Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Back in old Subversion, the scenario of "Updating to a newer changeset (on the current branch) while there are Pending Changes in the workspace" was handled very smoothly and seldom caused any problems. (Sure, conflicts can arise but they are usually minor since we are on the same branch.)

I'm aware that it's recommended that each developer works on their own child branch. Nevertheless, this situation comes up, for example when two child branches are being concurrently merged back to the parent. Also, the Plastic team has already put some work into supporting this scenario:
    http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2012/02/working-on-single-branch-update-merge.html
    "While our recommended pattern…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When viewing conflicts in the mergetool, there are two navigation "widgets" in the toolbar at the top of the window. The first one is for navigating the "Pending to solve" conflicts and the second one is for the full set of conflicts. Both of these navigators consist of arrow buttons for stepping back and forth, plus a couple of numbers to indicate which conflict we are looking at. (It is also possible to navigate the conflicts by simply clicking in a conflict block in the text panels, this updates the number indicating which conflict we're looking at.

Now, there are…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, it is not possible to apply the same set of rules to multiple repositories, or indeed all repositories. My request is to add support for wildcards in repository names, so a set of rules can be made to affect multiple, or all repositories on the server.

Eg.
    rep:* lockserver:my.lock.server:8087
    *.fbx

Should make locking required on all fbx files on all repositories.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using a calendar that is not the Gregorian calendar (in my case, I use the Japanese one, but I'm willing to bet it also happens with other calendars like the Hebrew one), many date-based operations in the PlasticSCM client break, including but not limited to:
    - Branch Explorer
    - Changesets (the action in the left menu, below Branch Explorer)

This means that at this moment, I am unable to use said features without changing my OS' calendar back to the Gregorian one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Similar to the request to group workspaces and repositories (https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2772036-group-workspaces-and-repositories) but not quite the same.

Using submodules to group repos limits you to a single classification of a repository. Ideally you are able to tag a repository with several keywords like you do on a forum or an article. This would allow us to tag a repository with 'real-time control' or 'imaging algorithm' but also tag it with a product name that uses it or the programming language that it is written in.
    This would necessitate a new repository view in the client where instead of a list…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A commit message text box and a code review text box does not have any scroll bar, does not allow scrolling with a mouse and does not allow Ctrl+A (select all text). All these things would be useful.

This suggestion has been added here already (https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/4341465-checkin-comment-and-code-review-text-boxes) but it was marked as completed even though it is still not working.

See also the original post here: http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/1291-some-ux-issues/#entry10137
    There is also another suggestion close to this explained by a picture (partially displayed lines).

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In cm rmattributereal, "realization" is a confusing word choice
    rmAttributeValue would be a better choice.

Please add rmAttributeValue as an alias to rmattributereal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. currently, i am forced to choose the name, even if there is only one in the list which is making me crazy...
    auto selecting the 1st name after filtering is easy, and will save me a lot of unhappiness

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In "Changesets" tab it is possible to right click on a changeset and select "Label this changeset"
    However nowhere in this view can I see if there is a label against a changeset- there are columns for Changeset's Name, Comment, Date , branch et al but not even the "Show Extended Information" shows anything about labels.

Why this would be useful:
    In my typical workflow I make changes as development proceeds with comments stating what & why things have been done; often with references to issue#s . For example "Fix issue#5341 the conblogminator was crashing with error E54 when the…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save revision as freezes the entire Plastic SCM client while it downloads the file from the server and saves it on disk. This unacceptable, especially for big files.

Progress bars must be added to Merging / Save revision as windows so users can see, well, the progress of the operation, and not wonder did it get stuck or something. Especially for people with slow internet connections.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, the Plastic SCM installer provides an option to include plugins for various IDEs as well as Office.

The Office Plugin support is provided for 2003, 2007, and 2010. Noting that the year is 2016, and that two releases of Office have occurred since then, the plugin should be updated to work with the latest versions.

Additionally, the Office Plugin doesn't have quite the same "polish" and "style" that the rest of Plastic has when running on Windows, so it could use some touching up.

Finally, if this isn't a priority - and since it really exists to integrate with…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use the manual relayout mode to layout my branches in a way, that release branches are on top, the trunk is in the middle and all issue branches are below.
    This way I have a fast overview of the changes that are released.
    [They also have different colors ;)]

All these branches have an attribute called "role" with different values:
    "Release" for releases
    "Trunk" for the trunk
    "Patch" for issues

Now, it would be VERY nice if I could teach the branch explorer, that branches should be layed out in an order (top to bottom) based on the attribute…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support for VCS PlasticSCM under vcs roots and possibly Webstorms internal changelist, auto checkin and checkout support for editing files. Could be adapted easily from existing IntelliJ plugin to support Webstorm and PHPStorm?

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Do something (change color, icon, etc) to show that changesets/branches have not been synced.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If we could set individiual icons for each repository (like its possible in Jira) working with many repositories becomes more easy. Currently I have to ensure that I am looking at the correct one by looking at the name. Just quickly checking the icon would be a lot faster.
    Additionally the names do not fit into the workspace tabs, having a small version of the icon displayed there would switching workspaces much quicker.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently the option is instead of timestamps. It would be faster just to check the contents if the timestamps don't match (unless it already does and this is just a labelling issue).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I propose adding a "depth" or "level" filter-option for the branch find-object, to filter on branch namespace-depth (just like "Display branch levels" in Branch Explorer Display Options).

Example:

find branch where level < 3

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The "View history" and "Changesets" views would benefit from having different icons for each changeset line, depending on whether there's an incoming (or outgoing?) merge etc. As it is currently, the icons in these list views are not really used to their full potential since they are all the same...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Right now the semantic outline only allows you to navigate to a difference, and selects it in the diff view.

If I want to launch a separate window to view the differences I have to go to the diff window and click on the little "C" icon to pop up a view of the difference.

I would like to be able to launch this directly from the outline by double-clicking, Ctrl+Click, or right-click -> context menu.

This should be a simple improvement but will make using the semantic outline much more natural

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently GitServer feature does not allow to configure any security.
    It would be nice to have at least possibility to limit access from GIT to read-only via configuration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?