Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Currently, the Plastic SCM installer provides an option to include plugins for various IDEs as well as Office.

The Office Plugin support is provided for 2003, 2007, and 2010. Noting that the year is 2016, and that two releases of Office have occurred since then, the plugin should be updated to work with the latest versions.

Additionally, the Office Plugin doesn't have quite the same "polish" and "style" that the rest of Plastic has when running on Windows, so it could use some touching up.

Finally, if this isn't a priority - and since it really exists to integrate with…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to quickly list all the xlinks in a workspace, both in the GUI and on the command line.

The "cm xlink" command lists info about one specified xlink, but how do I list them recursively (without doing a "cm ls -R | grep xlink" or using "cm fileinfo" in every subfolder)?

I think there should be a command for this, perhaps "cm findxlinks", similar to "cm findprivate". A raw list of absolute paths to xlink-folders would do fine.

Also, I would like a GUI view listing all the xlinks in a repo (similar to the Branches view).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I propose adding a "depth" or "level" filter-option for the branch find-object, to filter on branch namespace-depth (just like "Display branch levels" in Branch Explorer Display Options).

Example:

find branch where level < 3

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, finding a branch by namespace is not possible. Even worse, [find branch where name = 'main'] returns 1 branch, but [find branch where name = '/main'] returns none!

Please add full namespace support so we can find branches by complete name, such as [find branch where name = '/main/task001/subtask_1'].

This request originates from the following forum post:

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2003-add-an-attribute-to-a-newly-created-branch-changeset/

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The "View history" and "Changesets" views would benefit from having different icons for each changeset line, depending on whether there's an incoming (or outgoing?) merge etc. As it is currently, the icons in these list views are not really used to their full potential since they are all the same...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I wanted to replicate a whole repository and need to map user names.
    I managed to replicate single branches using the user translation table. However, in "Sync replication", there is no such option. That is, I have to replicate each branch one by one. I have to select the translation mode in the GUI each time I replicate a new branch.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save revision as freezes the entire Plastic SCM client while it downloads the file from the server and saves it on disk. This unacceptable, especially for big files.

Progress bars must be added to Merging / Save revision as windows so users can see, well, the progress of the operation, and not wonder did it get stuck or something. Especially for people with slow internet connections.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Imagine the following scenario:

A repo with a XLink with a main branch and a child branch. Both branches have the same XLink.

Now the following occurs:

1) XLink is changed in both main branch and child branch
    2) You do a merge from main to child branch

You'll get a conflict (which is expected). However, the "Source" and "Destination" values aren't very human readable in the GUI. I'm assuming they're the GUID's of the changeset or something similar.

Could you make it more human readable? Displaying the associated changeset, branch etc?

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the home button like the one in the Branch Explorer to the Branches tab. This makes it much easier to jump to the current branch especially when being on a higher level branch.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I often bring up the 2D history tree for a directory to see what changes are done to items in its subtree. This works quite fine, but it does not show merge arrows for merges that involve items inside the relevant subtree. This makes it harder to follow what happened.

For example, I can see "C" changesets on a child branch and then later a "C" changeset on the main branch where the comment on the latter says it was merged back from the child branch, but there is no merge arrow displayed.

For a more informative view, I suggest…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Application will close if you press escape while it's out of focus. This is annoying if you do some back and forth between semantic merge and another application while doing you diff.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just a simple (crazy?) idea. This would be very nice to have when the number of labels in a repo grows large. A hierarchical Labels view would be consistent with the rest of the Plastic UI.

• Implement "soft" namespacing for labels (i.e "Namespaced Labels/Label 1"), similar to the one for branches.

• Then add buttons "List view" and "Tree view" to the Labels view, just like the Branches view.

Technical:
    No change is needed to how label names are stored, but the forward-slash character needs to be allowed in a Label name (it isn't currently, which is great since it means…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you're working in distributed mode with a local development server and want to join a project, you have a lot of work ahead with PlasticSCM.

1. Open PlasticSCM, go to repositories view.
    2. Type in the name of your local plastic server.
    3. Create a new empty repository.
    4. Right-Click and create a workspace from that repository.
    5. Open that workspace.
    6. Go to sync replication view.
    7. Add your local repo as source repository.
    8. Add the repository which holds the project you want to join (clone to your local server) as destination repository.
    9. Click refresh.
    10. Pull the changes.
    11. Open your local workspace.
    12. Click update workspace.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When selecting two changesets on two different branches and choosing "Diff selected changesets", the resulting Changeset Diff view can contain identical files (files that do not differ at all between the two changesets). This could happen if the same change has been applied to a file on both branches, without a merge.

In this case I suggest that the identical files be hidden from the Diff view. The whole point of a Diff is to see the files that differ, not the ones that don't.

(NOTE: In my case, I had loads of identical files due to an import from…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm not sure how macplastic made it out with a majorly missing feature: code reviews. I'd love if this got some priority.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This suggestion is a simple and minimal solution to a feature that is missing in Plastic and that we used a lot in TortoiseSVN - the ability to filter a Changeset Diff to the subtree-path that we're viewing the History of.

I have earlier suggested more elaborate changes to support this feature, but the simplest possible fix for this is as follows:

When opening a Changeset Diff from a (2D) History view of a directory (subtree), automatically populate the "Filter:" box (for the Changeset Diff) with the workspace path of the directory that the History view is working against. (This…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm actually not too sure how this works but it seems like there's an opportunity to provide in-context change history info via CodeLens. I see it with Git changes and it works pretty cool - see attached screenshots.

ref: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=320331

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When undoing pending changes on a very large (binary) file or a large number of files, the operation can take a considerable amount of time, especially if connecting directly to the repo server over Internet.

It seems the original file contents are re-downloaded, but that is not directly obvious so a progress indicator (just as for update/switch) would be helpful here. Otherwise one may think that the process has stopped working...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want it to be possible to color branches that have change sets that have not been pushed to some other server via sync replication.

To be specific and explain the background:
    I use jenkins to do some builds of my project when the main branch has been pushed to a central repository.
    it has happened to me several times that I checked in code (locally) and executed the jenkins project just to discover that it ran old code because my main was not replicated to the main server.

I would be happy if my main branch would show with…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?