Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. The Atomic nature of Plastic is really frustrating for Artists and general users who just want to share files.

To work around this restriction can you add an option that will "touch" selected files and then they can be submitted to a single changelist in your branch and then pushed, pulled easily to/from other branches.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The "Cherry pick from changeset interval" is a bit confusing to me.

For example:
    I want to cherry pick from changesets cs10 to cs15.
    So, I intuitively select cs10 and cs15 and do a cherry pick interval merge. But then, I notice, that there is no cs10 involved. The merge begins at cs11 and not cs10.
    So, when I want cs10 included, I have to select cs9. But that is very unintuitive to me.

It get's even worse, when I click on the merge arrow afterwards and it shows me "Changeset interval (9 - 15)".
    That's wrong, because there is…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In Branch Explorer, the alternating date-background color can be changed via a variable in a .conf file, but none of the other color schemes.

There is also the Themes feature in Preferences, but those seem to leave the Branch Explorer unaltered (even leaving it light for the dark themes)!

What we do have is the ability to color branches by attribute (conditional format) and to color changesets by user/replication-source. (But sadly, the color by replication source feature is currently broken.)

My request is to expose all the border, fill, background, selection and font colors to the user, either via .conf…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With v1.11.0 they've just publicly released the SCM API (https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/extensionAPI/api-scm), so it'd be greate to have Plastic integrated in this wonderful editor.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is a very useful feature for diffs with long lines.

Now that we have matching inside a line, this would be a natural follow up. With this, there would no longer be any need for horizontal scrollbars in diff view.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The tree view in Pending Changes gives a much better overview/visual structure to the things that were modified. However, per default everything is always collapsed. So for each new change one needs to click-open every single hierarchy level by hand, to reach the assets that were actually changed...

All other tree views (Items, Branches, ...) are affected similarly, and would greatly benefit from such a hotkey.

I suggest to use Alt-click, as for example, Unity uses that same method to selectively and recursively collapse/open subtrees. 

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. use asana api to automate one task per branch workflow

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Only files that are checked out can be moved to a changelist. The Checkout-Edit-Checkin workflow isn't required, so this shouldn't be the case.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I like to have my branches ordered bottom-up as they are closest to release. So my issue branches are below the trunk which is below release candidates and hotfix branches.

I do this manually right now. So I have two lines für release/hotfix branches then the trunk and then everything else.
    This is fine as long as there are only 2 branches in the upper two lines. But sometimes there are more (especially when 'older' branches are updated with new data. Then they overlap.

My suggestion:
    Add a weight property to branches (maybe via conditional rules) and order the branches…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We are a large corporation with an LDAP (Active Directory) with 10's of 1000's of entries in the LDAP/AD server.
    Today, I think one of the biggest performance issues with Plastic SCM is the VERY large number of requests to LDAP to lookup SID to be able to display uid. Finding a way to speed up this operation would, I believe, be a boost to performance in many operations in Plastic SCM (especially the GUI?). Item view, changeset properties, and annotate history would improve just to name a few.
    I first thought of this problem when asking myself why the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This would enable all the popular interoperability that other development operation tooling makes available... also opens up the possibility for the community to contribute Zapier Zaps and IFTTT recipes.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If a file is edited in "diffs view" of "Pending changes" tab, the encoding is changed from "Western Europe (Windows) - Codepage 1252" (Shown is encoding: None) to Unicode (UTF-8) - 65001. This change is not shown automatically. So special characters will be lost after checkin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option for the built-in diff window to show only a few (maybe configurable) unchanged lines around each changed line.

We have some multi-metabyte files with many thousands of lines and sometimes a few lines change and it is hard to scroll or click move around with such a large file. The buttons "to to next/previous change" are useful, but it is a lot more messy to actually see the diff.

See the attached file for a comparison with Araxis merge for an example.

In Araxis, we can see more information on the same screen.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like the branch graphics in the Branch Explorer to be shrunk but keep the text the same size.

I use the Branch explorer all the time. I need to be able to read the branch labels and date headers, but at the same time be able to see a decent amount of history.

Press (-) button until display stops changing. Then press (+) button twice. Graphics size at this level is good, but the text is unreadable. Press the (+) button one more time. Now the text is readable but the graphics are spread apart too far.

I…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There needs to be a user right that controls if a user or user group can delete other peoples "Shelves".

As it could be possible to delete another person's shelf by accident, and there is no way of undoing that deletion. This would be especially important when the shelf itself contains a large number of changes which would take a while to redo.

Deleting of your own shelf is OK.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shallow clone in GitServer is currently unsupported. However it would be very useful for big repositories and CI systems.

My scenario:
    I've got very big game repository and CI system, which supports git (but not plastic directly). To perform tests and builds for multiple platform, the CI agents store a lot of clones of repository, with huge, unnecessary history. The shallow copy mechanism seems to be ideal for such case.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It happens quite often that one locks himself out of the server. This can happen if an invalid user becomes server owner and/or some deny-settings are set inappropriately. It happened serveral times to me and I've also seen this several times in the forum. The provided solution is to reset ACL settings in the database with all its disadvantages.
    Another scenario is changing the authorization mode. We want to switch to Active Directory soon. In this case, all users in the ACL become invalid since they are unknown to the server. In order to maintain access to the server I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. think of a C compiler for an embedded target that has some special keywords that lead to parsing errors

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Plastic Cloud is nice but it is today a cloud-hosted service that does not communicate with any other cloud-hosted services. I would like to see that it is possible to hook other services up directly to Plastic Cloud repos.

The most straight-forward way to do this would probably be to provide a GitSync solution -- it would immediately allow Unity Cloud Build, Slack and many other integrations to work without additional work on your part. If there are difficulties when creating a two-way GitSync solution for Plastic Cloud then a read-only Git API would enable most integrations to function.

In…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The issue refers to the diff viewer window. The CTRL + + and CTRL + - keyboard shortcuts are handled globally within the window, no matter where keyboard focus is. On the other hand, the CTRL + M and CTRL + N (and their counterparts with Shift pressed) work only when keyboard focus is in the diff pane on the bottom.

The problem is that when you want to go through a code review, you have to click the diff pane whenever you switch to another file. Please check it by yourself: open the diff viewer, press CTRL + +…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?