Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. Searching in Visual Studio allows me to set multiple search terms separated by a space in order to better narrow my results. This is helpful if you aren't sure if the name of the file is "ProjectXMLData" or "ProjectDataXML", but you know for sure it has Project and XML in the name.

Attached Images
    - VSSearch01 - Shows searching for all 'project'
    - VSSearch02 - Shows adding 'xml', but not as an exact match. The results are still displayed as expected
    - WSSearch01 - Shows searching for 'project' and results show as expected
    -…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using a dark theme with the linux build ends up with some pretty glaring white backdrops to things and lots of unreadable text.

It seems Plastic isn't using the supplied gtk theme colours, but instead has hardcoded colours for certain things.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,
    We've recently had to rename a bunch of our files, and we were applying comments at check-in (because it was required), but have noticed that after the Check-In, the History will show the Move action, but no longer display the comment attached.

This would have been useful for us, as the comments kept track of some important information around why the renaming was happening, but this info is either lost/not displayed.

Cheers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When trying to switch the workspace to a different changeset/branch, the user is first asked if he's sure, but then gets an error if there are pending changes.

It would be great if the question dialog would show how many pending changes there are (and maybe a tooltip with a list of all changed files?). Then, if the user decides to go through with it anyway, the pending changes should be reverted (maybe have a checkbox, so the user is really sure) and the switch should be performed.

When there are no pending charges, the switch should just happen without…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice if the context menu descriptions when resolving a merge conflict would be more informative.

I'm referring to "Merge keeping source changes" and "Merge keeping workspace changes". The user has to know exactly which one is which, making this very error-prone.

I suggest using "mine" and "theirs", as is common in other tools, or if possible, the name of the branch of each version.

So "Merge keeping changes from 'main'" and "Merge keeping changes from 'main/fix-163'" would be much more informative.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I could not find an option to merge files manually when source has formatting and whitespace changes. These changes are lost after an auto-merge.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the workspaces tab, next to "Create new workspace..." a button "Add existing workspace" would be amazing.

Use case: I recently received a new laptop and all of my working files were copied from my old laptop including a folder containing numerous workspaces that are >10gb each, I needed to work on some of these projects while out of the office but couldn't find an easy way to add them back in to Plastic and recreating/downloading them from scratch while remote wasn't an option.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I propose that Plastic Cloud offers an incremental backup method. It should export backup data to customer-provided cloud storage (AWS S3 / Google Cloud Storage / Azure Storage), perform backups with high frequency (possibly with a combination of full / incremental backups), and only leave the responsibility of validating these backups with the customer.

Our use case:

We use Plastic Cloud instead of Plastic Server, because it reduces our operational overhead. Plastic Cloud is great in many ways, but using it means that we also entrust the responsibility of availability, security, as well as backups/disaster recovery with Codice Software.

As…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When starting a new project, allow the user to indicate that it is a Unity project, and enact default ignore file settings based on best practices. Allow the user to see which files will be ignored, and override them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I view file changes in the Compare Revisions window, I often want to know the current state of the file or change it. Add an option to locate the file in local workspace if it exists locally. It's not the same as current option to open that revision in a temp. directory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In Git UI I used to be able to do a simple task of reverting a selected commit locally. I saw an option to delete a changeset in Plastic, but sometimes you don't have a permission but you need to revert all the changes without opening any Diff windows and selecting any individual files.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, when I'm on a branch and I want to merge what I have to another branch (e.g. main) I have to right-click on my current branch/changeset, select "merge from this [] to..." and then pick the target from an endless list of all my braches.

This is incredibly error-prone, but still somewhat faster and more convenient than switching to the target branch and then merging from the branch I've just been at.

What I'd like to see is when I right-click on another branch/changeset (that I'm not on) that I get the option "Merge to this branch/changeset...".

This might…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the branch explorer view you have essentially two sections. The graphical chart on the left and the properties panels on the right.

Assigning attributes to branches is very handy for keeping track of things like status and work type, but currently you can't see those attributes "in a big picture" as you have to click on the branch and then look at its attributes in the right hand panel.

What about allowing us a Display Option to draw the attribute name and value in the main chart right underneath the branch? This would allow for seeing the information on…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I am in a workspace that is linked to SomeRepo@SomeCompany@cloud, and I create a new XLink, the XLink dialogue by default has Target Server set to local, and Use Relative Server set to true. These are incompatible! Either relative shouldn't be checked by default, or the server default should match the workspace's server. I think the latter option is more convenient for most use cases.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be great if Gmaster would support git-worktree
    It could be solved in similar way as in PlasticSCM - creation of different workspaces for same repository

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I hear from my designer-y people that they'd like to be able to experiment with features before checking them in to the cloud. Naturally this can be done with branches with the regular plastic, but I'd like for them to keep utilizing the simplicity of gluon.

I don't have a solid suggestion as to how to implement this, but as an alternative to checkin you could provide a "experimental checkin" action. Gluon still behaves as normal, but these checkins are only present for the user. When the user is done experimenting, they can checkin their experimental changesets to the cloud…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Now, the update triggers only provide a path to the workspace being updated.
    Having access to the old and new changeset-id's opens up quite a lot new possibilities.

For example, in UE4, when working with plugins in a code project, they are compiled automatically at first. When making code changes to the plugins, they are often not automatically detected which causes the engine to crash at startup.
    Deleting two specific folders makes the engine recompile those binaries automatically and thus fixes this inconvenience. Unfortunately, this process takes about 5 minutes on average so doing it after every update is not…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Marked" branches should always be visible, even when they don't have any new changesets in the last couple of days/weeks so that I don't have to scroll back for a merge.

This could be achieved by sticking the last changeset of a "marked" branch to the left edge of the branch explorer

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an option to clear the report window output display in the context window for the update report pane

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 26 27