General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Having a live log of gitsync processing files (not just the ring/percentage, and steps).
    There's many occasions on which it stays for 10, 20 minutes on the same % and it's hard to know if it's not working or simply processing more or less files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using a dark theme with the linux build ends up with some pretty glaring white backdrops to things and lots of unreadable text.

It seems Plastic isn't using the supplied gtk theme colours, but instead has hardcoded colours for certain things.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I view file changes in the Compare Revisions window, I often want to know the current state of the file or change it. Add an option to locate the file in local workspace if it exists locally. It's not the same as current option to open that revision in a temp. directory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In Git UI I used to be able to do a simple task of reverting a selected commit locally. I saw an option to delete a changeset in Plastic, but sometimes you don't have a permission but you need to revert all the changes without opening any Diff windows and selecting any individual files.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This would save us a TON of pain working in game dev. Not only make the locks across all branches where the locked files exist, but also setup plastic so you can do multiple commits while keeping the lock.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I could not find an option to merge files manually when source has formatting and whitespace changes. These changes are lost after an auto-merge.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When starting a new project, allow the user to indicate that it is a Unity project, and enact default ignore file settings based on best practices. Allow the user to see which files will be ignored, and override them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SemanticMerge doesn't understand e.g. nested namespace definitions, which means it can't semantically merge C++17 files.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update the Conflict Resolution dialog to include additional information about the conflict.

In particular, it would be helpful during a branch merge to know which branch is being considered as the Source and which is the Destination.

In the attached example, it would be helpful to know that the Delete operation occurred on the /develop branch, and the change operation occurred on the /develop/tileeffectsupdate child branch.

This will further clarify and confusion about which action to perform.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi,
    We've recently had to rename a bunch of our files, and we were applying comments at check-in (because it was required), but have noticed that after the Check-In, the History will show the Move action, but no longer display the comment attached.

This would have been useful for us, as the comments kept track of some important information around why the renaming was happening, but this info is either lost/not displayed.

Cheers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice if the context menu descriptions when resolving a merge conflict would be more informative.

I'm referring to "Merge keeping source changes" and "Merge keeping workspace changes". The user has to know exactly which one is which, making this very error-prone.

I suggest using "mine" and "theirs", as is common in other tools, or if possible, the name of the branch of each version.

So "Merge keeping changes from 'main'" and "Merge keeping changes from 'main/fix-163'" would be much more informative.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I am in a workspace that is linked to SomeRepo@SomeCompany@cloud, and I create a new XLink, the XLink dialogue by default has Target Server set to local, and Use Relative Server set to true. These are incompatible! Either relative shouldn't be checked by default, or the server default should match the workspace's server. I think the latter option is more convenient for most use cases.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I hear from my designer-y people that they'd like to be able to experiment with features before checking them in to the cloud. Naturally this can be done with branches with the regular plastic, but I'd like for them to keep utilizing the simplicity of gluon.

I don't have a solid suggestion as to how to implement this, but as an alternative to checkin you could provide a "experimental checkin" action. Gluon still behaves as normal, but these checkins are only present for the user. When the user is done experimenting, they can checkin their experimental changesets to the cloud…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Marked" branches should always be visible, even when they don't have any new changesets in the last couple of days/weeks so that I don't have to scroll back for a merge.

This could be achieved by sticking the last changeset of a "marked" branch to the left edge of the branch explorer

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you have a file in your Checkin changes tab that is Changed but not checked out, you currently have to switch to the Explore workspace tab and navigate to the file, then check it out.

I would like to be able to bring up the context menu for the file under the Checkin changes tab and choose Check out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am aware of PLASTICREVIEWCOMMENT and PLASTICREVIEWCOMMENT_ACTION events which seem handy for people who self-host. For us cloud-based folks, though, I don't believe there is any ability to even set up webhooks against these events.

Right now all my devops scripts for tracking code review (mostly to publish changes to our team's discord) make use of 'cm find review ...'. However, I can't figure out any way to access the actual comments associated with a review so the only useful changes I can track are changes in status and assignee.

Could you please add a feature…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. https://www.sonarqube.org
    This is a open source code analyser.
    It can be connected to almost every major SCM, except for platsic ;)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an option to clear the report window output display in the context window for the update report pane

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently the Gluon Update Report pane displays the timestamp at the beginning of the report. This means that to find out the last time you synced you have to scroll up through a variable, and sometimes large, list of entries to find the timestamp while making sure that you don't overshoot it and end up in the previous update report.

I suggest moving it to the end of the report where the most recent sync time can always be easily found and quickly accessible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?