Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Currently the Gluon Update Report pane displays the timestamp at the beginning of the report. This means that to find out the last time you synced you have to scroll up through a variable, and sometimes large, list of entries to find the timestamp while making sure that you don't overshoot it and end up in the previous update report.

I suggest moving it to the end of the report where the most recent sync time can always be easily found and quickly accessible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If you have a file in your Checkin changes tab that is Changed but not checked out, you currently have to switch to the Explore workspace tab and navigate to the file, then check it out.

I would like to be able to bring up the context menu for the file under the Checkin changes tab and choose Check out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since using branches for tasks is the preferred workflow I think it'd be useful to be able to copy the branch name from the changeset ui so we can easily goto our project management software.

or at the very least a way to go directly to that branch from the changeset view instead of having to look for it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I use a local repo, i should to download all branch-related data locally. Then i don't need it anymore (for example, it is rejected branch or we totally switch to the new parallel branch, or something else). But I have no ability to locally remove them. I fully understand that deleting branches from repo could cause troubles for whole tree, but what if i remove only local copy of that changesets/branches?

Of course I can locally remove all changesets and then whole branch, but it is such uncomfortable and if later i will want to switch back - it…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We use an email service to send users a message when a changeset is labeled. We use e.g. "D" as Discarded, for labeling this changeset as bad.
    Currently you can't get the owner of the labeled changeset from the environment variable in the after-mklabel trigger. Also you can't get the id of the changeset.
    Workaround would be, to use a cm find label with the given label name and repository to fand the label and the changeset id to get the owner of the changeset. I don't know why but this is currently not working inside of our trigger logic.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. https://www.sonarqube.org
    This is a open source code analyser.
    It can be connected to almost every major SCM, except for platsic ;)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is relatively easy and intuitive to undo changes in the working copy in gmaster using the x button next to the change. Expanding on that feature, I suggest adding such a button for recognized blocks of code, such as: types, classes, methods, fields.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Having autocomplete function in gmaster would be very beneficial.

GMaster already knows about what changed. I believe creating a list of possible words to be used in the commit summary or body, along with a list of file names changed/added shouldn't be difficult. Then such a list can be used to suggest names to users as they type commit messages in GMaster.

Hopefully, this feature is carried over to the Visual Studio plugin. Since the included Team Explorer from MS does not support such a feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Language Server Protocol was developed by Microsoft to allow the integration of external language with Microsoft tools, such as Visual Studio Code. The protocol is open source, and has been gaining traction especially with the growing popularity of Visual Studio code. It is being implemented by several organizations to provide support for both open source and proprietary languages. For example, Salesforce uses LSP to provide syntax highlighting and Intellisense in Visual Studio Code for their Apex language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am aware of PLASTICREVIEWCOMMENT and PLASTICREVIEWCOMMENT_ACTION events which seem handy for people who self-host. For us cloud-based folks, though, I don't believe there is any ability to even set up webhooks against these events.

Right now all my devops scripts for tracking code review (mostly to publish changes to our team's discord) make use of 'cm find review ...'. However, I can't figure out any way to access the actual comments associated with a review so the only useful changes I can track are changes in status and assignee.

Could you please add a feature…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I diff two changesets from different branches in Branch Explorer. Most of the time, the list of files includes entries that show NO MODIFICATION when selected. That is simply ANNOYING. If there is a use case where the list of files that received identical modifications is desired, PLEASE MAKE THIS AN OPTION rather than spamming the list by default.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently our team is using Plastic Cloud since we have a mix of in-office and remote workers. But as our project grows larger the update / branch switching time grows.

We would like to have an internal office copy of the repository that frequently syncs with the cloud copy but then our external team would be pointing to a different repository which breaks the file locks which are half the reason we are using Plastic over other source control solutions.

We could have our external team VPN into our local network but our local bandwidth is not the most ideal…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A checkbox similar to the one in Gluon that allows you to keep the files locked during checkin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice in the Plastic SCM GUI to be able to change the order of the merge views. I work with a lot of projects and some fall out of relevancy more than others at time, so I'd like to be able to keep my most active views on the top for easy access.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This would save us a TON of pain working in game dev. Not only make the locks across all branches where the locked files exist, but also setup plastic so you can do multiple commits while keeping the lock.

108 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A convenience suggestion. Could we get the checkout option in the context menu for items listed in checkin changes?

I find that Changed Items tends to reflect the items I want to checkout, so navigating the explore workspace tab becomes cumbersome in comparison.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you are in a branch with some un-submitted files and you don't want to submit them into your branch yet. If would be great to be able to select the files you want and submit them directly into another branch but keep you in your existing branch. We work with not allowing people to switch branches with pending changes so 'Check in to another branch' doesn't work unless we manually switch to allowing you to switch branches. Then once the files have been submitted to another branch you'd then have to switch back to your previous branch ready to…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've had a few issues with people accidentally clicking the undo changes button (it's right next door to checkin).

can we have those undone files that get overridden sent to the recycle bin

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Git Sync is currently hardcoded to work over SSH. Please support using a local file path to sync with bare, local repositories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?