ProjectXMLData" or "ProjectDataXML", but you know for sure it has Project and XML in the name.

Attached Images
    - VSSearch01 - Shows searching for all 'project'
    - VSSearch02 - Shows adding 'xml', but not as an exact match. The results are still displayed as expected
    - WSSearch01 - Shows searching for 'project' and results show as expected
    -…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?