Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Hi,

there is this user voice item:
    https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/4230341-add-ignored-files
    which is about adding ignored files. We have the exact same situation from time to time.
    The way to unignore the files leads to a crowded ignore list with lots of !xyz.dll entries. Although one could remove that entry once the item is versioned this is often forgotten and the ignore list is updated with the unignored item.
    Another drawback is that people simply don't understand why they cannot add certain items. Especially when using the explorer context menu for adding items or folder structures there is no action at all. It…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are a large corporation with an LDAP (Active Directory) with 10's of 1000's of entries in the LDAP/AD server.
    Today, I think one of the biggest performance issues with Plastic SCM is the VERY large number of requests to LDAP to lookup SID to be able to display uid. Finding a way to speed up this operation would, I believe, be a boost to performance in many operations in Plastic SCM (especially the GUI?). Item view, changeset properties, and annotate history would improve just to name a few.
    I first thought of this problem when asking myself why the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice if plastic had a web-service which provides graphical HTML5 reports / views for interagtion in thrid-party applications (primarily issue trackers)

I think of the following:
    - Some branch-explorer like view focusing on one branch (task-branch) which displays the check-ins and merges to and from this branch
    - A list of check-ins to a specific branch (like the history view?)
    - A view showing all changed files in a branch in total
    - you name it. there could be way more!

This service should have a REST-full URL API where the view and branch path are defined…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I encountered on several occasions already that what was displayed in pending changes did not match the actual state of files being committed. The reason being that changes are not automatically updated in the UI, but upon commit new changes are automatically collected using default behavior of changed files being committed, added, moved and deleted files must be selected manually - meaning the latter will not be part of such commit. The minimum thing that could be done is to notify the user that there are undisplayed changes that need to be reviewed. Even better would be to add git…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like the branch graphics in the Branch Explorer to be shrunk but keep the text the same size.

I use the Branch explorer all the time. I need to be able to read the branch labels and date headers, but at the same time be able to see a decent amount of history.

Press (-) button until display stops changing. Then press (+) button twice. Graphics size at this level is good, but the text is unreadable. Press the (+) button one more time. Now the text is readable but the graphics are spread apart too far.

I…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need to be able to do a diff on a repository on a server (without workspaces) and then get the OLD version of a file through any xlink.

cm diff OLD NEW

You don’t get the path on the remote repository from a diff on current repository.

If I do a cm diff in the first repository, There is NO path information through the xlink. And ALL the information is related to the NEW changeset.

So you can not do a simple diff using the FIRST repository’s information:

$ cm ls '/one/two/My link with spaces/bird/file1.txt' --tree='24@0000000099TESTREPO

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When the expansion rule has already been created and the dialog has already been shown, or when the Xlink is read-only, this dialog becomes an unnecessary nuisance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please, add the possibility to use queries like this:
    find changesets where branch like 'release%' (to find changesets from branches release1, release2, releaseB,...) or this: find reviews where title like '%fail%' and so on.

This feature is already available for changeset->comment, but not for changeset->branch or review->title.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Consider the following branches:
    1(root)
    1-1 (branch from 1)
    1-2 (another branch from 1)

Currently, you can checkout and check-in the file on branch 1-1 and you can also do it on branch 1-2, as long as both checkouts are in their own branch head changeset and not at the same time.

So when branches 1-1 and 1-2 merges back into the root branch 1, you get a conflict.

The idea is to have types of files that cannot be merged, never, completely exclusive for all branches, the same way it is done in lock.conf for a per-branch basis.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It happens quite often that one locks himself out of the server. This can happen if an invalid user becomes server owner and/or some deny-settings are set inappropriately. It happened serveral times to me and I've also seen this several times in the forum. The provided solution is to reset ACL settings in the database with all its disadvantages.
    Another scenario is changing the authorization mode. We want to switch to Active Directory soon. In this case, all users in the ACL become invalid since they are unknown to the server. In order to maintain access to the server I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. think of a C compiler for an embedded target that has some special keywords that lead to parsing errors

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This would enable all the popular interoperability that other development operation tooling makes available... also opens up the possibility for the community to contribute Zapier Zaps and IFTTT recipes.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. use asana api to automate one task per branch workflow

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When server maintenance is due, it would be great to know if any client is still connected to the server.
    You may add a new cm-command for that or you implement a shiny info screen on the server.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Atomic nature of Plastic is really frustrating for Artists and general users who just want to share files.

To work around this restriction can you add an option that will "touch" selected files and then they can be submitted to a single changelist in your branch and then pushed, pulled easily to/from other branches.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The issue refers to the diff viewer window. The CTRL + + and CTRL + - keyboard shortcuts are handled globally within the window, no matter where keyboard focus is. On the other hand, the CTRL + M and CTRL + N (and their counterparts with Shift pressed) work only when keyboard focus is in the diff pane on the bottom.

The problem is that when you want to go through a code review, you have to click the diff pane whenever you switch to another file. Please check it by yourself: open the diff viewer, press CTRL + +…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I noticed that the predefined open with context menu options are available in Items view, in the Pending changes view, but not in the diff viewer window. Would you consider a unification here? IMO these predefined open with options would be useful in the diff viewer window as well.

The second difference is that both in the Items view and in the Pending changes view there is an action for double LMB click, but there is no adequate action supported in the diff viewer. Would you consider a unification with the Pending changes view here as well?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There needs to be a user right that controls if a user or user group can delete other peoples "Shelves".

As it could be possible to delete another person's shelf by accident, and there is no way of undoing that deletion. This would be especially important when the shelf itself contains a large number of changes which would take a while to redo.

Deleting of your own shelf is OK.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shallow clone in GitServer is currently unsupported. However it would be very useful for big repositories and CI systems.

My scenario:
    I've got very big game repository and CI system, which supports git (but not plastic directly). To perform tests and builds for multiple platform, the CI agents store a lot of clones of repository, with huge, unnecessary history. The shallow copy mechanism seems to be ideal for such case.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is a pity to have using the command line to get this information while it could be simply displayed by default in the properties of the selected changeset.
    Tortoise Mercurial GUI client do this and it is very easy to handle. More, the parent/child changesets can be quickly found just by clicking on the hypertext link

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?