Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. I noticed that the predefined open with context menu options are available in Items view, in the Pending changes view, but not in the diff viewer window. Would you consider a unification here? IMO these predefined open with options would be useful in the diff viewer window as well.

The second difference is that both in the Items view and in the Pending changes view there is an action for double LMB click, but there is no adequate action supported in the diff viewer. Would you consider a unification with the Pending changes view here as well?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. An option to show deleted files in the Items list/treeview

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's very tough to examine diffs on a single monitor. You have 3 panes, Semantic View on the left, source in middle, and changed on the right. You wind up having to scroll all over the place. Most developers have two monitors, and many like me have three. What if you could hit an "Expand" button and one monitor would display source view full screen, and the other monitor was destination view? Optionally, the third monitor would show Semantic View and the top pane of changed files would be on all of the views. Considering the fact that Plastic is…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This require a list of deleted files (that can be filtered).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If the focus is in the treeview of the changed files and the mouse is over that part, scrolling with the mouse wheel scrolls only this part. But if the mouse is over Content part (lower part), both parts are scrolled, where only the Content part should be scrolled.

If the focus is at the lower part, only this is scrolled if the mouse is over it. If the mouse is over the tree part nothing will be scrolled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Possiblity to change the Status of a code review directly in the Code Review Window. After all files are viewed one of two buttons (Discarded and Approved) can be clicked.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you did a subtractive merge on a changeset interval, it is really confusing when you see just one arrow pointing away from the last changeset of the changeset interval, because later on, I would think there was only this one last changeset involved.

It would be nice, if the graphical visualization would highlight such happenings better. Maybe with a curly brace or a special envelope around such changeset intervals.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VS has the built-in behaviour of changing the colour bar (just to the left of the code) that tracks the change status of the code (yellow for unsaved code modification, green for code changed and saved this session).

It would be nice to override/change this behavior, so that code lines with pending changes are marked. If the mouse hover over the color bar the original code lines are displayed in a pop-up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When using a calendar that is not the Gregorian calendar (in my case, I use the Japanese one, but I'm willing to bet it also happens with other calendars like the Hebrew one), many date-based operations in the PlasticSCM client break, including but not limited to:
    - Branch Explorer
    - Changesets (the action in the left menu, below Branch Explorer)

This means that at this moment, I am unable to use said features without changing my OS' calendar back to the Gregorian one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to view pending changes not group by C, A, M but as a list that has the full path to the item with an icon or other indicator for status (C,A,M). Sometimes I am working on different things for debugging or testing and I want to ignore those changes. If the list was just sorted by complete filename it would be easy to see and ignore certain changes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It is a pity to have using the command line to get this information while it could be simply displayed by default in the properties of the selected changeset.
    Tortoise Mercurial GUI client do this and it is very easy to handle. More, the parent/child changesets can be quickly found just by clicking on the hypertext link

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When viewing conflicts in the mergetool, there are two navigation "widgets" in the toolbar at the top of the window. The first one is for navigating the "Pending to solve" conflicts and the second one is for the full set of conflicts. Both of these navigators consist of arrow buttons for stepping back and forth, plus a couple of numbers to indicate which conflict we are looking at. (It is also possible to navigate the conflicts by simply clicking in a conflict block in the text panels, this updates the number indicating which conflict we're looking at.

Now, there are…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. currently, i am forced to choose the name, even if there is only one in the list which is making me crazy...
    auto selecting the 1st name after filtering is easy, and will save me a lot of unhappiness

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Interactive annotate view which allows to user to select two revisions to annotate between. This is similar to perforce timelapse view. A similar request is marked as completed although the implemented functionality is quite different and does not allow the user to easily annotate between two revisions.

https://www.perforce.com/support/tutorial-video-library/video/using-time-lapse-view

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. (this is different to the existing idea 'Add git like staging').

A thing I do in git all the time is use git-gui to select individual blocks and lines to stage and commit. For example I might fix two separate issues in the same file at the same time but want these committed separately.

Plastic currently only allows committing the whole of a file at a time but I would find the git-like behaviour VERY useful.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to be able to see diffs of selected changesets in the Branch Explorer and Changesets views. I imagine it being a toggle (like the current 'navigator', 'legend' etc. buttons), which opens a panel which just shows the changes included with whatever changeset is selected.

I used this kind of thing a lot whilst using git, through gitk, which roughly consists of 3 panels; the list of commits, the list of files within the selected commit, and the changes within the selected file.

There is another suggestion open on UserVoice for including a list of changed files…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, it is not possible to apply the same set of rules to multiple repositories, or indeed all repositories. My request is to add support for wildcards in repository names, so a set of rules can be made to affect multiple, or all repositories on the server.

Eg.
    rep:* lockserver:my.lock.server:8087
    *.fbx

Should make locking required on all fbx files on all repositories.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In cm rmattributereal, "realization" is a confusing word choice
    rmAttributeValue would be a better choice.

Please add rmAttributeValue as an alias to rmattributereal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've read your posting about undoing merges:
    http://blog.plasticscm.com/2014/07/how-to-undo-merge.html

The problem of the solution provided there is that the removal of the integration does not remove the merge link. Furthermore the subtractive merge is not tracked. That is, the changes introduced into the branch "Release500" (CS 180) is like if a developer has manually removed the bugfix.
    Suppose the finalization of issue32 has not made it into Release
    500. Instead, it has been integrated directly into /main after the release. At the moment you integrate Feature500 into /main you remove the fix again, maybe without noticing.
    What we need

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Good afternoon,
    I have a proposal to develop of the launch of triggers before operations Checking/Merge. These triggers will be realized by C# or other. If the trigger did with error, then operation Checking/Merge would not be executed.
    The problem definition is the project files are added with specific settings during the collaborative software development into the control version, such as a remote debugging flag or inadvertently not all files are described in the project file for adding to version control. Therefore, the project on another desktop couldn’t be compiled or launched without additional corrections and rewriting of the project…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?