Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

307 results found

1. I use branch "Comments" field as a list of new or modified SQL stored procedures. However, if I accidently click on another branch or changeset, then all unsaved changes to commentary will be erased.
    So I suggest to add a confirmation dialog before changing selected object if Comments field has unsaved changes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. When you have a moderately sized team and want to scan through the branch explorer for work you did, even with changeset coloring, it can be difficult to find what you are looking for. A toggle to hide every changeset other than ones that you worked on would make this a much quicker and simpler process.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. the synchronize with Git Repository requires that I keep entering the Repository URL along with Username and password. It would be nice if these values were persisted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey SemanticMerge Team,

when will other payment system be available for semantic merge?
    I doesn't have a credit card but a normal paypal account...

I really love your tool!

Thank you :)

Sanny

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice to be able to create a code review via the command line interface. This would allow us to use the after-checkin trigger to create and assign a code review, automatically.

I did research this, so if this functionality already exists, I apologize.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to have the possibility to just install the plasticscm commandline on Linux systems (e.g. apt-get plastic-cm). This would make it much easier to get this great source code management system more tolerated by old-fashioned GIT fans.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be useful if the defined filters had checkboxes to quickly enable/disable them so you can have different settings in different views and some common filters defined.

This feature doesn't seem to work well with show 'selected branches in a new diagram'. Should inclusions and 'add child/parent branches' only consider branches that would otherwise visible? ie. all in the default explorer, but not add in new ones in the custom one?

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Very minor display issue, ampersands in checkin comments are showing up as underscores (alt-key accessibility)

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. When using the Dark theme in Visual Studio, the background for the Branch Explorer is black (or dark grey). This makes it very difficult to see and trace all of the merge links. Please rework the background for the plug in to either force the Branch Explorer to use the standard white background, or use lighter, brighter versions of the colors for the merge links, to make them more readable.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the VS plugin it is possible to shelve changes from the commit window by committing them to a shelf instead of to the current branch. Once this happens, however, there is no way to get them back(Through the plugin I mean) because the shelves tab is not available.

You can recover the shelved changes by opening the regular Plastic GUI, but this shouldn't be necessary.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, git-sync allows a plastic client to sync with git. However, it would be handy if git could clone a repository on a plastic server. THis wqould allow integration with products that integrate with git (such as FishEye).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An undo action (Ctrl+Z) is really needed in a Merge Tool. Especially when editing the result manually.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Similar to existing pre/post commit hooks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In: http://plasticscm.com/movetoplastic/index.html#git
    It says "Part (of all)" instead of "Part (or all)"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. 1) I am using Plastic SCM commands (using cm.exe) to retrieving different set of files which are used for our internal code reviews purposes.

2) And once I create a code review for the retrieved files, I want to add the same new code review entry to my corresponding PlasticSCM repository to track.

3) Also I want to update Plastic SCM Code review entries (added in point 2) once code review is signed-off externally.

So, is there some way with which i can achieve above mentioned points.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I frequently want to change this in branch explorer, and it involves too many mouse clicks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Add the possibility to synchronize with GIT using an RSA-Key. Now you have to enter username and password for the GIT repository.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If a line of text is indented using tabs and the line is edited by typing in Result file box in a Merge Tool, then the indentation is modified to spaces. The indentation should not be modified!

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The task has been finished. Public Release 5.0.44.608 (Sep 26th 2014)

Merge tool: If a line of text was indented using tabs and the line was also edited in the ‘Result file’ textbox, then the indentation was modified to spaces. Fixed. Now, the tabs are preserved in this case.
  19. During heavy-duty work on a set of objects, it would be nice to have a button in Pending changes which will Checkin all Pending and automatically re-Checkout the same objects. This will speed up development. Sometimes many disparate objects are being updated and if they reside in different folders, doing interim checkins (for safety's sake) requires going through the folders and checking out those objects one at a time. It would just be better to be able to checkin several objects and have them checked out, again, automatically.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. When using the annotate command on the GUI, it is possible to annotate files from a certain changeset.
    However, it is not possible to do so from the 'cm ann' command line. The command only refers to local files.
    Having this option will help me build a tool to automate the 'blame' process.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?