Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. If the focus is in the treeview of the changed files and the mouse is over that part, scrolling with the mouse wheel scrolls only this part. But if the mouse is over Content part (lower part), both parts are scrolled, where only the Content part should be scrolled.

If the focus is at the lower part, only this is scrolled if the mouse is over it. If the mouse is over the tree part nothing will be scrolled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It's very tough to examine diffs on a single monitor. You have 3 panes, Semantic View on the left, source in middle, and changed on the right. You wind up having to scroll all over the place. Most developers have two monitors, and many like me have three. What if you could hit an "Expand" button and one monitor would display source view full screen, and the other monitor was destination view? Optionally, the third monitor would show Semantic View and the top pane of changed files would be on all of the views. Considering the fact that Plastic is…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As git user, more than once i find the need to fix something added to a comit, using the --amend parameter. It would be great to have this feature on plasticscm, because otherwise i end with

D - E - F
    \
    A - B - C - Fixes C

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If a file is edited in "diffs view" of "Pending changes" tab, the encoding is changed from "Western Europe (Windows) - Codepage 1252" (Shown is encoding: None) to Unicode (UTF-8) - 65001. This change is not shown automatically. So special characters will be lost after checkin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An option to show deleted files in the Items list/treeview

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice if there were a list of changed files for the selected changeset in the properties tab of branch explorer. This would be much quicker and more convenient than doing a diff changeset and facilitate general browsing. As panel width is limited, maybe only show the filename or put an elipsis at the start of the file path. There should be a context menu to diff the file.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be nice to be able to see diffs of selected changesets in the Branch Explorer and Changesets views. I imagine it being a toggle (like the current 'navigator', 'legend' etc. buttons), which opens a panel which just shows the changes included with whatever changeset is selected.

I used this kind of thing a lot whilst using git, through gitk, which roughly consists of 3 panels; the list of commits, the list of files within the selected commit, and the changes within the selected file.

There is another suggestion open on UserVoice for including a list of changed files…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scenario: You're developing a big extension within a dedicated branch. You have a lot of files and changes checked-in with only a few changesets. Now, you need a small portion of all these changes in another branch. You can't use the traditional cherry pick, because you've check-in a lot "unwanted" files with your changesets. Also you changed bigger files which contain needed and unwanted changes.

Righ now there is no way to cherry pick only some changes from specific files within a branch.

It would be a great feature, if you could generate a new changeset with only a selected…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm working on a main computer and a laptop for when i'm on the road.
    When i'm working on my laptop I would like to have it automatically push changes to my other computer or the central server when I check-in a change-set.

Also i would like to be able to subscribe to a repo of specific branches so it automatically pulls changesets from the central server or the computer.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you did a subtractive merge on a changeset interval, it is really confusing when you see just one arrow pointing away from the last changeset of the changeset interval, because later on, I would think there was only this one last changeset involved.

It would be nice, if the graphical visualization would highlight such happenings better. Maybe with a curly brace or a special envelope around such changeset intervals.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This require a list of deleted files (that can be filtered).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to see all attributes set on a branch somewhere else then the 'attributes' panel. Not I have to change the side panel from 'Properties' to 'Attributes' to see which attributes are set on a given branch.
    To speed this up, it sure is nice to see attributes in the branch tooltip.
    What you'd say about that?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After performing a merge it would be useful if the pending changes had some merge specific content:

1) show which files were merged entirely automatically and which required manual intervention. Currently the 'Status' column shows "Replaced / Merge from ..." or "Checked-out / Merge from ...". I'm guessing the replaced corresponds to files that only changed on the source and checked out is for both manual and automatic merges?

2) Provide menu items for comparing the merged file (workspace revision) to one of: base, source, destination. Currently "Diff revisions..." defaults to the last but does not make it easy to…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to view pending changes not group by C, A, M but as a list that has the full path to the item with an icon or other indicator for status (C,A,M). Sometimes I am working on different things for debugging or testing and I want to ignore those changes. If the list was just sorted by complete filename it would be easy to see and ignore certain changes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Interactive annotate view which allows to user to select two revisions to annotate between. This is similar to perforce timelapse view. A similar request is marked as completed although the implemented functionality is quite different and does not allow the user to easily annotate between two revisions.

https://www.perforce.com/support/tutorial-video-library/video/using-time-lapse-view

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Good afternoon,
    I have a proposal to develop of the launch of triggers before operations Checking/Merge. These triggers will be realized by C# or other. If the trigger did with error, then operation Checking/Merge would not be executed.
    The problem definition is the project files are added with specific settings during the collaborative software development into the control version, such as a remote debugging flag or inadvertently not all files are described in the project file for adding to version control. Therefore, the project on another desktop couldn’t be compiled or launched without additional corrections and rewriting of the project…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The History view and History as 2D tree view do not contain merges affecting the item and do not show any reverts. Therefore those views are not really a history, but only a list of different variants of the item existing in the history.
    See comments for a deeper explanation.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. VS has the built-in behaviour of changing the colour bar (just to the left of the code) that tracks the change status of the code (yellow for unsaved code modification, green for code changed and saved this session).

It would be nice to override/change this behavior, so that code lines with pending changes are marked. If the mouse hover over the color bar the original code lines are displayed in a pop-up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This overlaps with the existing version tree functionality in Plastic, and with the existing annotations functionality - and is probably related to method history too.

My use cases are:-

1. I see a piece of code that is broken, but don't know anything about what that code did in the first place, when it was introduced or who did it, and what were the checkin comments.

2. Again, I see a piece of code that is broken, and I want to jump straight to the diff for that piece of code in whatever revision introduced the breakage. If that revision turns out…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This would prevent you from adding a file and forgetting to add it to source control before changing branch. This idea here is that you would set Plastic up to discover private files so you can see which files need adding. Any solution files or built data you would put in separate folders which aren't under source control and thus aren't detected by Plastic. This approach prevents you from forgetting to add files, i.e it'll build for you locally but not for others.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?