Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

526 results found

1. It will be useful to have possibility to shelve changes made in "main" repository even if some of files which are changed are located in repository connected by read only xlink. Now shelve is treated in the same way as checkin and it is not allowed to do such operation

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This has been fixed in standard Plastic, but Gluon still does not support mouse wheel scrolling while hovering over the comment box in the "Checkin changes" tab, with or without the cursor being in that box

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I almost always use multiple line comments on my submissions, and so do several other people in my studio. I usually mouse over the changeset in the "Changesets" tab to see the full comment, but the current display duration for the full comment overlay is often too short to read the entire comment.

I'd suggest the duration be increased significantly or that as long as the cursor remains over the changeset it be displayed indefinitely.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, "out of date" is only displayed at the file level in the "Explore workspace" tab. This presupposes that you know what files are out of date, as viewing the root or any of the folders in between the root and the out of date file will look the same as if there was nothing out of date in them.

To be able to track what files are out of date in a workspace, it would be nice to see the out of date indicator all the way down.

Ex.

root (out of date)
    Content (out of date)
    __
    Images…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After marking multiple files and choosing Undo, the warning message only states that "You are going to undo X changes". This helps catch issues of undoing significantly more or less files than you intended, but doesn't help if a single critical file was accidentally included in the list of files to undo.

I'd suggest listing the full path of all of the files that are going to be affected by the undo command on that warning message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've had a few issues with people accidentally clicking the undo changes button (it's right next door to checkin).

can we have those undone files that get overridden sent to the recycle bin

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be nice in the Plastic SCM GUI to be able to change the order of the merge views. I work with a lot of projects and some fall out of relevancy more than others at time, so I'd like to be able to keep my most active views on the top for easy access.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Language Server Protocol was developed by Microsoft to allow the integration of external language with Microsoft tools, such as Visual Studio Code. The protocol is open source, and has been gaining traction especially with the growing popularity of Visual Studio code. It is being implemented by several organizations to provide support for both open source and proprietary languages. For example, Salesforce uses LSP to provide syntax highlighting and Intellisense in Visual Studio Code for their Apex language.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having autocomplete function in gmaster would be very beneficial.

GMaster already knows about what changed. I believe creating a list of possible words to be used in the commit summary or body, along with a list of file names changed/added shouldn't be difficult. Then such a list can be used to suggest names to users as they type commit messages in GMaster.

Hopefully, this feature is carried over to the Visual Studio plugin. Since the included Team Explorer from MS does not support such a feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is relatively easy and intuitive to undo changes in the working copy in gmaster using the x button next to the change. Expanding on that feature, I suggest adding such a button for recognized blocks of code, such as: types, classes, methods, fields.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since using branches for tasks is the preferred workflow I think it'd be useful to be able to copy the branch name from the changeset ui so we can easily goto our project management software.

or at the very least a way to go directly to that branch from the changeset view instead of having to look for it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently the Gluon Update Report pane displays the timestamp at the beginning of the report. This means that to find out the last time you synced you have to scroll up through a variable, and sometimes large, list of entries to find the timestamp while making sure that you don't overshoot it and end up in the previous update report.

I suggest moving it to the end of the report where the most recent sync time can always be easily found and quickly accessible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an option to clear the report window output display in the context window for the update report pane

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I hear from my designer-y people that they'd like to be able to experiment with features before checking them in to the cloud. Naturally this can be done with branches with the regular plastic, but I'd like for them to keep utilizing the simplicity of gluon.

I don't have a solid suggestion as to how to implement this, but as an alternative to checkin you could provide a "experimental checkin" action. Gluon still behaves as normal, but these checkins are only present for the user. When the user is done experimenting, they can checkin their experimental changesets to the cloud…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I am in a workspace that is linked to SomeRepo@SomeCompany@cloud, and I create a new XLink, the XLink dialogue by default has Target Server set to local, and Use Relative Server set to true. These are incompatible! Either relative shouldn't be checked by default, or the server default should match the workspace's server. I think the latter option is more convenient for most use cases.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update the Conflict Resolution dialog to include additional information about the conflict.

In particular, it would be helpful during a branch merge to know which branch is being considered as the Source and which is the Destination.

In the attached example, it would be helpful to know that the Delete operation occurred on the /develop branch, and the change operation occurred on the /develop/tileeffectsupdate child branch.

This will further clarify and confusion about which action to perform.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently it's difficult to tell if a file has been checked-out and modified or is just checked-out as a mark for modification in the pending changes view.

It would be nice if I could, at a glance see the Checked-out (Unchanged) or Checked-out (Changed) instead of having to run 'Undo Changes -> Undo unchanged' before almost every checkin.

Perhaps changing the file icon from an orange exclamation to green if it's Checked-out (Unchanged)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Having a live log of gitsync processing files (not just the ring/percentage, and steps).
    There's many occasions on which it stays for 10, 20 minutes on the same % and it's hard to know if it's not working or simply processing more or less files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice if Plastic threw an error/message saying "File already in use" when trying to merge a binary file with changes only in source contributor(for my specific case), when the file being merged is opened by another application. Right now it fails to merge the file, keeping it in the Pending Changes view, and never merging it or alerting the user that there is an issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For example,