Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. I often want to diff changesets on different branches in the branch explorer. If I select a changeset and then "Diff with other changeset..", I would expect to just click on another changeset in the tree, rather than having to work out what its number is and then select that number from a list. I've discovered that I can Ctrl-Pick two changesets and then diff them using "Diff selected changesets", but that's less obvious.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice if there is an option in the branch explorer (display options) to switch between "branch name only" (name) and "full branch path" (main/branch1/.../name).

For higher level branches the name (full path) may be too long.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. From the repository screen add "Create Workspace" as an option that will populate the repo with the selected item. in the new workspace dialog.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the VS plugin it is possible to shelve changes from the commit window by committing them to a shelf instead of to the current branch. Once this happens, however, there is no way to get them back(Through the plugin I mean) because the shelves tab is not available.

You can recover the shelved changes by opening the regular Plastic GUI, but this shouldn't be necessary.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice to have some or all of the features of Gluon that are available on Windows also available on Mac. I'm primarily thinking of he ability to download partial repositories to save space by not including certain files.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, the blue icon is hard to see, red one is ok. green one is ok. but the problem is decerning the blue in the middst of all the other ones. either have choice of large or small icons or allow us to change to one with more pronounced color.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While naming branches after task #id numbers is a very effective organizational scheme, when quickly visually browsing in branch explorer it would be helpful to see more information about the branch. The comments field is a great place to describe the branch in more detail, but viewing the comments requires clicking on each branch of interest. Instead, it would be fantastic if the first sentence of the branch comment could be displayed under the branch name in the branch explorer diagram view. This short description of the branch could be extracted from the comment field using the same popular "autobrief"…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow scrolling with a mouse wheel in a Branch Explorer. Maybe with CTRL or SHIFT modifier. (Both zooming and scrolling with a mouse wheel is useful.)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Via GUI it's possible to edit existing checkin-comments and save them.

In the CLI (cm command line) there is no equivalent to this action. There should be a command to replace the comment of a specified changeset.

That way we could apply batch pattern-replacement in checkin comments, similar to "git filter-branch --msg-filter". This is not about rewriting history, as only the comments will be modified.

An example of where this is useful: after import from SVN via Git each changeset has got an appended formatted string, starting with "git-svn-id:" and containing info about the corresponding branch and revision in the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Our entire team are going Linux only for development since Epic now support it with Unreal 4, so support for Gluon on Linux would be wonderful for us.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The current integration to OnTime does not work with Ver 13.x. Moving to the newly released OnTime API should allow for support to hosted and on Prem deployments of the most recent versions.
    http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/176-plasticscm-and-ontime/

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A commit message text box and a code review text box does not have any scroll bar, does not allow scrolling with a mouse and does not allow Ctrl+A (select all text). All these things would be useful.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I frequently want to change this in branch explorer, and it involves too many mouse clicks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm using the Visual Studio extension of Plastic SCM. In the "Pending changes in workspace" view dragging and dropping changed files is possible, which opens that file directly in Visual Studio.

This feature might have been a good idea, but I'm starting to hate it. Every time when I try to select/click on of those files, I move my mouse a few pixels and drag&drop kicks in and opens that file, but my intention was to check/uncheck that file, not opening it.

Either there should be an option to disable drag&dop, or the sensitivity of the drag&drop operation should be…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I remember that a couple of years ago you added a new feature to the diff viewer which let's you trace merges made on files. Let's consider the following scenario. You work in a branch for some time, but at some point you want to update your code to it's latest state, because your task already takes days or weeks. So you create a new branch from the latest changeset on \main and merge your existing branch you the newly created one.

Then you modify a file in the new branch, that was already modified earlier in the first branch.…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

[New] 6.0.16.1544
    Windows GUI, gtk and mac clients: As requested in user voice https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/17296492-add-an-option-to-hide-merge-info-in-the-diff-viewe, we implemented a toggle button that allows to “skip merge tracking” in the diff view. The button is only visible when several merge sources have been detected. When you click the button, diffs are not groupes by merge.

16. We are using PlasticSCM because we have large amounts of binary data which Git can not handle. This prevents us from using the Git clients which support Jenkiins Pipeline.

Please update the PlasticSCM plugin to support Jenkins Pipelines.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The diff dialogue needs a context menu to revert files. Because otherwise you merge and then you have to go through the item view to try and track down the files, kind of painful.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Now, TeamCity plugin is unable to download a specific version of a file. I try to view changes of a file and this error message appears: Error getting file contents: The specified revision was not found

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After editing a checkedout file in Visual Studio, open "Diff with previous". The changes can be edited. I found the "Save" button on top (hard to see...), but if you close the window before saving all changes are lost with no warning. I think that is a serious bug.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Many times I find that the most complete, or the ONLY, documentation on some features in Plastic SCM can be found in the release notes. (Example: the "multi-screen diff" feature is mentioned but nowhere explained.)

Additionally, on forums and uservoices etc a specific release note may be mentioned for reference.

Unfortunately, it seems that many of the in-between release notes disappear from the web after a while, or at least they are very hard to find.

With all this in mind, please make it easy to find every Plastic SCM release note ever issued! ;)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?