Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. I often have more or less blank lines after debugging. When I do not like them to checked in I have to go through all changed files and add / remove blank lines. It would also be great if the menu items have a checkbox, one per option (Ignore EOLs, Ignore whitespace, Ignore blank lines).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be cool to have aliases for branches.
    The whole system builds up on branches names and you may refer to them from other programs, so you can't change the name.

Example: Branch with name 'Task0815' is a new feature called 'Branch aliases' (see what I did there? ;])

In the Branch Explorer this branch could be displayed as:
    Task0815 | Branch aliases

This would enhance the overview inside the branch explorer, because having Task001 to Task999 isn't telling you much.

At the moment this would be inside an attribute or the branch description, but both aren't displayed until you…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. With some (external) repositories last changes are sometimes so long ago that nothing shows up in for example the xlink changeset selector.

So please show at least the last release if the query does not return results. This behavior should also be implemented for other query based views. Maybe with a switch in the preference to turn it on/off.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently you have to specify each repository you that you want cm find to look at. Unfortunately if you have a lot of repositories this takes a lot of typing (we have 100+). It would be nice if you could use an identifier to tell cm find to look at all repositories. For example: cm find changesets where owner='sbaum' on repositories '*'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Gluon, compare contents of text files instead of time stamps.

Text files that are exactly the same are being seen as changed in Gluon.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I often bring up the 2D history tree for a directory to see what changes are done to items in its subtree. This works quite fine, but it does not show merge arrows for merges that involve items inside the relevant subtree. This makes it harder to follow what happened.

For example, I can see "C" changesets on a child branch and then later a "C" changeset on the main branch where the comment on the latter says it was merged back from the child branch, but there is no merge arrow displayed.

For a more informative view, I suggest…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently when you try to access the list of all repositories, it opens beneath the current workspace tab. Then when you choose "View branch explorer" on a project, it opens another sub-workspace tab so now my workspace has two branch explorer tabs open in it, and one of them is not even related to the workspace. Clearly this is not the right place for these tabs to open. The Mac client does better by opening the repository list and workspaces in new windows. I'm sure you can come up with a better placement in the Windows client- for example, open…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Application will close if you press escape while it's out of focus. This is annoying if you do some back and forth between semantic merge and another application while doing you diff.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm not sure how macplastic made it out with a majorly missing feature: code reviews. I'd love if this got some priority.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When undoing pending changes on a very large (binary) file or a large number of files, the operation can take a considerable amount of time, especially if connecting directly to the repo server over Internet.

It seems the original file contents are re-downloaded, but that is not directly obvious so a progress indicator (just as for update/switch) would be helpful here. Otherwise one may think that the process has stopped working...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I wanted to replicate a whole repository and need to map user names.
    I managed to replicate single branches using the user translation table. However, in "Sync replication", there is no such option. That is, I have to replicate each branch one by one. I have to select the translation mode in the GUI each time I replicate a new branch.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When using inclusion/exclusion filter-rules in Branch Explorer, the active branch may become hidden. I want some way to force the active branch to be always visible.

There is a special coloring-rule (currentselectorbranch) for the "Active branch in this workspace", but there is no way to do the same in an inclusion rule. (As I don't think it's possible to locate the active branch via a simple find-branch-query?)

I propose adding a way to (optionally) always show the active branch. This could implemented simply as a new "Display option" - "Always show active branch" or as a special inclusion…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When applying a new label, there is a checkbox "Label all XLinked repositories".

However, when moving a label ("Apply label to workspace contents") there is currently no way to automatically apply (or move if existing) a label by the same name in xlinked repositories.

It would be very nice to be able to do this (as an option).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Develop a JIRA plugin for Jira, to improve visibility.
    Add options to create branches from JIRA and issues from PlasticSCM.
    Embed links to open each other Web Portal.

In general, a text box in the Jira issue is not enough. The interaction should be smooth.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Branch Explorer, it's hard to combine inclusion and exclusion rules since there is no way to adjust priority order between them, and exclusion always seems to override inclusion.

I would suggest evaluating (for each branch) the inc/exc rules from top to bottom and stopping at the first (enabled) matching rule (just as for the custom coloring rules). Then you could re-use the "move up" button for adjusting these prios (only keeping the separation of color-rules from the inc/exc rules).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to quickly list all the xlinks in a workspace, both in the GUI and on the command line.

The "cm xlink" command lists info about one specified xlink, but how do I list them recursively (without doing a "cm ls -R | grep xlink" or using "cm fileinfo" in every subfolder)?

I think there should be a command for this, perhaps "cm findxlinks", similar to "cm findprivate". A raw list of absolute paths to xlink-folders would do fine.

Also, I would like a GUI view listing all the xlinks in a repo (similar to the Branches view).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want it to be possible to color branches that have change sets that have not been pushed to some other server via sync replication.

To be specific and explain the background:
    I use jenkins to do some builds of my project when the main branch has been pushed to a central repository.
    it has happened to me several times that I checked in code (locally) and executed the jenkins project just to discover that it ran old code because my main was not replicated to the main server.

I would be happy if my main branch would show with…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Just a simple (crazy?) idea. This would be very nice to have when the number of labels in a repo grows large. A hierarchical Labels view would be consistent with the rest of the Plastic UI.

• Implement "soft" namespacing for labels (i.e "Namespaced Labels/Label 1"), similar to the one for branches.

• Then add buttons "List view" and "Tree view" to the Labels view, just like the Branches view.

Technical:
    No change is needed to how label names are stored, but the forward-slash character needs to be allowed in a Label name (it isn't currently, which is great since it means…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make possible to select visible columns in table views such as Changesets, Items, Branches, etc.
    We want to see Attributes and Labels in a Changesets view, but we usually do not care about GUIDs.

142 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A feature to enable the user to edit/re-merge a pending merge is something that would improve flexibility and greatly assist new users to the system.

If you accidentally do something wrong in the merge, or change your mind and want to do something differently, it would be great to "redo" either file or the entire merge, and let you change e.g. from workspace to source contributor, or go over a merge of some code without having to undo. Now, after you've done a merge you reach a point of no return.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?