Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. There are many branching scenarios that people use. But it would be nice to have a default template. And template libraries.

Example when I create a repo I also rename main to Production and create Test and Development branches.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Annotate for bigger files with long history is very slow and even stops with error. A performance optimization would be much appreciated. Annotation of just a part of a file (https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/3533001-annotate-this-line) is one option, some caching is maybe another way, how to deal with that.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please, add the possibility to use queries like this:
    find changesets where branch like 'release%' (to find changesets from branches release1, release2, releaseB,...) or this: find reviews where title like '%fail%' and so on.

This feature is already available for changeset->comment, but not for changeset->branch or review->title.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be useful to be able to set a flag on a changset such that it won't be merged from the branch it exists on (by merging from a subsequent changeset, although cherry picking it could possibly be an exception).

I sometimes need to make temporary changes on a branch (eg. for testing), but don't want to risk these getting merged upstream.

Normally I do periodic checkins of all changed files, so need to be careful to exclude these. It would be nice for the temporary changes to be managed by the SCM in a safe way.

I don't…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scenario: You're developing a big extension within a dedicated branch. You have a lot of files and changes checked-in with only a few changesets. Now, you need a small portion of all these changes in another branch. You can't use the traditional cherry pick, because you've check-in a lot "unwanted" files with your changesets. Also you changed bigger files which contain needed and unwanted changes.

Righ now there is no way to cherry pick only some changes from specific files within a branch.

It would be a great feature, if you could generate a new changeset with only a selected…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to have an option in the branch context menu in the Branch Explorer view to hide a branch faster.

If I want to hide a newly created branch that I don't want to see, I have to switch to visibility mode first, search the same branch again and double click it. This could be fastened up by adding a 'Hide branch' option to the context menu of all branches in the Branch Explorer view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm working on a main computer and a laptop for when i'm on the road.
    When i'm working on my laptop I would like to have it automatically push changes to my other computer or the central server when I check-in a change-set.

Also i would like to be able to subscribe to a repo of specific branches so it automatically pulls changesets from the central server or the computer.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for LDAP queries (including OR operator) that would allow better specificity in configuring access control to repo server.

Screenshot of config wizard: http://screencast.com/t/uXZVgpUvV

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The date column of the items tree is the local modified time of the file in my workspace. It would be much more useful to list the time the changeset that contains it was created. eg. how do I find the most recently modified files in a directory? Similarly a 'cm ls -lrt' equivalent would be useful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The diff tool lists the changesets being compared at the top. The tooltip for this text is the same as the text itself, it would be more useful if the tooltip included the comment.

This would be particularly useful when working with xlinks and the changeset numbers here and in history don't correspond to those in branch explorer (different repos).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Consider the following branches:
    1(root)
    1-1 (branch from 1)
    1-2 (another branch from 1)

Currently, you can checkout and check-in the file on branch 1-1 and you can also do it on branch 1-2, as long as both checkouts are in their own branch head changeset and not at the same time.

So when branches 1-1 and 1-2 merges back into the root branch 1, you get a conflict.

The idea is to have types of files that cannot be merged, never, completely exclusive for all branches, the same way it is done in lock.conf for a per-branch basis.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Usually I would not like to group changes from a merge (rebase) with those from editing files (development). I would like to be prevented from making this mistake and checking it in before realising.

There is already a similar option when switching/updating the workspace: "Do not allow, show an error". Could it be extended to cover merges, or a new option added?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you search for a changeset and it is not found, nothing happens. There could be several reasons:
    1) the changeset does not exist
    2) it is hidden due to 'display only relevant changesets'
    3) it is a recent addition and you need to refresh the view first

It would be helpful if a dialog was shown with the reason, with perhaps an option to do either 2) or 3) and then find it.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if there were a list of changed files for the selected changeset in the properties tab of branch explorer. This would be much quicker and more convenient than doing a diff changeset and facilitate general browsing. As panel width is limited, maybe only show the filename or put an elipsis at the start of the file path. There should be a context menu to diff the file.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is it possible to specify the name of the workspace that is created for a build configuration when using Plastic 5.x with TeamCity 8.x? Currently a workspace is dynamically created with the name tc### where the number actually correlates to the primary key of the vcsroot_instance stored in the TeamCity configuration. What this means is that every time we update the parameter for the build configuration that contains the name of the Plastic branch we wish to use, Plastic tries to create a new workspace. This is a problem because the same folder is being used and already…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to be able to search database files for their contents, and accross history.

I am picturing a use case where a user would like to download the last changeset before a particular piece of source code was deleted, for instance. The user could search the repository for files containing that particular text, and the server would return the file names, and perhaps the first and last changesets where the text still appeared in the file.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to see all attributes set on a branch somewhere else then the 'attributes' panel. Not I have to change the side panel from 'Properties' to 'Attributes' to see which attributes are set on a given branch.
    To speed this up, it sure is nice to see attributes in the branch tooltip.
    What you'd say about that?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After performing a merge it would be useful if the pending changes had some merge specific content:

1) show which files were merged entirely automatically and which required manual intervention. Currently the 'Status' column shows "Replaced / Merge from ..." or "Checked-out / Merge from ...". I'm guessing the replaced corresponds to files that only changed on the source and checked out is for both manual and automatic merges?

2) Provide menu items for comparing the merged file (workspace revision) to one of: base, source, destination. Currently "Diff revisions..." defaults to the last but does not make it easy to…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd like to be able to split existing changesets, similar to what is possible with 'git rebase'.
    Mostly this is useful for preparation for cherry-picking some functionality that is needed on more than one branch.
    I'm not suggesting that you necessarily inflict something as complexed as 'git rebase' in plastic.

Instead it might take the form of:

A. Do a subtractive merge of the commit I want to split. Allow me to then re-merge the subtractively merged commit, without generating any merge links, over the current changeset (or maybe invent some kind of new merge link that visually indicates this…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, the listlocks command doesn't use what's configured in the lock.conf, making it confusing when using an external lock server. See this thread for more info : http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2064-exclusive-checkout-in-dvcs-configuration/#entry13367.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?